WEN

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

INteresting that there is no,provision to pull the specific products covered in the suit from the market.  HOwever a warning label must be affixed to all future product production.

I was just at a beauty shop yesterday looking at products and saw warning labels on a natural no sulfate line. It should be common sense to stop using something you have a bad reaction to. In fact I just started a thread this week about a product line that didn't work for me, that I returned. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
My Shadow looked a lot like Jaxs. He came to me when he 3 weeks old. Bathed him when he was kitten, Later he would shower with me. Miss him terribly. But! I know I'll see him again.
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you lost your kitty @Sweet_Serenity 

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Settlement

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

Shadow was my everything, He's onto his next path. Please me looking at Jax, Obviously loved & cared for. Magnificent, Gaze wonder what he was thinking? He looks regal. Prince Charming.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

Shadow was my everything, He's onto his next path. Please me looking at Jax, Obviously loved & cared for. Magnificent, Gaze wonder what he was thinking? He looks regal. Prince Charming.

He is super sweet, he was looking out the front window when I took the photo. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

INteresting that there is no,provision to pull the specific products covered in the suit from the market.  HOwever a warning label must be affixed to all future product production.

I was just at a beauty shop yesterday looking at products and saw warning labels on a natural no sulfate line. It should be common sense to stop using something you have a bad reaction to. In fact I just started a thread this week about a product line that didn't work for me, that I returned. 

Why would there be an provision to pull the product from shelves? The vast majority of users don't experience this effect with any formula and, though the suit was settled, there was still evidence that any ingredient in WEN causes hair loss.

I've been on Advair for my asthma for 20 years. A side effect of one of the ingredients in Advair is literally "an increased risk of death from asthma problems." There have been multiple lawsuits and multiple settlements, but the product is still on the market because millions of people around the world have been using the drug safely and found it to be one of the best medications we've used for asthma. 

So Advair is linked to an increased risk of death and is still on the market and one of the most popular and effective asthma drugs in the world. Yes, WEN is still going to be on shelves - and in my shower.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I do not see a reason to bring it up now, @HappyDaze. @Sweet_Serenity did appologize, after her problems with WEN ended, and she is one of us, in the WEN community. She participates and defends this community and WEN company NOW.  We all say things sometimes at one point or another, so what? 

Last time I checked you are not board monitor, @sonechko. If she calls out people saying not so nice things about WEN and WEN users that she herself has done, perhaps she shouldn't attack them for it.  I am not going to be told by you what I can and can't say on the forums. That is the board monitors job, not yours.

I think the defense of WEN is getting a little out of control and a bit nutty. You can share your experiences with people but some of these "I am going to defend WEN at all cost" posts really do the  WEN's image a disservice, imo.

And that is the last I will discuss this with you. I know you like to get the last word in on any "discussion" so go for it!

By the very same token, you are absolutely NOT a board monitor also, to censor or attack  @Sweet_Serenity for what she had to say, or myself for defending her. No reason to attack WEN Board members here. A little bit of forgiveness for things past would not hurt anyone.

If you feel, that I "defend WEN at all cost", or this is "a little out of control and "nutty", please allow the moderators to decern if it's unappropriate - not you, and please, feel free to skip over my posts, just like I do with great many of yours.  It really getting a little too old getting snipey comments from you and on multiple occasions - I am just about your mother's age to feel okay to be lectured by you.

And I sincerely hope - that is the last we discuss it with each other.

Honored Contributor
sonechko.... You speak so beautifully. Never meant for you or any Wenner to defend past behavior. I was wrong, You were one of the first to accept my apologies. Every time See your beautiful avatar smile. Symbolically Speaks, Volumes of who what you stand for.💓
Trusted Contributor

@sonechko  yes, it was obvious to me also what was going on.  What amazes me is the issue that currently exists regarding the animosity toward a product.  The original issue was a reaction to the product.  So, one would argue common sense would dictate stop the usage.  Instead, there is litigation and those that have had no issues are marginalized and made to feel badly when they promote their results.  The entire genre is indicative of the bullying nature of today.  It is not good enough that the naysayers have their say, now, they want to shut down all that disagree.  Sound familiar?

Esteemed Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@sonechko  yes, it was obvious to me also what was going on.  What amazes me is the issue that currently exists regarding the animosity toward a product.  The original issue was a reaction to the product.  So, one would argue common sense would dictate stop the usage.  Instead, there is litigation and those that have had no issues are marginalized and made to feel badly when they promote their results.  The entire genre is indicative of the bullying nature of today.  It is not good enough that the naysayers have their say, now, they want to shut down all that disagree.  Sound familiar?

Yes @Deanie. Unfortunately common sense has very little to do with threads and post of this nature - the warning to stop use if there are any reaction, the possible allergies to certain ingredients, and stuff - this all had been discussed here a million times before, and does not get received as reasonable. They truly wish to see it gone.... Why? I do not know, how much hate one may carry in them. Unless, unless - there is some kind of advantage for these people in trying to destroy the product line. But, yes sounds familiar - they have say and we - don't. Right? Wrong!