WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN - Remoist Uses

[ Edited ]

I was recently on social media, reading the various ways to use WEN's remoist product. Off and on, we have discussed our own uses with this great product.

But someone posted on Facebook about her experience using the remoist as a leave-in, like Chaz does. It was a game changer for her. So I decided to try it this morning.

I washed my hair like usual, but instead of using the cleansing conditioner as a leave-in, I reached for the remoist. I decided to imitate the Facebook gal and instead of just using a little, I used as much as I would use if I was doing a treatment. I didn't use styling cream after that, but I did add the mousse and the texturizing spray.

Because of the amount of remoist I used, I was unable to let it air-dry, I needed to leave the house soon thereafter. So I used a blow dryer instead of letting it slowly dry. It was very wet with all that remoist on!

WOW! Double WOW! My very fine hair went to super thick hair, and extremely soft; amazingly soft! I agree with that gal, it is a game changer for me. I don't plan to use styling cream anymore nor cleansing conditioner for leave-in, just the remoist. This is so, so amazing to me. I look like I have a village full of hair!

Next time I will see what happens if I leave out the mousse and texturing spray.

By the way.....she also added a little oil to her remoist. I will try that too. 

Respected Contributor

Hi World Traveler!  YES!  I also found re-moist is KEY.  I use it over night.  I used to use it for the 45 minutes or a few hours but I found that over night only once per week because I don't color treat or use really hot tools, only blow dryer on warm.  WOW!  My hair has this bendable, pliable elasticity that went WAY beyond what I ever dreamed. 

I used to use the re-moist as a leave in, it's great!  I also found that doing this made my hair POP too!  After final rinse I apply the leave in CC then the mousse and my hair is a short bob now, I use ten pumps and then the styling creme, one pump. 

This regimen, for me, bumped my hair WAY, WAY up!  It feels SO full and incredible luster and shine but at the same time SO soft with movement. 

My hair is coming back in from the shedding that happened because of my surgery.  This is why I cut it.  All the hair coming back made it look "shaggy" so I wanted to even it out.  It's coming in NICE too.  So full of hydration.  You know how Chaz will pick up a model's hair and let it just fall back down little by little?  Their hair just is like a slinky, just goes right into place.  This is how mine is.  Just cannot believe it.  So, YES re-moist is KEY and now I do it over night once a week.  AMAZING!  As a leave in it's great too because as it's staying in there, it's treating besides making the hair look and feel amazing!  It's a win/win!!!!

Honored Contributor

@77yangya I had been using remoist as a treatment also, twice a week, per Chaz's instructions to me. And I have used it as a face mask. But using it as a way to protect, style, and blow out before going to work was new for me.

I don't have problems with fizziness; however, I did note some of the comments on this gals post referred to that and how the remoist helps.

When I have used it only as a treatment, I would leave it on overnight then wash out; then go with the regular leave-in, styling cream, mousse, and texturizing spray. Definitely have cut out the styling cream and am eager to see if I can gut out the mousse and texturizing spray, and just stock up on remoist.

Honored Contributor

I want to add that I used Winter White Citrus. The seasonals are more treatment-based products than the classic remoist. 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  Oh gosh I will try this!...I only have a Fig remoist as I really don't use it much, (I should)  maybe I will be ordering more...Smiley Happy  thx

(My hair is only to my chin, & baby fine..Do you try and keep remoist only on the ends?)

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi My hair is short, so it is hard to put remoist just on my ends. I put it all over. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I've used it as leave in and it does make my hair feel thicker. I don't use it often enough though, even though I've got containers in both the upstairs and basement showers Smiley Very Happy

I've also used it as hand cream and that worked well too.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@quadmimi My hair is short, so it is hard to put remoist just on my ends. I put it all over. Smiley Happy

@Thx @World Traveler ...my hair is so fine it's also hard not to get it everywhere..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I want to add that I used Winter White Citrus. The seasonals are more treatment-based products than the classic remoist. 

I found this to be true too!  I used the new Winter White Forest and I was so wowed.  Chaz was demonstrating on the show how he takes a small blob and rubs it in hands and applies it to dry hair to mold and shape next day hair, then break it all up.  It gives hold but keeps the hair soft and at the same time treating.

I'm glad you found a regimen that really works for you!  I love the re-moist but I have to have my leave in and styling creme.  However, I'm gonna try your regimen and post my results.  I gotta try that!

Honored Contributor

Today I washed my hair and used the remoist all over again, more than just as a leave-in, but did not use mousse or texturizing spray. I did, however, add glossing serum and treatment oil. Did not like how it came out. Having the serum and oil made it not as full for my fine hair, more flat.

Next time I will just use the remoist and nothing else. See how that comes out.