WEN

Honored Contributor

I'm a "Seasonal" girl. My first cleanse was always Pom or SAM followed by a second cleanse of a seasonal. I bought DS 319 when it came out. He didn't like it and wanted to go back to SAM, so I started using it as my first cleanse. I also use the mousse in 319. Now I'm spoiled! I like the formula and like using it as a first cleanse then picking up the scent of the seasonal. So I want to get more.

I've been reading about Light, but have never tried it. My hair is normal, but color treated. It is longer than it has been in a LONG time because of WEN, and very healthy (of course!). Also, I do use 613 about once every week or two as my first cleanse. 

What do you think? Should I try Light or stick to 319 for my first cleanse? TIA! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: WEN Light or 319?

[ Edited ]

For me, the overall performance of LIGHT and 319 are the same.  If you've read other posts about LIGHT it has been mentioned that the scent is different for different people.  I found this to be true.  When I first tried LIGHT I wasn't overly impressed but the scent changed dramatically on me in a very short time and it was like magic - in a very good way.  

Honored Contributor

Light is too manly to me and very strong.  I ended up tossing the hair spray as I had a alot of people making comments about the scent (and not in a good way).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

If you're looking for a fragrance free (like 319) but in a rice base formula (like Light), Chaz offers a Fragrance Free rice formula.

That would give you both characteristics in the same WEN bottle.

Honored Contributor

TY everyone! I will stick with 319! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Just wanted to add my little two cents.  First of all, can't wait to see Chaz!!  Anyway, I was not too taken on with Light as my nose said too masculine too and was a bit too strong.  Thing of it is, is that everyone's sense of smell is so different!  Here's one for Sherlock Holmes.....I really love the Light NBT.  I got of few of them too, as I used them up, I would go for another.  I still have one more full one.  I didn't like the EDP but I love the CC and all the other stuff in it.  I really love the hair spray too.  When Chaz came out with the dry oil that just shot to the top of my list!!!  Alot of people love Light!  I can't wait until Hope comes out!

Super Contributor

I love LIGHT! I have the CC, hairspray and the travel edp. At first I also thought it was too masculine but I loved the CCs performance, and it actually is one of the best for giving my fine, flat hair body, shine and volume. But now I love the scent too! It has really grown on me, I find it a crisp, clean, essential oil blend with a lot of depth to it. 

It is really true that even if you don’t like a scent at first, if you come back to it later you might change your mind. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Souperkrys wrote:

I love LIGHT! I have the CC, hairspray and the travel edp. At first I also thought it was too masculine but I loved the CCs performance, and it actually is one of the best for giving my fine, flat hair body, shine and volume. But now I love the scent too! It has really grown on me, I find it a crisp, clean, essential oil blend with a lot of depth to it. 

It is really true that even if you don’t like a scent at first, if you come back to it later you might change your mind. 

yes!  yes!  yes!

Esteemed Contributor
I love the scent of Light and 319 has become a staple for me I incorporate in both cleanses. Remember 319 is treatment based. Heck get both and mix them lol
Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Light or 319?

[ Edited ]

I've not used 319 but have used 613 (would be interested to hear how those compare?) and that wasn't one I thought worked well for my hair (fine, color treated). 

I've used Light and have liked it - I also like Mandarin Fig but BGT was a bit drying so not all Rice formulas work the same for me.  I don't find Light masculine OR strong, but I've only used the CC and always mix.  Right now I'm mixing the last of my Light with SHP as my second cleanse.