WEN

Valued Contributor

Keep in mind the smell doesn’t last that long. But it is not for the faint of heart. I tolerate it because of how it makes my hair look. The Lav gives my thin baby fine hair volume and plumps it up.

The only issue I’ve had with burning was with Fall Ginger Pumpkin. I loved the smell so much that it was the only CC I used for a month. So I cut back on using it, problem solved.  

The Indigo in the TSV the reason I have bought Lav and CA which I’m out of and I’m low on Fig…ummm.

Respected Contributor

sznk, I remember CA as a very light, fresh scent, a little herbal/botanical, but overall just a fresh scent.  It is indeed clarifying for both scalp and hair.  Lav is very floral and strongly scented, and I found it drying for my hair and irritating for my scalp, so I no longer use it.  If you decide to order something besides TT in the TSV, I'd vote for CA, I think you'll like it better than Lav.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @sznk !

Classic Lav seems to provide a lot of poofyness to hair that already has a lot of natural texture. But good with thinner/straighter hair. Think Mary Beth Roe.

I avoided the CA, thinking my hair was too dry for a clarifyer. But I finally ordered it on last spring's TSV, and love it. I'm skipping this TSV though. Found an oil duo to keep me happy tho.  😁

Generally speaking the Classics don't really have much for me. Certainly better than ANY shampoo, but i pretty much keep classics on scalp and richer WEN choices in the hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@sznk 

Lavender is one of my mainstay classics. I do not find it to be drying at all! I originally purchased it for the volume and have stuck with it for years. I love the scent, it's one of the best, most authentic lavender I've ever smelled. Chaz did a great job with this. My hair is med to fine in texture, a slight wave and not dry. You could mix LAV with Bella Spirit CC, which I find to be highly moisturizing, almost too much on its own for me. That might be a good combo for your hair.

I'd purchased the CA years ago and returned it. I had Rosanna Rosanna Danna hair poofed out to the next county. I've since repurchased (love the fragrance) but tempered it by mixing with Bella Spirit CC or styling products which I'm more familiar with these many years later. HTH. 

Frequent Contributor
thnx so much for your helpful replies.
I ordered the CA TSV while Chaz was on air. if I don't like it I presume I can exchange it for Lav. I already love the BSI, & still have a sealed 32 oz CC of it.
the good thing is, it's all wen 😁
Honored Contributor

Did anyone hear how many TSV's he sold this time around? If so, how many did they say?

Valued Contributor

At one point I heard them say 30,000 but I didn't hear the final tally.  

Honored Contributor

@woodyend Thanks! It was such a good deal, I hope he did well and it helps his quota for coming back soon. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: WEN TSV - 4/5/19

[ Edited ]

I really enjoyed watching Chaz!

He does work so hard and I really admire what he has been able to achieve with such passion and determination.

Having a successful business isn't easy and he has really built such an amazing brand that has brought so much to our lives. 

I am so very grateful to have been able to watch him over the years on the Q and now on Periscope as well!!  Hopefully I will be able to meet him at some point too and am a bit jealous of those on here who get to visit his salon!! Maybe I will be able go to NYC at some point to see him too!!

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@woodyend wrote:

At one point I heard them say 30,000 but I didn't hear the final tally.  

I never heard anyone all day say how many had sold.  Guess I missed this.  It kind of worried me, along with the fact that none of the formulas sold out.  Made me wonder about how well he did.

I do have to say that the ladies that called in seemed to be especially passionate about their WEN (and Chaz) this visit.  More so than usual.