WEN

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko  The phrase that the other poster uses to close an argument has a long history of being incorrect.  It originally came into existence as a spoof on colloquial expressions of poor dialect and poking fun at those individuals that has little to no education.  In other words, the expression had its origins in ridicule.  Mark Twain never said it.  For additional information go to quote investigator.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Settlement

[ Edited ]

@Deanie wrote:

@sonechko  The phrase that the other poster uses to close an argument has a long history of being incorrect.  It originally came into existence as a spoof on colloquial expressions of poor dialect and poking fun at those individuals that has little to no education.  In other words, the expression had its origins in ridicule.  Mark Twain never said it.  For additional information go to quote investigator.

I was not questioning the meaning of the phrase itself, @Deanie. I know it.

It's just this poster's attempt in attacking Wenners -  I do not get. We posting in response to a new anti-WEN thread, and I do not get why she should twist the meaning in our responses to THIS? -  "Denial is not just a river in Egypt. It is surely prevalent on these defensive posts."  Ha?

Simply, just a new Anti-WEN thread started once again, to invoke controversy and animosity among boards members, and like our Mods like to phrase it - "this is argumentative". I sincerely hope Mods will stop this thread going another 100 pages with hidden insults like this one, open quarrels, poofed posts, and other unpleasant "argumentative" things that usually bloom on all these Anti-WEN threads.
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@mac116 wrote:

WHY is it that some Wen users REFUSE to believe that some people have an adverse reaction to using Wen JUST because they don't???  There are peanut, gluten, tree nut, sulfur, penicillan, etc. allergies.  Just because I don't have any of those allergies, does NOT make me believe that the millions of people who do have those allergies are LIARS!

I think most of ARE saying that people who are having an adverse reaction to WEN IS because of an allergy to an ingredient. But if you are allergic to something, it doesn't mean  a product is bad and the company should be sued because YOU are allergic to an ingredient in it. Penicillin is a life saver for many but for those us with an allergy to it, it can actually kill us. It does not mean that I should (or ever would) sue the companies making penicillin or that it should be taken off the market just because I cannot use it. I simply don't use it.

Yes to this, @HappyDaze.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Settlement

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

INteresting that there is no,provision to pull the specific products covered in the suit from the market.  HOwever a warning label must be affixed to all future product production.

Interesting that there is no provision to pull products?  Why? Reaching a settlement with alleged "victims" is nothing like getting ordered a judgement full of provisions.

The legal settlement basically means this - "We pay you x-amount of dollars, and you'll forget about your alleged injuries and leave us alone".

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

INteresting that there is no,provision to pull the specific products covered in the suit from the market.  HOwever a warning label must be affixed to all future product production.

Six months ago began using Wen. My experience, Has been wenderful! Bamboo Green Tea, Highly recommend. Moments ago cleansed using BGT. When finished always wipe shower down, Not a single strand of hair loss. Really has changed my salt n pepper hair to the most beautiful shade, Family and Friends comment ask what are you using? Of course, Explain Wen. Several have joined new freedom of Wen. Saves money time and most of all hair. Never understood the hate? Chaz Dean, One of the few people sincerely spiritual. More over, His company promotes wellness. Made in USA. Plan continuing supporting Chaz, Not only purchasing Wen, Verbally too. For the haters, Power of attraction You attract what you give.

Actually @Sweet_Serenity you hated too and you even called WEN users some unkind names even after all the help many gave you so not sure why you are acting like all has been wonderful using WEN. You said, a week after you proclaimed your love of WEN, that WEN stopped working for you and made your hair terrible, asked for other brand recommendations and then posted in several anti-WEN threads posting not-so-nice comments about WEN users and WEN itself. I have no problem with people changing their mind about a product but the personal attacks on WEN users is something you seem to forget about doing?

Esteemed Contributor

I do not see a reason to bring it up now, @HappyDaze. @Sweet_Serenity did appologize, after her problems with WEN ended, and she is one of us, in the WEN community. She participates and defends this community and WEN company NOW.  We all say things sometimes at one point or another, so what? 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I do not see a reason to bring it up now, @HappyDaze. @Sweet_Serenity did appologize, after her problems with WEN ended, and she is one of us, in the WEN community. She participates and defends this community and WEN company NOW.  We all say things sometimes at one point or another, so what? 

Last time I checked you are not board monitor, @sonechko. If she calls out people saying not so nice things about WEN and WEN users that she herself has done, perhaps she shouldn't attack them for it.  I am not going to be told by you what I can and can't say on the forums. That is the board monitors job, not yours.

I think the defense of WEN is getting a little out of control and a bit nutty. You can share your experiences with people but some of these "I am going to defend WEN at all cost" posts really do the  WEN's image a disservice, imo.

And that is the last I will discuss this with you. I know you like to get the last word in on any "discussion" so go for it!

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Gram W wrote:

Very interesting.  I wonder what ingredient they have that no other has.  I have been using them 7+ years and my hair is beautiful.  I have many reasons to have a reaction to a lot of products on the market.  I take many meds for lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism and allergies-many chemicals plus the usual that people react to.  When I have an extreme reaction I try to isolate the cause and eliminate it in my use.  I do not go sueing people.  On occasion I have had to see a doctor to help find the cause.  I get so sick of lawyers that advertise looking for people who want to beat the system for personal gain.   People who are frustrated by unsolved issues can be enticed by the idea of " let us investigate and you don't owe us anything if we do not win".  I handled my frustrations with the other brand products myself but if my child was living the same problem I would be grasping for answers too.  This is going to open the doors for more government controls.  I will be watching.  I hope they don't take WEN away from those of us who love it.

@Gram W

probably the darn MENTHOL ...I have used it for all the yrs Chaz has been here at the Q. Thank God I did not have any problems ,but I cannot stand one more wash of  menthol smelling conditioner EVER!!!!

I always  ignored the seasonal (Lavender is what I used mostly) but this past 2 months I just couldn't take that very strong menthol anymore.I never  ever smelled any lavender...so I tried a seasonal for the first time last month and I loved it Smiley Happy  no menthol smell at all......so it will be seasonals for me from now on.

I have a gal of Lavender and a gallon of Cucumber waiting in the wings.I just may give them as Christmas gifts.....lol

Have you tried the Kids? It doesn't have menthol. Most of the seasonals I don't notice the menthol smell, except for FGP. @MalteseMomma

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

FB_IMG_1442871923791.jpg