WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - September 2020

@World Traveler 

I hope someone finds out a hint soon..Smiley Happy

My FPP is suppose to come tomorrow! Woman Very Happy I can't wait!...

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi Oh, so glad you are getting your plum pear. I like the consistency of the formula. I don't know why that matters to me, but it does. As much as I love the 613 CC, it is quite concentrated and needs more water in order for me to get it the way I like.

Respected Contributor

I have not heard anything on Chaz's fan page about a TSV.  Wish I did.  Anyway, I just got my Plum Plear 32 with the matching Body Treatment.  WOW!  The Body Treatment smells EXACTLY like the cleansing conditioner.  I mean exactly.  MMMMMMM.  It's lovely.  The only thing I don't want in this is the oil.  Since I started with the Botanical, I feel the oil is not needed.  This Plum Pear scent is amazing.  When I applied some NBT to my hand just to try it, I could smell lemon and some other notes but after a few minutes it became just like I remembered.  I have the mousse on it's way from Chaz.  I'll get that Friday.  Today is Tuesday.

Respected Contributor

Hello ladies....I just received the Tuscan Pear duo....WOW is all I can say I LOVE IT!  My hair is so nice today even though it is super humid out.  

Thank you for posting about a upcoming TSV....can't wait to find out what it is.  

Have a question for you ladies....on the fall collection...are the formulas basically the same or very similar and just the fragrance choices different??  

And how would you describe the Ginger Pumpkin fragrance??  I am thinking of putting this on AD like I did the Tuscan Pear.  

Respected Contributor

@tsavoriteI have not tried all of the Fall formulas, just FGP, FVWP and FTP,  and I found  two of those to be more moisturizing than average, the Ginger Pumpkin and Tuscan Pear.  The White Pumpkin I remember as about average.  I have become allergic to the honey compound Chaz puts in most of his seasonals, so I don't use anything but FGP any more, and to me it smells just like pumpkin pie spices, warm and sweet and slightly spicy, but not "hot" like jalapeno peppers would be, just warm like a small amount of ginger produces.  The White Pumpkin smells like church incense to me, very heavy sandalwood, so the fact that I can't use it any more doesn't hurt my feelings, LOL!  I did love the Tuscan Pear, and I miss it, but at least I still have Ginger Pumkpin for a while.  I wish I could try the new Fall and Winter formulas, but it's just as well I can't (I didn't get sample packets with my gallons in June or the Fall seasonal duo I got today, either!) because if I fell in love with them I couldn't use them anyway.

BTW, I love your nickname, it's my favorite gemstone, a garnet as my birthstone and green as my favorite color.  is it your favorite gemstone as well?

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite 

I recall as a newer Wenner, hearing about the FGP and thinking nah, a pumpkin pie spiced scent wasn't for me. There was such an enthusiastic fervor on the board that I succumbed and purchased some CC. Boy, was I wrong! It's a wonderful fragrance, warm, delectable, inviting and just the right amount of spice that'll remind you of the best pumpkin pie you've ever eaten. Very down to earth, familiar and home-y. Was very pleased to see how beautifully it worked well as a cleansing hair product (in this scent) as well as its ancillary supporting items. Its become a favorite, great moisturizing results and I hope it'll remain in the fall line of choices. An absolute favorite! My #1 fall recommendation.  

The White Pumpkin is completely different. No spice or pumpkin aroma for me at all. Like @CamilleP stated, its more sandalwood to my nose too. Fragrance wise, its ok, not a personal fav. It's a bit of a thinner consistency than FGP, but I do love my results. For some reason it leaves my rather straight hair in very nice waves. I like that. HTH. 

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP  ....thank you for the insights on the fragrances.  I am thinking I will be ordering the FGP now for sure!  I haven't had any negative reactions so far other then in the past with the older formulas from many yrs ago.  I can't use Tea Tree for example and I don't like the smell at all.  But the new (they are new to me) ones seems to work well.  That's a bummer you can't use all of them.  I have some of those sample packets....I would love to send them to you...wish there was a way.  In fact I got another set in my FTP order yesterday.  

And yes I just LOVE tsavorite garnet!  A truly good quality one which I can't afford is mesmerizing to me.  It glows like kryptonite (Superman) from another planet!  But I do love diamonds just as much.  Jewelry my other addiction.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS  Thank you for explaining the scent....I love pumpkin spice candles...you ladies have convinced me to try this one now also.  

I just wonder if I should wait until the TSV?  You would think the fall scents might be included since it's Oct.  Wish we knew what this TSV is gonna be.  

I have curly fizzy hair....and need moisture BUT it's thinner hair....and I need bounce...the FTP really gave me nice bounce and zero frizz.  

I think I like this formula better then the seasonal fruit trio I have been using.  

Respected Contributor

Oh boy....there is body butter in the FTP?  I think I NEED that...LOLWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Oh boy....there is body butter in the FTP?  I think I NEED that...LOLWoman LOL

@tsavorite 

I meant to share that I ordered the FGP body cream & ReMoist duo. The dry down of the CC on my arm left an inviting soft aroma of the spices. It was quite nice. I had hoped the Wen Men edp would have been a good scent on me. It's similar in that its a heavenly combo of soft spice and faint Tahitian vanilla (one you might consider) but my chemistry picked up too, too much clove and that wasn't suitable for me. 

I'm really looking forward to trying the actual NBT when it arrives.