WEN

Esteemed Contributor

WEN Tea Tree Oil/natural mosquito repellant

In about 2015 I read a WEN product review in which the writer claimed WEN Tea Tree oil worked well as a personal bug repellant. Have you ever heard that or used it for that?

I always kept it in the back of my mind, and when Chaz offered oil in the Sept 2016 TSV I ordered Tea Tree intending to test it out in summer.

Well, it's summer.  We've had a good deal of rain and there are mosquitoes, flies, gnats, no-seeums galore!

Tonight I was slapping at them nonstop for over an hour.

I went in, applied TT oil to exposed skin and surface of hair, the difference is incredible! 

I can sit outside comfortably now.

2 bottles in the cupboard and a 3rd on the way. Gotta love TSVs on auto-delivery! Id sure rather have tea tree & eucalyptus on my skin than something lab created.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Tea Tree Oil/natural mosquito repellant

Yes, indeed @x Hedge, it does work to repel skeeters! I spray the TT RTM on my puppy if we are going to the beach at sundown and he doesn't have to fight off anything. Oh, & I use it too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Tea tree oil pads work wonders for mosquitoes and other bug bites.

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent @SurferWife!

That settles it!

Now I must have Tea Tree RTM.

Oh, woe!

Will there never be an end to my WEN-ish needyness?

Respected Contributor

I too use TT (both the oil and RTM) on myself and Rip (my dog) to keep the flying pests away. Love it!!

Respected Contributor

Hedge, what I do is spray all over with RTM, then while the mist is still wet on my skin, run a fine line of the oil down my arms.  Then I spread the oil out with the moisture of the RTM.  It makes the oil go further, since it's not a cheap product.  I mist my hair and face, as well as my clothes, but I don't apply oil there, just my arms where the skin is bare.  I find the mosquitoes don't try to bite through my denim jeans, but they will go through a t-shirt, so I mist my shirt to keep them off me as much as possible.  Only my bare skin is attractive enough to the little winged vampires enough to need the oil, thankfully.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks@CamilleP  This gets better and better!

Use TT RTM as a spreader for the oil. Fantastic!

Wonder if TT mousse would do instead of RTM in a pinch?

Respected Contributor

I'm sure that the mousse would work just as well, Hedge.  It might work better, since it's thicker than the mist.  Give it a shot and tell us how it does, please.

Respected Contributor

Yup a rama!  I hoid it too!!!  I heard it works like a charm for that!

Respected Contributor

Hedge, my thoughts exactly.