WEN

Respected Contributor

Hi sueinsf, I am just so enthused with the Bella line, I overlooked your question. 

To me, the Bella Cleansing Conditioner smells a bit like cucumber but I think it has cucumber water in it.  Maybe a wee bit powdery.  Something like that. 

World Traveler is very good at explaining better than I.  It's not a strong smell.  In fact, I don't smell it at all after using it and my hair is dry.  Even the Dry Cleanser.  I don't smell it a minute or two after I've used it.  For me, both the plain and the Indigo are amazing for my hair. 

My hair, before using Wen, DID look just as bad, if not worse than the models' before pictures.  I have a picture of myself that looks like someone just placed a dirty, dingy, piece of sod over my head.  That's how bad my hair was.  I was coloring it brown, using shampoos of all kinds, using deep conditioners from all over the world that were empty promises and then....I discovered Wen.  Now, I'm afraid people are gonna think I'm show boating!  The slightest bit of movement of my head and my hair is swinging and bouncing and shine that actually looks like it's glittering in the light.  I'm gonna send a copy of that picture to Chaz and take one recent.  He's gonna get a laugh out the terrible shape my hair was in before Wen.  My hair was down to my waist.  Strangers would approach me and just openly stare and ask me how my hair is so "perfect" as they would say.  I had to cut it because I had to have surgery and could not deal with long hair in the shower.  It began growing in but had another surgery, nothing life threatening but my appendix turned rotten LOL!  So then my gall bladder had to go too, YIKES!  I cut it into a short bob after that horror and now....it's so thick, full and just so amazing with minimal effort, thanks to Wen.  I'm gonna let it grow down to my knees just for kicks.  I discovered that applying it, while cleansing just like Chaz does with the models is important AND the ReMoist Treatment.  It MUST be used over night and just rinsed in the morning.  My hair is like "doll" hair.  I don't just massage, I rake over and over and it begins to thicken ALOT.  I add a handful of water, loosen it and rake over and over.  I then duck under shower stream and again, rake, rake and it gets REALLY frothy.  I feel this is key.  I've never seen results like I get with Wen from any other product and I had boxes upon boxes of empty promises.  I love Chaz and HE uses nothing but Wen.  His salon is lovely too.  I've periscoped it.  He's booked up months in advance.  I've heard his people that work there are cracker jack at their craft too.  Sorry, I'm just a fan but a true one.  Everything I've described is exactly what I do and experience.  I hope you love the Bella as much as me.  It's so much fun!

Honored Contributor

I might have to cave and get at least one TSV after all.  After hearing Chaz talk on Facebook yesterday about the past couple of TSV’s, I’m concerned about it selling out, or rather not selling out.  

I guess I’ll just have to force myself to buy! 🤣🤣  (Yeah, right.😉)

Esteemed Contributor

Even if the Bella line agreed with me, the Cucumber Aloe classic has been left out of the TSV choices again. So there's nothing in that spring TSV for me this year.   

😞

Super Contributor

@

@geezerette   Do you mind sharing what Chaz said about recent TSVs?

thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN TSV - 4/5/19

[ Edited ]

@posterchild 

Of course!  I’m sorry, I should have done that in the first place! 😊

I don’t remember the dates of the last couple of TSVs, so I hope I can phrase this so it’s understandable:

Chaz said that the TSV before the last one (would that have been the holiday/end of year one?) sold out.  So, QVC ordered more for the last TSV.  But that one did not sell out.  QVC won’t have him if he isn’t moving as much product as possible, even if it was their mistake in ordering.  So, as he has done in the past, he said that if we want him to come to QVC he needs to sell out of his TSVs.  I’m assuming because that’s what’s being pushed for the day, so there’s a lot of time spent on them, which means QVC wants to make as much money as they can from them. 

He also mentioned that he makes no profit from the TSVs; that he does them as a ‘thank you’ to his customers.  And when there is free shipping (as this coming TSV will have) he is the one responsible for giving it to us, not QVC.

Now, it’s not unusual for the vendor to want to sell as much product as possible, but given Chaz’ personality and how open he seems to be on these videos, I don’t think he’s doing an overkill.  I think he’s just being open with us about how things work there behind the scenes.  My opinion entirely, of course.

Maybe someone else can recall anything I’ve missed about this topic.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN TSV - 4/5/19

[ Edited ]

@geezerette You stated it quite well. Heart

QVC gives him (and any other vendor who has a TSV) a quota to meet (number of TSVs that must be sold on that day). If he meets and surpasses that, that helps determine not only if he will return, but how soon and how often the shows are on the day he comes back.

The TSV in the Fall 2018 just happened to fall on the same day as the funeral for Aretha Franklin and John McCain. So not as many people were watching. He made his quota, but it was not as good as he would have liked. That was hard for him because it was the first TSV on a Saturday in two years. He likes having his TSV on the weekends. QVC did notice an upswing in sales AFTER the funerals were broadcast.

I asked him if QVC takes that into account, something major like a national funeral or a royal wedding, etc., and he said they do NOT take anything like something major going on in the rest of the country for lower-than-expected sales.

What doesn't help is when people purchase the TSV early and not during his presentation day. He said those sales do NOT count toward his quota. It's the same for all vendors, but it is unfair for QVC not to count them.

I purposely make a point to order the TSV when he (or Gina) is giving the presentation. I figure it is the least I can do for all his products have done for me. Sometimes, if it is during a time I am at work and in a meeting, I just excuse myself to go to the restroom, and then order in there! Everyone in meetings glances at their phones or iPads anyway, so it's not noticeable when I have one of them opened to QVC live with the sound off, and ask to be excused.

I've also ordered TSVs when I am out of the country, figuring out the time zone, etc.  Sometimes I have to set my alarm to get up in the middle of the night, but I know t helps the vendor. Where there is a will, there is a way. Heart

Honored Contributor

@geezerette I forgot.....about the free shipping. You are correct about that too. If QVC has a free shipping day, then everything sold on the website that day is free. But if that is not the case, but Chaz's products say free shipping during his presentation, then it is out of his pocket.

Also, he pays for most of the models' time. He thinks QVC just pays for one model's time per hour. If he has a two-hour show, then they would pay for a second model's time. His office manager/administrative assistant handles all that. He usually has so many models, so their time on his show (plus the time he takes to prep their hair) is out of his pocket.

When his sister is on, she is considered a guest, so QVC does not pay for her. I imagine it is the same when he has Faith (one of his salon customers) from Sacramento on there.

Honored Contributor

I’d be Chaz’s model for free. Just buy my airfare and I’m there...WITH TOBY!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thank you for explaining in detail! 🥰

Perhaps you can clarify a couple of things for me:  When WEN has a TSV, is Chaz credited if I purchase it any time during that day, or is it only when he (or Gina) is/are on air?

Also, when Chaz is on air, is he given credit for any WEN product I order during that presentation, even if the product I order is not in that particular presentation?

I’m pretty flexible in being able to order, but I often buy WEN products that are not offered on air.

❤️🙂

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette , I too buy WEN items not actually being presented.

I get whatever WEN I'm going to buy onto my wish list in advance. Then when Chaz is introduced I go to the wish list and place the order.

Also, I use the wish list on the app instead of the website for ordering because it's quicker, and you can still make notes on that one.