WEN

Contributor

WEN Mousse - all created equal?

I really should know this already from all that I've read on this forum....but ...

Are all WEN mousses created equal - that anyone can use any version/scent?

I don't mean looking at the ingredient list since we know different scents have different ingredients.  I mean, can I use pretty much any mousse and get the same results?

My hair hates the core CCs and that's why I passed on the recent ODO set of four styling products in the core scents.  Now I'm thinking maybe the styling products aren't hair type specific the way the CC is.

What do you think?  Would I be able to use the core styling products or will they weigh my hair down like the core CCs?

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Mousse - all created equal?

The 316/319 versions of the mousse and styling cream have a special glossing complex added to them. I did find that the 316 mousse was glossier than the core scents for my hair.

The core mousse scents are all meant for any hair type - originally the mousse only came in Pom and Sweet Almond Mint.  (Pom is always wheat/gluten-free in any product.)

I got the Mandarin Italian Fig mousse in a kit, but I wasn't a fan. The WEN mousse just doesn't work well for my hair. It did provide gloss, but didn't provide much hold and did nothing to prevent my frizz or get me through a humid day. Maybe I'll try using it with my curly-specific products to see if it works as a combo item, but I'm just not big on any of the WEN styling products.

Respected Contributor

613, 319 and then the core scents. That's the order on what I find works best for my hair. (Lots of fine to medium wavy long hair.) This order also applies to both the SC's and mousse.
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

The 316/319 versions of the mousse and styling cream have a special glossing complex added to them. I did find that the 316 mousse was glossier than the core scents for my hair.

The core mousse scents are all meant for any hair type - originally the mousse only came in Pom and Sweet Almond Mint.  (Pom is always wheat/gluten-free in any product.)

<snip>  

Ditto.  Always mix a bit of 613 SC into whatever SC I use.  I have shoulder legnth fine, thick hair.  Great for me!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

The seasonal mousse all work the same for me. I got excellent results with the 613 (hated the scent in my hair, although I like the scent of the 613 CC)  The Bamboo Green Tea did nothing for my hair although I LOVE the scent. Go figure

Trusted Contributor

I believe anyone can use any mousse but I do find that some perform better for me. 613, 319, BGT and FTP are the ones I love the most.

#IAmTeamWen
Trusted Contributor

I've never used the core moussies moos, but I LOVE the rice based and all seasonals that I have used. My experience with a medium amount of fine, curly hair is that the BGT or MIF add a bit more volume and fullness, while the seasonals I have tried give me amazing, shiny curls. The best for curls for me is WWC, but honestly I've had great results with all of them so far. I mix the BGT with other things because the scent is really subtle. I love them.