WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN MONTHLY CHAT - April 2021

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife Oh, okay, you win! Smiley LOL  I'll use it tonight when I shower. You are such an enabler! Heart

@World Traveler 

I've used Tatcha exfoliator, too (I've tried MANY!).  Anyhoo, WEN (& not just because it's Chaz) does have the #1 spot in my heart for exfoliators.  I prefer it even over my O'o Hawaii exfoliator.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone ,Happy April. Thanks for starting us off @riley1! Well the weather is playing a very mean joke, it feels like February here!!! I too received my exfoliator the other day and love it. I had been using one with emu oil but I am very happy with the results of Chaz’s. I only used it once and my skin still feels smooth and hydrated days later. Like you @geezerette I’m working my stock but I’m starting to have panic attacks with every empty bottle. I have plenty of stock on Fall/Winter/Summer but Spring is low.
Honored Contributor

With Chaz coming back on May 21 (if not sooner and baring any changes by QVC!), it is not unusual for him to start selling the gallons at the end of May. Just wondering if he would be allowed to start that early.....May 21 this year. 

Love the excitement of the gallons, although I have been getting some really great deals when he sells his trio sets that he normally does throughout the year. The price per ounce is as good as, if not better, than getting the gallon!

I hope he will sell Mango Coconut again, but in the 32-ounce. I still have a gallon of it, but am getting down to the point that it won't last me thru the year.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Well, I did take the plunge and opened the new facial scrub and used it last night. First off, I was a bit hesitant because the seal on it, once you take the lid off, was not tight. Lifted off easily. I wasn't sure if it was dried out or if what I had was supposed to be the texture even with the seal intact.

At any rate, I found it to be incredibly smooth. I expected it to be a little more rough, like the lip scrub is, but then realized that would not be good for the skin. I used it for the suggested 1-2 minutes and found my skin to be very smooth and soft after using it.

I was disappointed I didn't smell more of the three scents in it, as I have always liked that about the Bella Spirit line. I really didn't notice any definitive scent, which is probably for the better so more people may use it.

I need to use the Tatcha again tonight so I can compare them better as to the "after" feel on my skin. Always thought Tatcha made my skin feel smooth, but am going to be more aware of what I feel tonight.

Both products probably have excellent ingredients in them; I just like to be loyal to one brand, particularly anything from Chaz if I can. Since there wasn't any MAJOR difference in the feel or experience between the two product lines, I will finish up my Tatcha scrubs and then switch to Chaz now that he has a facial scrub in his stable. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

I think it's okay to have 2 loves!  I love my O'o Hawaii Exfoliator (I used it yesterday morning) & love my WEN.  I will use them interchangeably.

I understand about being loyal to one brand.  If Chaz had a full skin care line, it would be easier to be 100% loyal, but there are some items I like to use that he doesn't make.  Same with O'o Hawaii.  I will admit I like O'o Hawaii cleansing balm better than the WEN facial cleanser, but that doesn't mean the WEN isn't good.  I just alternate between the two, which is okay.  O'o Hawaii's eye cream is the absolute best I've tried in many years, but if Chaz were to come out with one, I would buy it.  At this point, I know the 2 lines I gravitate to, so I'm going to stop experimenting with others.  It ends up being a waste of money.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote

" I haven't heard that he is going to do another new scent for Fall. I would be surprised if he does, since he just came out with the Plum Pear last fall. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he stops for a few seasons so I can get thru all my purchases."

There is a schedule for launching new Seasonals. Chaz has never deviated from it yet... But between covid and his new salon, I'm making no promises.

Look for the next seasonal launches:

Seasonal #   season      year

25               Fall         2022

26             Winter      2022

27             Spring      2023

28            Summer   2023

Esteemed Contributor

@worldtraveler I really enjoy using the facial scrub in the shower . I scrub my face , neck and décolleté for 2-3 minutes and rinse off then use the cleanser. I too was disappointed you really can’t pick up the scents but so many dislike the scent (don’t know why as I find it pleasant).
Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
@worldtraveler I really enjoy using the facial scrub in the shower . I scrub my face , neck and décolleté for 2-3 minutes and rinse off then use the cleanser. I too was disappointed you really can’t pick up the scents but so many dislike the scent (don’t know why as I find it pleasant).

@ANewHue I did enjoy while trying it the first/only time, and look forward to finishing with my Tatcha so I can get back to Chaz's scrub and continue with it.

I have wondered the same thing.....why so many dislike the scent. Although not strong in any single scent, as far as my nose is concerned, I find the scent of the scrub to be equally pleasant.

Go figure! Good thing we don't all agree or there would not be any variety in this world! ha!

Honored Contributor

I used the Summer Pink Lemonade again this morning. Still no distinct scent for me to detect. It does perform well and is not displeasing. However, I just have the hardest time trying to pick up any of the known scents in the ingredients when I use it. Since it is a good formula on my hair, I will continue; just not one that I will reorder. 

Honored Contributor

I just opened my last 32 oz. SHL...uh-oh...no more sharing with Toby!  He'll have to use FFA for a while!  I need to get through more of my seasonals before I order more SHL, though.