WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN MONTHLY CHAT - MARCH 2021

@World Traveler - I can't give a performance rating as yet because my hair still has to dry.

Ok, here is my take on the scent while in the shower. I do smell lemonade a little - comes and goes. Its very brief and then the other scents fall in to play. I think I might be getting strawberry? Not sure but it is slightly sweet. Then the stronger scent seems to me to be very "green" if that's the way to describe it. And, this lingers much longer than any other.

I can't say its overly sweet but I do wish I had more "lemonade". The consistency is nice - I think similar to FPP.

Also, I didn't get any menthol scent or tingling - even when I used it on my face.

Would I repurchase? Probably not - I really wanted to love this new summer CC but SMM is my go to along with WWF to cool me down on those hot, summer days.

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@World Traveler - I can't give a performance rating as yet because my hair still has to dry.

Ok, here is my take on the scent while in the shower. I do smell lemonade a little - comes and goes. Its very brief and then the other scents fall in to play. I think I might be getting strawberry? Not sure but it is slightly sweet. Then the stronger scent seems to me to be very "green" if that's the way to describe it. And, this lingers much longer than any other.

I can't say its overly sweet but I do wish I had more "lemonade". The consistency is nice - I think similar to FPP.

Also, I didn't get any menthol scent or tingling - even when I used it on my face.

Would I repurchase? Probably not - I really wanted to love this new summer CC but SMM is my go to along with WWF to cool me down on those hot, summer days.

@riley1 

Oh good review..I am getting it, sounds like something I would like. I like the SMM also, I just can have issues with some mint CC's, so Lemonade might be more my scent..Can't wait to get it..Smiley Happy

*this is why I am shocked I can use the tonic!  I think it's because it dries down fairly quickly...

Respected Contributor

Chaz just had a "hit" in Shawn's "Daretoshare" beauty show with a final airing of the Big Deal, but I took the opportunity to order a BS finishing spray duo, because all I have on hand is the Light right now.  Aaaaand I am not a fan of that scent, BUT I want to use Chaz's version of hair spray, so the Bella Spirit version is coming my way.  And WHY do I need hair spray?  I made a discovery!!!!!!!!!  When I get up in the morning, after air-drying my hair overnight, I have quite a bit of curl from my old perms still in my hair, but over the course of time, the weight of my hair pulls it straight, usually in less than an hour.  So this morning, knowing I was not only going grocery shopping but eating in a restaurant for the first time in months, I hit my curls, while they still existed, with a good shot of Light Finishing Spray.  And my curls persisted for hours!  So, I need more and I like the fragrance of Bella Spirit over Light, and was planning on ordering some whenever Chaz was on next, and suprise, that was tonight! 

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi @World Traveler - This morning I opened the styling creme and am definitely getting the grapefruit scent. Still don't smell cucumber in either the CC or SC.

I might have to find which of my other CCs I can blend this with - any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

@riley1 thanks for the review. I actually got a lot out of it. ha! You were very helpful. Mine has shipped, but seems to be sitting in another state right now. Smiley Sad

i will be sure to post my review and let's see if I agree with you. Heart

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@quadmimi @World Traveler - This morning I opened the styling creme and am definitely getting the grapefruit scent. Still don't smell cucumber in either the CC or SC.

I might have to find which of my other CCs I can blend this with - any suggestions?

@riley1 

Thanks for review...I am not sure about what to mix?  I use the FTP to mix with alot of things, it just always balances scents out to my "nose"...lol

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi @World Traveler - Let me add to my review that the dry down is not good for me. To my nose, there is a strong "perfumy" scent that I am still smelling this morning.

I will give it a couple more tries and find something to mix it with before I decide if I'm returning.

This won't be a reorder for me Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@quadmimi @World Traveler - Let me add to my review that the dry down is not good for me. To my nose, there is a strong "perfumy" scent that I am still smelling this morning.

I will give it a couple more tries and find something to mix it with before I decide if I'm returning.

This won't be a reorder for me Smiley Sad

@riley1 

Just to make sure, I thought this was the Pink Lemonade you were trying?

Maybe I missed something, (which my brain is on "leave" this month) lol

So the Lemoande has a perfumy scent?

Honored Contributor

Chaz will be presenting on QVC TWICE on March 23. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi - Yes, Pink Lemonade. I didn't get that strong "perfumy" scent until the dry down. And, that was all I was smelling.

Now, that could just be me being sensitive to scents or my allergies are really bad this month.