WEN

Respected Contributor

@x HedgeYes that is me...I either mix or avoid the "mint" CC's...

Side note...I went to get my roots colored, the girl insists on blowing my hair dry (to see the color) even though I never do..she used there styling products on it, "straw I tell you, straw"!!  I came home & re-washed & used my lovely Wen mousse...next time she isn't coming near me with a blow dryer!..lol

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN March 2019 Chat

[ Edited ]

From Chaz:

Happy Birthday to Chaz's Dad James Dean! In honor of this special day we are celebrating by giving 30% off all THREENINETEEN products with code.

Celebrate 3/19 and James' birthday with us from today though Sunday!

I cannot put the code in this post or it will be deleted; however, if you go to his Facebook page, it is mentioned there. Then you can use that code on his website for ordering.

James, Joanne, and Chaz

JamesDeanChazDad.jpg

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@Tennessee Vol wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I am going to be ALL OVER both the new Spring & Summer scents!

@SurferWifeI hope I like the Spring CC, the ingredients all look good for my picky scalp. lol   Summer CC I will pass to my Hubby, but I will load up on Coconut LIme!...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi I read your comment about your 'picky scalp' with interest because my scalp has become picky too! I haven't been able to identify the ingredient that my scalp doesn't like but I suspect it is mint because I noticed that my scalp would be almost a bright red after I cleanse with WVM and stayed a bright pink color. I stopped using WEN for a few months and tried my favorite STP last night... no redness at all. TT also seems to make my scalp red but not as much at WVM. My scalp doesn't itch or anything like that when it turns red but it did alarm me some which is why I stopped using it for a while. I'm really glad that STP isn't causing a problem because my hair looks so much better when I use WEN!!! I'll try WRC next to see if I can use it too. 

Thanks for posting about your picky scalp as it made me try STP  again!

What ingredient causes you problems and what does it do?

@Tennessee VolOh so glad STP is working for you...You know I used to think it was menthol, but actually it's more the "peppermint" oil...my scalp doesn't get red really but itch's...I read ingredients more carefully now,

but I did get the new Winter White Forrest, & love love it!...So I mix it & don't use it all the time...I LOVE Wen, my hair is horrible without it, so I am just careful..

*Wen Fragrance Free doesn't have peppermint oil, so I keep that as a mixer..Smiley Happy

So glad if you can use Wen again, it's the best..! 

@quadmimi Itching isn't good... the only shampoo that ever made me itch was DevaCurl Low Poo and it didn't make my scalp itch but irritated my back... I guess the shampoo got on my back when I rinsed my hair! Anyway, it is a no go for me! I'm glad both of us can find WEN products that work for us. I used STP again last night and no red scalp! YAY!!!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Tennessee Vol 

>    Ouch!!    <

Redness is certainly a sign to stop using a product.  There used to be a people posting here that were sensitive to the menthol, and WEN KIDS became a popular option with them. Have you tried that?

One Wenner pinned her sensitivity to the mint, not the menthol, but I can't recall who. Was that you, @quadmimi ?

WENs Tea Tree line is very popular, but I'm hesitant to recommend it without adding a word of caution. (Especially to new WEN users)

WENs TT is an antibacterial, anitviral, and antifungal powerhouse, and while it's doing good, it can also trigger some unpleasant reactions (as can any product that comes in contact with the user).

I used WEN TT cc & oil to get rid of a chronic itchy scalp.  It worked!  But that was a trade-off because a sensitivity to the TT gave me other scalp/hair issues while I was using it.  (Including an increase in hair loss)

As soon as I was sure the itchy scalp was gone, and I stopped using any of the TT on my head, the new issues immediately stopped.

No other WEN ever caused that reaction in me.

@x Hedge I've never tried WEN kids but that's an option if I ever have a reaction to STP, which I doubt I ever will as I used it all summer long til fall. STP is my absolute favorite and my hair looks great when I use it... I'm amazed at just how shinny my hair is when I use WEN!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Respected Contributor

@Tennessee VolSo glad it's still working for you!  Yep just a quick read of ingredients & I am good to go...Wen is the best..Smiley Happy