WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN Men's CC - My first experience with it

After hearing so many ladies talk about how much they love the Men's CC, I finally ordered it and it came yesterday. 

My experience with the Men's products so far has only been the texture cream/paste, which I totally love, love, love! @Drythe Has it come yet? 

Knowing that the cream for me had no scent, even though I stuck my nose right down into it, I wasn't expecting much, if any, scent from the CC! Guess it is true....the older you get, the less acute your senses are. ha!

But when I used the CC last night, I definitely smelled a very wonderful scent. I'm probably the last person to describe a scent because when I opened my Pink Jasmine Peony, I thought I smelled roses! But the Men's CC for me has a very mild woodsy scent. It was quite pleasant. Not overpowering. Frankly, I have no idea what amber is supposed to smell like, so if you all say you can smell the amber in it, then I now know what that is like. Smiley Happy

The important thing is the performance. Definitely this product is nice and creamy, frothy on my hair. I loved how my hair felt after using it. There are some products that don't perform well on my hair, namely the rice products dry out my hair; same with the Cucumber Aloe, so I stay away from those.

If you are on the fence on getting this product, I would urge you to try it. It also looks beautiful in the shower....all that black! Really stands out. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Men's CC - My first experience with it

I love amber, cardamom, and ginger and think I would love the WEN Men scent, but it's a rice-based formula and none of those have worked for me. As you say, performance is what matters, so it's a no-go for me. But he does have the stand-alone oil now and I'll definitely give that a try! I'm just waiting to use up most of the oils I have before I buy any new ones. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I love amber, cardamom, and ginger and think I would love the WEN Men scent, but it's a rice-based formula and none of those have worked for me. As you say, performance is what matters, so it's a no-go for me. But he does have the stand-alone oil now and I'll definitely give that a try! I'm just waiting to use up most of the oils I have before I buy any new ones. Smiley Happy

@ChynnaBlue Oh! I didn't know it had rice in it. The other two rice CC's are drying and I can't use them; but not this one. It worked really well. Hmmmm....how strange. 

Respected Contributor

Wow!  I'm so glad you like it!  From the first whiff I loved it and it's been my favorite.  I knew it was rice based too.  The first show the Chaz rolled it out I knew I'd love it and I think it's even better than I imagined.  I love how it's delicate.  It doesn't assail your nostrils with any harshness.  It sort of encircles you like you were standing in the pine woods and smelling pine but very softly and then there's some orange but just barely there and then this sort of vanilla but not real sweet.  It reminds me of a "fresh haircut".  I keep it on auto delivery.  I love the oil too.  The oil, when you first put it on is a bit more pine at first but then calms down the the Wen Men scent.  I believe the oil has some tea tree in it if I'm not mistaken.  World Traveler, I smelled roses big time from the Peony one also.  I'm hoping Chaz makes a styling creme in that one.  This is OT but in the Lilac EDP reviews someone posted that they were using the replen. mist on their mother, that she was not well and then when the Lilac EDP came out she quickly got it but not in time, her mother had gone.  That post really touched me.  Anyway,  WEN MEN...YAY!!!!!  WEE HEE!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yes!  YOU ARE RIGHT!  That's the one note I forgot to mention, ginger.  It's done very nicely in that it's not overpowering at all.  Wen Men has many notes and the ginger really makes it nice.  For me it has a calming effect.  ChynnaBlue, that's the note I forgot, ginger.  I'm hoping Chaz will make a replen. mist in it so I can spritz it all over me.  I use the oil but the scent is quiet and does not stay on me.  I even mixed it with the 319 BTL and it still won't stay on me.  I have so many different replen. mists and they all stay with me all day and sometimes into the next day so if I can get a Wen Men like that, WOW!  I guess the way alot of people love the Lilac that's how I really love the Wen Men.  One poster, a while back said maybe Chaz if he makes a spray or EDP or anything like that should call it Amber Woods so that people don't think it's just for men.  I feel anyone could use it.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Wow!  I'm so glad you like it!  From the first whiff I loved it and it's been my favorite.  I knew it was rice based too.  The first show the Chaz rolled it out I knew I'd love it and I think it's even better than I imagined.  I love how it's delicate.  It doesn't assail your nostrils with any harshness.  It sort of encircles you like you were standing in the pine woods and smelling pine but very softly and then there's some orange but just barely there and then this sort of vanilla but not real sweet.  It reminds me of a "fresh haircut".  I keep it on auto delivery.  I love the oil too.  The oil, when you first put it on is a bit more pine at first but then calms down the the Wen Men scent.  I believe the oil has some tea tree in it if I'm not mistaken.  World Traveler, I smelled roses big time from the Peony one also.  I'm hoping Chaz makes a styling creme in that one.  This is OT but in the Lilac EDP reviews someone posted that they were using the replen. mist on their mother, that she was not well and then when the Lilac EDP came out she quickly got it but not in time, her mother had gone.  That post really touched me.  Anyway,  WEN MEN...YAY!!!!!  WEE HEE!!!!

@77yangya I don't know what you do for a living or if you are retired, but you have a way with words that just totally draws me in to what you are saying. After reading that, I felt like I was right there, in the middle of the pine woods!  Very descriptive. Way to go! I think Chaz should have you do his commercials for him. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

<snip>

My experience with the Men's products so far has only been the texture cream/paste, which I totally love, love, love! @Drythe Has it come yet? 

<snip>

@World Traveler

That lil' black jar came in this morning!  I SNIFFED and don't find a scent either.

Will be trying it in the AM.  My hair is fine, thick, and beyond shoulders.  We'll see!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

<snip>

<snip>

@World Traveler

That lil' black jar came in this morning!  I SNIFFED and don't find a scent either.

Will be trying it in the AM.  My hair is fine, thick, and beyond shoulders.  We'll see!

@Drythe Oh, good; so it's not just me that smell anything.

Let us know what kind of results you get. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler @Drythe

I did not smell anything when I sniffed this paste.  It was only when it was emulsified in my palms did the scent bloom. It actually glowed and still noticeable after a couple hand washings. 

Anybody else experience this?

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Agree.....no smell from the paste for me either. 

Glowed? Really? I want to hear more about that.