WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN - September Chat 2015

@LoraR also read through the orange thread for the Cleansing Conditioners in particular. The orange threads all relate to how people feel about the various TSV scents for each of the products in the TSV. 

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

Wen FAQ -- Wen 101 -- New Wen products -- Wen News -- September Chat 2015 -- Wen Quick Links ---- QVC's Wen TSV shows on Sept 5th -- Wen Sept 5th TSV - 32oz CC, 4oz Oil, 12oz RTM, & 6oz SC - scents: Classic line -9/5 what would you buy if you had no stash -- Cleansing Conditioners -- Treatment Oils -- Benefits of Oils -- Most Favorite Wen Oil -- Styling Creme - Replenishing Treatment Mist 613, BGT & MIF gallons available Sept 19th ---- Wen OTOs still available at great prices -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary ---Chat with TEAM WEN on September 5th!! (last update: September 4th) 

___

Valued Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
Hello Wonderful Wenners! I'm really enjoying your chat tonight & the show - so excited for this visit from Chaz! Anyway, I have a question & hope you don't mind my asking the group. I have a bottle of 613 that's been open & used sparingly for two years. Is it still good or should I replace it since we're enjoying the gift of easy pay? I only use it after coloring or mix a little in with my other formulas when my hair feels stressed. Can you help a sister out? Thanks so much!

hi! welcome!

it's probably fine. i have 613 in my shower right now and i have no idea when i opened it. sometime in the last year...but i use it so sparingly and sporadically that a bottle lasts me forever. if it still smells the way you are used to it smelling, i would keep using it. chaz has said that while they say the shelf life is two years after opening he has some stuff that he's had for three years that's okay, if that helps.

Honored Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
Hello WonderfulWenners! I'm really enjoying your chat tonight & the show - so excited for this visit fromChaz! Anyway, I have a question & hope you don't mind my asking the group. I have a bottle of 613 that's been open & used sparingly for two years. Is it still good or should I replace it since we're enjoying the gift of easy pay? I only use it after coloring or mix a little in with my other formulas when my hair feels stressed. Can you help a sister out? Thanks so much!

~~~

@Chefgal411

Unless you notice the scent being WAY different, or the color changing, 613 is yellowish to begin with; I'd say it's OK to use.  I'd not hesitate at all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

the empress has spoken!!

Trusted Contributor

@Chefgal411 if you store your 613 in a dry place away from moisture, it should be fine. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
Hello Wonderful Wenners! I'm really enjoying your chat tonight & the show - so excited for this visit from Chaz! Anyway, I have a question & hope you don't mind my asking the group. I have a bottle of 613 that's been open & used sparingly for two years. Is it still good or should I replace it since we're enjoying the gift of easy pay? I only use it after coloring or mix a little in with my other formulas when my hair feels stressed. Can you help a sister out? Thanks so much!

@Chefgal411 welcome to the Wen forum Chat and the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy

@Drythe cover your ears... I have several partly used bottles of 613 CC around my apartment and I'm sure that at least one of them is a few years old... and they all still seem to work their magic when I need my hair repaired in short order.... so I think your 613 CC is proably just fine.Smiley Happy 

I had a four and a half year old SAM CC that just turned and spmells a bit funky. Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

@bebe777 @jennys kid

Thanks for all the info.  Decided to go ahead and get the Ginger Pumpkin on AD and I ordered the Pom on AD.  Will leave the other AD in place until I try these.  I might then skip the end of September shipment and get the January one or cancel altogether.  I like the 6/13 in the other AD but I have to admit I am addicted to QVC and have way too many things coming and/or just received.Smiley Wink

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@LoraR I'm glad your ordered the POM TSV. I think it's really good investment. 

I always order the TSV A/D option and based on what I need I frequently skip shipments. But with the A/Ds in place I know that there is always a great value around the corner if I need it. Smiley Happy Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Doxinmom wrote:

@bebe777 @jennys kid

Thanks for all the info.  Decided to go ahead and get the Ginger Pumpkin on AD and I ordered the Pom on AD.  Will leave the other AD in place until I try these.  I might then skip the end of September shipment and get the January one or cancel altogether.  I like the 6/13 in the other AD but I have to admit I am addicted to QVC and have way too many things coming and/or just received.Smiley Wink

Spoiler

I totally understand that.  I took advantage of some clearance items today myself.  Just a few mind you.

P.S. Doxie, I'm driving a rescue tomorrow (EARLY) that has two doxie puppies in it.  Never SEEN a Doxie pup.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Chefgal411 wrote:

@Chefgal411 welcome to the Wen forum Chat and the wenderful world of Wen!!! Smiley Happy

@Drythe cover your ears... I have several partly used bottles of 613 CC around my apartment and I'm sure that at least one of them is a few years old... and they all still seem to work their magic when I need my hair repaired in short order.... so I think your 613 CC is proably just fine.Smiley Happy 

I had a four and a half year old SAM CC that just turned and spmells a bit funky. Smiley Wink

in may i got my last shipments of last fall's tsv with the remoist. i had changed one of the plans to tea tree but i didn't crack open the cc for a few months after i got it because i was finishing a tt gallon. when i opened the 32 oz. bottle to put the pump in, i noticed the smell was off. it smelled like straight menthol, no tt smell AT ALL. it was so thick when it came out of the pump that it almost came out in a solid little rod. i called the number on the back of the bottle and the woman i talked to was like, as long as it's not rancid, it's fine to use. well, i didn't know if it was rancid...it didn't smell like when something fatty turns, but it didn't smell like tea tree (or smell good) and i had to work hard to get it incorporated into my hair. well, i used it anyway. it was totally fine, performed just like tea tree should. i was pretty skeptical but i was glad i tried it instead of throwing it out. if it was anything else, i probably would have gone to the trouble of trying to get them to send me another one but i get so anxious when i have no tea tree in the house so i went with it instead of waiting, because i am nuts. but it worked!