WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - November 2020

@SurferWife - Thanks for starting us off. My first few times using Wen - disaster! Wrong formulas, awful results lead to me discontinuing usage. Then, I watched Chaz doing his December TSV and ordered the 5-pk of Seasonals. That was the turning point for me. Here I am 6 years later still loving Wen and of course now I have shelves full of CC and all the other products.

Respected Contributor

Hi, SurferWife, great that you started the new month!  I'm an 11 year Wen girl and I started with Sweet Almond Mint.  I was thrilled when Chaz started with 613 and the seasonals.  I've never looked back either!    Yes, fabulous hair with little effort!

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
Happy wenniversary @ Surferwife!! My first introduction to Wen was the TT oil. I don’t remember what CC but I still remember after my first use “I will never use shampoo again”. I remember when Chaz first came having the smaller bottle (I think 6 oz) sets. Hunting For and watching his earlier shows got me through a very bad time in my life. I still remember his first show, when he walked out I swear I saw an aura around him. I called my daughter out and said “look at this guy , she was only about 10 or 11 at the time and sat on the couch like she was hypnotized listening to him.

Hi, ANewHue!  I'm gonna be honest here...the first time I saw Chaz was on an informercial with Melissa Gilbert.  He was sitting, kind of slouched in a chair with one leg slung over the arm rest, she in the other chair asking, so what's NOT in Wen that will make our hair hydrated, etc.  My hair, from shampoo and cheap colorants was like a piece of sod and the edge of an old broom so I thought, okay, what's this rag tag guy got to sell...ug....Chaz was kind of quiet and subdued but he got my interest because he was talking sense.  I always wanted to be a hair dresser but I was always side tracked.  Anyway, I immediately bought Sweet Almond Mint and the first time I tried it, I flubbed a bit but I KNEW I was on the right track.  Sometime later I saw Chaz on QVC and I was not even aware of QVC!!!  I thought WOW, he was offering more classics, got those and moved on to seasonals, the rest is history.  I absolutely love Chaz so much.  I grew to really love and respect him because he uses his own products and believes in them.  SurferWife, I should have posted this on your reply, it's just that this post brought memories to life that ANewHue reminded me of.  XOXO  Great start to the new month too!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Fig....my hair and scalp were a greasy mess LOL!  Then I tried SAM....same thing!!  THen I tried TT and my scalp burned.  I gave up for many yrs as these trails were done when Lisa R. was using TT and selling WEN when it 1st aired on Q.

I hadn't watched any WEN shows for yrs...lot's of yrs.  I figured it just wasn't for me.  Then I saw a TSV...the 3 seasonals about where you get a choice for fruit scents with new formulas (they were all new to me) and I listened to a poster here that encouraged me to try these.  So I did....I got the melon mint/peach/tropical fruit combo I believe it is.  And I liked these alot and they were so different then what the others had been.

I believe that's only been about 1 1/2yrs...I now love a few more of the CC's like the POM...TP & my new LOVE WVM!!  

I think I have found the right formulas for me....and of course the tips on how to properly use it made ALL the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya one afternoon I was watching Dan Hughes on the Q and I spied a 32 oz POM (I think) in a niche in the background and I jumped for joy they were supersizing Wen. Little did I know that the first TSV was around the corner and it included that 32 oz cleanser. It was nerve racking back in those days because we wouldn’t know what “one day only’s” would be. How many nights I prayed for bad weather so we wouldn’t have date night so I could stay home and not miss a thing. It was like we were on the “hunt” and once your order was placed you were relieved. Things have changed so much since then with FB and social media.
Respected Contributor

I love all the Wen "beginning" stories!...Keep them coming..Smiley Happy

Who would of thought we would have all these wonderful products..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi 

Me, too!  Isn't is fun to read how different our stories are & what brought us to WEN?  We should have a monthly "theme".  Maybe next month "what of your current stash are you willing to gift?".  That would be funny!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I was on Chaz's fan page and he said, it's coming at the end of the month.  He was doing a shoot.  It's so fun to watch that.  Anyway, it looks like a set of the blessing series and I have not tried Truth yet, although it's out but if I can get a set, why not!

World Traveler, can you elaborate on this?

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - OK, I'm going to selfish here and say NONE!!! The ones I now have in my stash are my absolute favorites. However, I did "gift" a SOB last year to my daughter - only cause I was bored with it, lol.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi 

Me, too!  Isn't is fun to read how different our stories are & what brought us to WEN?  We should have a monthly "theme".  Maybe next month "what of your current stash are you willing to gift?".  That would be funny!

@SurferWife 

Oh what a great idea!..It would be funny..Smiley Happy