WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN MONTHLY CHAT - DECEMBER

Got my color & cut today.  I may have mentioned before that I go to an Aveda salon.  I love my hairstylist & I love Aveda's reds.  Obviously I don't take my WEN but she knows it's all I use & love & she does compliment my hair on how nice & thick it is.  Anyhoo...today she gave me a Christmas present & I thought it was going to be the Aveda Cherry Almond Hand/Body wash.  It was shaped like the 8 oz. bottle, so when I got home I opened it with delight only to find out it is the Cherry Almond hair conditioner.  Bummer...so I'm wondering what to do with it.  Maybe mix a little in with my 2nd cleanse or something...or just regift it?  I have no desire to use anything but my beloved WEN.  Any alternate suggestions?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Got my color & cut today.  I may have mentioned before that I go to an Aveda salon.  I love my hairstylist & I love Aveda's reds.  Obviously I don't take my WEN but she knows it's all I use & love & she does compliment my hair on how nice & thick it is.  Anyhoo...today she gave me a Christmas present & I thought it was going to be the Aveda Cherry Almond Hand/Body wash.  It was shaped like the 8 oz. bottle, so when I got home I opened it with delight only to find out it is the Cherry Almond hair conditioner.  Bummer...so I'm wondering what to do with it.  Maybe mix a little in with my 2nd cleanse or something...or just regift it?  I have no desire to use anything but my beloved WEN.  Any alternate suggestions?

@SurferWife 

I would re-gift, or donate..In my early Wen life I used a couple other brands either becuase I was away & didn't take enough Wen or got samples..NOT a good thing for my hair.. now the hand wash could of been used..lol

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi 

Thanks for the suggestions!  I really thought it would be the body wash because she knows I like it, but that's okay.  I'll probably regift it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife When I get my haircut locally, I go to an Aveda shop too. I love, love their Cherry Almond Hand/Body wash, which they keep in their bathroom. Whether I need to use the bathroom or no, I go in and wash my hands with that scent. Always intend to purchase it, but I have lots of other hand washes already, mostly Koores from HSN when they had a sale for $25 on their 32-ounce size.

Either regift or use to clean make-up brushes, shave your legs, etc. The smell is wonderful!

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

Would it be possible to use the conditioner for hand washable or delicates with perhaps a little unscented detergent or soap... or try diluting with water and explore using some as a fabric softener in the washing machine cycle. 

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh, my, that IS a dilemma!  That was nice of her to give you a gift though.  Nobody buys me anything!  LOL!  I would re-gift it.  I have products unopened I'm going to give to this place right near us called Good Will or something like that.  You opened it up, saw what it was and thought, bummer!  LOL!  Made me laugh and right now it's late and I'm a bit nervous.  I'm just nervous nelly.  The last time I got my hair cut was by a barber.  I had my layers all evened out.  I think it was back in Sept.    You know, that's one of the many things great about Wen, you can use it interchangably but other products, such as the one you mention, it can't be used that way.  Loved your post. XO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife When I get my haircut locally, I go to an Aveda shop too. I love, love their Cherry Almond Hand/Body wash, which they keep in their bathroom. Whether I need to use the bathroom or no, I go in and wash my hands with that scent. Always intend to purchase it, but I have lots of other hand washes already, mostly Koores from HSN when they had a sale for $25 on their 32-ounce size.

Either regift or use to clean make-up brushes, shave your legs, etc. The smell is wonderful!

@World Traveler 

YES!  I love the Cherry Almond Hand/Body wash.  I would use the conditioner to shave but I get waxed.  I haven't shaved any part of my body in 25 years.  I will gift it to my housekeeper.

BTW...there is also a Cherry Almond body scrub.  I did buy that and oh my goodness is it wonderful.  If Chaz ever were to create a Cherry Almond CC...HOLY COW...that would be THE ONE for me!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

That's a good idea, too, but I think I'll give it to my housekeeper for Christmas, along with some other beauty items in my beauty closet...you know those TSV items (not WEN of course) that you talk yourself into then ask yourself why later on?  Still good products but just not my cup of tea.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife 

Sounds like you have the makings for a very nice gift package for your housekeeper. That's very nice of you and surely will be appreciated. 

What did cross my mind is why your hairdresser gave this to you knowing that you've used Wen for years and years. Was she sending you a message of some sort? This is a tongue in cheek question.

🤔🙄🙃

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

She is always asking me if I need any product.  I dont think she knows enough about WEN to know what it does; she has "heard of it".  She has always complimented my hair so I don't think she was trying to send me a message, necessarily, but she knows how much I love Aveda's Cherry Almond scent so maybe that was her way of getting me interested in Aveda hair care.  I've told her before I used to use Aveda for years before switching to WEN.

I looked at the bottle again & it is the "leave-in" conditioner.  I didn't realize that until I looked closer.  Nonetheless, I have no interest in any other hair care product, so I will add it to my housekeeper's Christmas beauty goody bag.  She'll be thrilled.  Anyone who has to clean up after my husband & puppy deserves a extra special gift...LOL!