WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN TSV - Clearing stock for new "cleaner" formula?

@SandGirl ,  yeah, I know that's not your style.

Don't sweat it. 🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl 

is not a WEN basher and is sharing an opinion. So many TSV's or specials have had expired dates and it was discussed.

There are wonderful hair care lines out there without any harsh products or silicones. 

Chaz has always used his line on himself, family, friends and on his high end clients. His intentions appear to always be good and upright. He sees a major trend in the market and making his formulas to match is nothing "awful" to talk about.

Esteemed Contributor

Sandgirl

You are entitled to your opinon and your thoughts as is everyone else.  That is what makes the forums interestiong to read.  Always nice to hear different thoughts and viewpoints.

Keep posting whatever you feel like sharing!

Super Contributor

It will be interesting to see what the manufactured dates on the TSV products are when all of us receive our packages. That might be able to answer some of the thoughts about clearing out older formulations/products. 

Since the Styling Creme is a new size, I cannot imagine the company filling the new container with old product (unless there are vats of styling creme in a warehouse some place just waiting around to be placed into containers of any size). 

I can say that during the last year when I have ordered Seasonal CC I have received products that have an older manufacture date and that is disappointing and it always makes me wonder one of 2 things:

1. Is QVC not rotating their stock?

2. Is Wen not selling as well as it once did (so there is more product sitting around)?

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@x Hedge  Edited my post, I hope that helps.

@SandGirl ,

I don't come to this forum very often, or follow Chaz on social media. So this thread, in the middle of the TSV, was the first I heard about Chaz going back and reformulating the original product line. And since he did reformulate the Classic oils, I pushed you for more information.

With the price on this TSV, a lot of us would put in double hoarder-orders right now if we thought the classic formulas were about to be changed.

Different isn't always better.

That's why I questioned the wording you used in both your posts where formula change sounds like a certainty.

I don't know why these other folks are thrashing around. Sale prices are always for the purpose of clearing stock.

Esteemed Contributor

@TamiT28 

#2:  WEN sales went worldwide a couple of years ago, so it's selling in greater amounts than ever.

#1: who knows what QVC rotates when, if ever. 

However, since Qurate stepped in I've seen a steady effort to eliminate these old bad habits, like overbuying the lot, then not restocking as the more popular items sell out.

I remember waiting nearly the whole season for QVC to restock a newly launched seasonal cleanser conditioner, after it sold out at the launch.

This was when a seasonal was only available for 3 months out of 12.

....meaning it sat idle on a shelf somewhere for 9 months, just getting older.... until it was made available for sale again.

Also, on QVC, gallons of WEN sold for only 1 month out of 12.

Since Qurate, QVC has extended and overlapped the Seasonals' availability, and gallons are available all year. Extended availability not only keeps product moving, it cuts into eBay sales, the source of questionable, sometimes "homemade" so-called WEN.

But Chaz had told us many times the WEN from his website and QVC are good for a minimum of two years AFTER the user breaks the seal/exposes the product to common air.

The clock starts when it's opened, not when it's bottled.

Super Contributor

I am very familiar with the fact that the "clock" starts when the seal is broken not when the product is manufactured.

My point is that I want to spend my hard earned money on product that is more recently manufactured rather than product that has been sitting on a shelf some where for a year or more.

Esteemed Contributor

That last line wasn't for you, @TamiT28 .  I'm sure you're fully aware many cosmetic manufacturers have moved toward including ingredients that have to be grown and harvested, making availability of sufficient "batch" amounts subject to a limited, cyclical schedule.