WEN

Honored Contributor

@scullychick I have not tried the White Citrus oil. Maybe I will this year. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Did you all just hear Chaz say that he will be back before the end of the year, and then he said (in a singing voice)....."winter." So I assume THAT is when QVC will break out all the winter products, or at least present them. I can wait until then for my White Forest Remoist and also hopefully, I will get my White Citrus CC then!

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler 

Yes I did!!!!

Super Contributor

Thanks @World Traveler. I will probably pick it up during his next show. Reviews on his website are good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Yes, I heard Chaz say the end of Dec. yahoo! I really need to stock up on some WWF. Also, re: the TSV - I decided to gift the Spring set to my daughter as well as the trio of Spring SC's. 

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor - Love your hair - stock up on the Indigo!

Contributor

Re: WEN TSV - 12/3/19

[ Edited ]

I received my Winter TSV today. The WVM smells just like it should and WF smells like spearmint ribbon candy

The red currant on the other hand, omg I know Chaz is a dog person but seriously - its literally the smell of a catbox... so much so that I googled it after re-smelling it about 10 times to see if it would clear - and all I still smelled was cat pee and some roses. 

Seems to be that currants DO smell like cat urine - scientifically. To some people - I guess I am one of them. 

https://www.compoundchem.com/2015/07/23/blackcurrants/

I dont even want to use this up as a first wash in case the smell lingers... but I still love Chaz. And I forgive him. And now I have the perfect gift to give a dog person with bad hair.  <3

Esteemed Contributor

LOL! at your assessment @Kaproud1 .

The first time I smelled WRC I said,

Gee, this smells exactly like my granpa smelled in 1956.

In fact, WRC smells like a very popular men's toiletry from years ago. A lot of men smelled like that, not just my Granpa.

I've always figured this is another one of those "scent memories" Chaz keeps recreating. 

Maybe a Santa smelled like this in Chaz's early memory.

Someone described it as "wet dirt" in a review. As a gardener I find that to be an agreeable smell.

I do smell a very earthy, genuine smell in WRC.

A combination of snow, leaves and soil going through the freeze and thaw cycles of winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kaproud1 

P.S.  One of Chaz's most popular Seasonals is summer honey peach.

Where most smell delicious, juicy, ripe peach, I only smell old cat pee.

While I'm sure it's caused by some ingredient that balances the peachy sweetness, for my nose there is no balance, as it overshadows everything else. I take it that's what you're getting from WRC. 

Oh well.  😝

Contributor

@x Hedge yes the article mentioned something about it being due to ascorbic acid or something like that but only the nose knows.... LOL

On the up side, we will no longer ever hear about Wen expiration dates - theyve been completely removed from the labels and bottles. Chaz said ENOUGH!!! LOL