WEN

Regular Contributor

WEN Routine - After A Hair Color Treatment

[ Edited ]

Hello Wenners!

I know there was previously a thread about this but I believe it's lost somewhere in the bowels of the rest of this new forum.  I can't be arsed to go find it. Smiley Wink  

I started seeing a new stylist yesterday (long overdue!) and she did a great job, giving me beautiful red on the underneath portion of my hair.  She uses organic color, which I found impressive.   I also think she might be a good candidate for bringing WEN into her salon.  This was not an option with my former stylist.  I didn't mind so much as I don't think the occasional "poo" hurt my WEN results before.  

I never did anything special after previous colorings but now that I have this great new stylist I am even more inclined to preserve the work.  I'd appreciate it if any of you could share your routine when you get your hair colored.  I think it would be a benenificial topic for everyone again!  Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Re: WEN Routine - After A Hair Color Treatment

I usually get a remoist after color at the salon. The only times (probably two times in last 5 years) I've skipped a remoist is because of timing. And I do a remoist at home 3-4 times per month.
live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

I'm not as fortunate as Bruingirl........my hair color is done in my small town, not Chaz's salon😃 However, if he opens a NYC salon, then I might indulge in a once a year treat........keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

I have my hair colored three or four times a year (single process color two shades darker than my natural color). My stylist knows that I use Wen and is totally cool with me bringing it in for her to use, but I always forget about it. I either leave it at home or forget and leave it in my purse.

I try to do an oil treatment the night before a cut/color, so my scalp is well nourished. After I get home, I usually wet my hair and do a Remoist treatment (overnight if I can). If I can't do that, I'll use coconut oil overnight on the length of my hair, then cleanse as normal the next day. My hair generally feels pretty "normal" within a day or two.
Honored Contributor

I do an oil treatment the night before and a remoist that night after I get color.

I find the oil treatment keeps my scalp from burning when the color is on.  I think my scalp was really dry and cracked and the color was aggravating the skin there.

Since I've started using oils in general and making sure to do an oil treatment the night before, I never have an issue with the color irritating my skin.

I would love to bring WEN to the salon and they told me I can bring WEN to Red Door, they said they allow it, but no matter how much time I leave between my appointments it is always a zoo in there and always backed up at every station and I never have the same shampoo tech twice, so I just opt for their volumizing stuff and move along.

They are supposedly expanding the hair area, so if things get more regulated I will try bringing my WEN.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I have my stylist put a dropper full of oil in my dye, CHAZ says it helps with the harshness so I've been doing it for years now. I go every four -five weeks. After I come home I do an overnight oil treatment. The next day I cleanse and almost always do an overnight Remoist, if not I do at,least a few hours.
. My stylist does walk ins so,I try to go when I'm free for a few nights.
Honored Contributor

I have comb-through highlights 2 or 3 times a year.  The night before I do an oil treatment with 613.  (SURPRISE!!!)

Comb-through highlights are done on dry hair.  Then we use the 613 CC to wash and as a leave-in, followed by trim.  

I wondering, does everyone get washed after color, or does your stylist just rinse? 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get washed, or more like scrubbed.  I feel like Karen Silkwood the way they scrub you down at Red Door.

Two rounds of shampoo, 2 rounds of conditioner (one they leave in with a hot towel if there's time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

For those of you who mentioned you do an oil treatment the night before, do you cleanse the morning of your color appointment or just go with the oil still in your hair?
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I bring my WEN with me to the salon. My stylists gets a kick out of it. But, I wish I felt more comfortable bringing the SC and Mousse (and brining my own brush, he uses the metal brushes and no nozzle, oh the horrors, lol). He tries with the CC, but he only washes once and doesn't add a pump of CC as a leave in. So once I get home i do a re moist treatment.

I thinking of having him not blow dry my hair on the next appointment. I cringe with his tools.

For the ladies who do a scalp oil treatment before the coloring, do you wash the oil out before coloring or not? I'm always unsure if it's better to color dirty hair or clean hair. Thanks for your input!
**Suz**
Valued Contributor

I do my color at home using Satin brand products.

I don't do anything special the night before. After I color, I two two cleanses as usual. The second is always 613. My hair was so soft the last time, I was truly impressed. I love 613 for after color conditioning!

I am finally in a place where I am happy with my hair color routine. I use the cover gray developer from satin and color 8N.....great gray coverage, no green tinge from using an ash shade, no brassiness. Wen is the frosting on the cake.