WEN

New Contributor

Hello, I know I want to use Wen, but I'm so confused by all the products and options. So here's my hair story. It's naturally wavy, in desperate need of volume, it's not too thick, but I have a thought of it, except my part seems so thin, anyway, I don't do a lot of product, I wash & condition, hair dry or toss it up ina bun or ponytail.  What products should I use from the Wen lline? Help me stop shampooing! I'd have gotten Wen all ready but I'm so confused!

Regular Contributor

Re: WEN Lovers help me decide!

I would go to Chaz's website and use the recommender. It's pretty accurate and has recommended for me the one that work best on my hair. 

Trusted Contributor

I second the recommendation to try the product recommender on chazdean dot com.

One thing I will say is do NOT give in to the temptation to buy a gallon 😃 There can be a bit of learning curve to using Wen, and I'd hate for you to have a huge gallon of a formula that may not work for you.

The only product that you really "need" to get started is the cleansing conditioner (CC). If it works for you, you can add in some the ancillary products if you'd like. I really like the mousse and Volumizing Treatment Spray (VTS) for added volume.

There are a few discovery sets available here, you might want to give one of those a try. That will give you a chance to try a few different formulas. Or, maybe a box of the travel packs, so you can try the core formulas.

I personally think Tea Tree (TT)and Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) are great places to start (they're also two of my favorites 😍). I know there's a TT/SAM duo available here that's a great value.

Oh, and welcome to the Wen forum! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Vermont Momma Bear, welcome to the Wen forum. I agree with DoxieMomma that A gallon is not the way to go to start out with. Because if that particular formula does not work for you that's a lot of product to have around. Below I have cut and pasted information about a variety pack of cleansing conditioners which also comes with 16 ounces of sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner. It's a great price and it lets you try all of the core cleansing conditioners. also comes with 16 ounces of sweet almond mint cleansing conditioner. It's a great price and it lets you try all of the -- bebe

--

Re: Wen OTO - better than gallon price!! - 16oz SAM CC, & (8) 2oz Variety CC travel packs - $36.
Options
Friday

Yesterday's, WEN by Chaz Dean 16oz. Cleansing Conditioner w/ Travel Packs (A267437) OTO is still available at a slightly higher feature price of $44 and is still a good value. Right now -- using an ounce for ounce cost comparison -- it runs about the same price at one of the Core Wen Gallons.

FYI, the six Core Cleansing Conditioner (CC) scents were the first line of CCs that Chaz created. SAM, TT, FIG, LAV, and CA are all wheat based, while POM is soy based. -- In contrast the SixThirteen (613) and Seasonals CCs are both soy-based, have the amino acid complex and extra skin care ingredients added in. The Restorative CCs (BGT & MIF) are rice-based, have bamboo water as a major ingredient, have the amino acid complex and extra skin care ingredients added in.

Below is the updated information about yesterday's OTO which is now being offered at a feature price.

----

The WEN by Chaz Dean 16oz. Cleansing Conditioner w/ Travel Packs (A267437) is an excellent value.

It's also a great way for first time Wenners to try out the Core line of Wen Cleansing Conditioners (CC). -- Personally, I think this is a better way for new Wenners to test out the Wen Cleansing Conditioners. This way they get to try each of the Core Cleansing Conditioners without being locked into a gallon of one individual Cleansing Conditioner scent.

Individually, here's how the two individual items are priced:

* 16oz Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) CC -- $29

* (8) 2oz Wen Cleansing Conditioner Travel Packs -- $33
-- this allows people to try all six scents in the Core Cleansing Conditioner line. -- There are two each of Sweet Almond MInt (SAM) & Pomagranate (POM), and one each of Tea Tree (TT), FIG, Lavender (LAV), and Cucumber Aloe (CA).

Regularly they would run you $62 plus $6 shipping. With this featured Duo you are saving $18.00 plus $3.00 S&H.

This Duo is 32oz of CC is equivalent to one-fourth of a Wen gallon (128oz). Below I've done a cost comparison between the SAM/Variety Pack Duo (using the current feature price) and the June Wen Core Gallon price ($177 plus $3 S&H):

* SAM & Variety Pack Duo -- $44 + $3 -- 32oz CC -- $47

* Wen Core Gallon - $44.25 + $0.75 -- 32oz CC -- $45.50

The Duo runs you $1.50 more than an equivalent amount of a Wen Core Gallon and gives new Wenners an opportunity to try all six scents at a great price. -- It also gives Wenners a slight price break on the travel packs.

Thanks Chaz!!!

-- bebeSmiley Happy

--

WEN by Chaz Dean 16oz. Cleansing Conditioner w/ Travel Packs - A267437

A267437
VIDEO
Recently On Air
WEN by Chaz Dean 16oz. Cleansing Conditioner w/ Travel Packs
QVC Price: $44.00
Featured Price: $39.86
--

--
New Contributor

My step daughter has very curly hair.  She uses the classic Pomegranite and the newer Bamboo Green Tea.  Both give her the volume she wants and the moisture that curly hair needs.  She air dries with Six Thirteen Mousse.  She washes her hair three times a week.

I have short, fine, straight blonde hair and tend more towards the citrus based conditioners. The Lavender is the recommended, but I love the seasonals, Fall Pumpkin, Winter Vanilla Mint, Spring Orange Blossom and the new Coconut Lime.  I also use the Mandarian Fig and Six Thirteen.  I wash my hair everyday. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with the others about taking the recommender on Chaz's site.  Although, many of the OTO's that were offered this month are a great value and a good place to start.  The duos of Wen are also a great price at $40 for 2 16 oz. cleansing conditioners depending on what the formulas the recommender recommends.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to ask, if Recommender on Chaz site gives the answers, that would include rice protein Bamboo Green Tea and Mandarin Italian Fig?  I am not sure it does. Correct me please, if I am wrong.

By any means these two are pretty much universal, and the duo of both is available at featured price of $44.46 - A267689.  This is such a good deal to try some of the best in Wen.

These two scents are great to be used separately, and even better to be mixed together.

With this BGT/MIF duo the OP would get a whole gallon of wonderful Wen cleansing formulas for less money.

Also Chaz site Recommender does not "recommend" seasonal formulas. But we know - there are greatest Wen scents right now availabile! In good "try me" 16 oz sizes.

Who of the Wenners would not recommend the OP to try Summer Honey Peach? or Summer Coconut Verbena Lime?

I would recommend it to anyone, any day - try it!  It is simply wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I want to ask, if Recommender on Chaz site gives the answers, that would include rice protein Bamboo Green Tea and Mandarin Italian Fig?  I am not sure it does. Correct me please, if I am wrong.

By any means these two are pretty much universal, and the duo of both is available at featured price of $44.46 - A267689.  This is such a good deal to try some of the best in Wen.

These two scents are great to be used separately, and even better to be mixed together.

With this BGT/MIF duo the OP would get a whole gallon of wonderful Wen cleansing formulas for less money.

Also Chaz site Recommender does not "recommend" seasonal formulas. But we know - there are greatest Wen scents right now availabile! In good "try me" 16 oz sizes.

Who of the Wenners would not recommend the OP to try Summer Honey Peach? or Summer Coconut Verbena Lime?

I would recommend it to anyone, any day - try it!  It is simply wonderful.

It does include BGT because it showed up as one of my choices. I don't know if it has been updated to include MIF yet.

Valued Contributor

Last fall, FTP was the first one recommended for me. I had already tried it and loved it. I have found the recommender to be pretty darn amazingly accurate. 

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you Aprimo!

I will go there, and re-check my own recommendations to see, if it would include Rice based formulas, because my hair loves them both!