WEN

Esteemed Contributor

WEN Monthly Chat - April 2020

Good Morning Wenners. Hope this finds you healthy and safe. I have been indoors more than usual so I am quilting up a storm, lol. Our beaches are now closed so can't take a walk there for the time being. 

I keep telling myself, we are strong and this too shall pass. Saying a prayer every morning that my daughter and granddaughters will be kept safe and healthy. She lives in Westchester County and last I checked they had over 9,000 cases. Also, she still has to go into her office 1 or 2 times per week - they are on a staggered schedule so no one else is there at that time. However, being a single mom, she has to take her kids - no help from the ex. And, I'm 700 miles away so not much help.

On the bright side, my hair is getting more treatments than ever, lol. I might even run out of Remoist by the time the world goes back to "normal". 

Wishing you stay safe and healthy and Wen on...Riley1

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - April 2020

[ Edited ]

Thank you @riley1  I hope your family stays safe also..A very different life right now for everyone that is for sure. Things will improve & I keep my media coverage to a bare minimum..My husband can still go to work for now, (small office) but they may work from home at some point. We are still allowed to go to some hiking area's for now, but mostly walk around the neighborhood..

Enjoy your Wen, & everyone be safe & check in so we can be a support for each other as needed...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@riley1 Thanks for starting us off! Got the email that my WEN mask and facial cleanser is on the way from Chaz's website. WHOOPEE!!! Excited to try the mask. 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@riley1 Thanks for starting us off! Got the email that my WEN mask and facial cleanser is on the way from Chaz's website. WHOOPEE!!! Excited to try the mask. 

@World Traveler Wow you are lucky..my forever Wen item I ordered here on the Q is on 8 days in process!  I have called, talked to every CS, they sent an email "upstairs" whatever that means..now today they say its coming from Ontario warehouse but it's Wen's fault as they are doing some "inventory" & that's the hold up?...hmmm 

maybe someday I will get it...(not out of stock on the Q) who knows...

Honored Contributor

Good morning WENners!  Today, I think of my mama.  It was 2 years ago today that she went home to be with our Lord.  I miss her & love her so much & know that I will see her again someday when it's my time to go to be with our Lord. (I'm not looking for comments or sympathy...or anything...my thoughts just went to my keyboard).

Now on to the intent of my post.  Just prior to this post I gave myself a squirt of my 319 UNIBT (little travel tube, hence the "squirt").  I realized as I was massaging into my hands that have been washed more in the last 2 weeks than all of 2019 is that, no matter what other hand treatment products I try, I keep coming back to my WEN UNIBT.  They feel so intensely hydrated, not just temporarily soft.  I won't name all the other brands because I don't want to product bash, but I can say I have bought every one of them from QVC.  They're good, but WEN is in a higher echelon all by itself.  I'm so glad I'm stocked up on my UNIBT!

Aloha my WENners!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I'm also loving my new Bella Spirit UNIBT and 613 UNIBT! Hope i have enough to get through this!

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone thanks for starting us off @riley1. I didn’t know you were a quilter, I envy your talent . I hope everyone is safe this is beyond scary here. Both me & my DH fit in The high risk group.I’ve been in the house for over six weeks now only venturing out three times to stock up on food. I have everything I need and will not have to go out now for hopefully the rest of the month or more.
Thankfully I have 2 refrigerators and a large freezer. Memories of my grandmother reminded me I come from strong stock. When times get tough the tough get going I’m used to being home but my DH is having a hard time not being able to run to the store any minute or go for his run.
I’ve been cooking/baking more in the past few weeks than I did all of 2019. lol
Who knows I may not be going out until July or August if this keeps up.
Stay home & stay safe everyone
Respected Contributor

Hi, Riley1     Thank you for starting the month.  It must be extremely tough for you not being able to be there...I'm sorry.

I know, this "problem" has turned my life upside down too.  My husband works from home.  The place he works for has to turn down business because he's an IT person for a paper company.  How ironic.  LOL!

Our little bistro, which is our "home away from home" called yesterday to say they'll start doing take out.  We haven't been there for a few weeks.  I miss it sorely.  Alot of the people that go there, especially this one couple are so nice.  When the crew sings happy birthday to you, the whole place chimes in.  Anyway, I cry, my husband gets mad because I'm sad so I have to buck up.  Oh well.  I'm grateful for what we do have.  Freedom comes with a seriously high price, I guess.

I'll ask The Good Lord to watch over your granddaughters, Riley1.  XXXOOO  love to you and to all...

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Good morning WENners!  Today, I think of my mama.  It was 2 years ago today that she went home to be with our Lord.  I miss her & love her so much & know that I will see her again someday when it's my time to go to be with our Lord. (I'm not looking for comments or sympathy...or anything...my thoughts just went to my keyboard).

Now on to the intent of my post.  Just prior to this post I gave myself a squirt of my 319 UNIBT (little travel tube, hence the "squirt").  I realized as I was massaging into my hands that have been washed more in the last 2 weeks than all of 2019 is that, no matter what other hand treatment products I try, I keep coming back to my WEN UNIBT.  They feel so intensely hydrated, not just temporarily soft.  I won't name all the other brands because I don't want to product bash, but I can say I have bought every one of them from QVC.  They're good, but WEN is in a higher echelon all by itself.  I'm so glad I'm stocked up on my UNIBT!

Aloha my WENners!

Hi, SurferWife....I did not know you lost your mother two years ago.  That's still pretty much a fresh wound.  I lost mine in 1990 and I STILL cry over it alot so I know you're not looking for sympathy but you deserve some.  I found that I just learned to live with it.  The hurt is still there though.  God bless, hon. XXOO

Yes, I tried some other things too that are high end but nothing beats those NBTs!  XO  My thoughts are with you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya @SurferWife - I lost both of my parents quite some time ago - Neither got to see my daughters graduate from college or walk down the aisle. My dad's birthday was 3/29 and my mom's was 3/31. So, I can relate.

I too have tried many hand creams - now I only use Wen 319.

I'm so glad we have each other here on the Wen forum to "see" each other.