WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN - June WEN Chat (2015) -- part 2

Sam, I started playing tennis when I was four and I've been playing for decades now. It's a great way for kids to get exercise and learn sportsmanship. Definitely take him to Wimbledon. I went in 1994 because I wanted to see Martina play and hopefully win her last title. She was runner up but it was all good. I queued up for tickets every night camped out and got great tickets every day at good prices. It was a lot of fun.
Esteemed Contributor

bebe777 - I used to go to the Open in NY - loved it! Say Borg, McEnroe, Connors, Everett, Martina N - there's just something about seeing these big tournaments

Valued Contributor

I think it's a once in a lifetime experience and my brother has also always wanted to go. He was in London after his HS graduation but did not go and always regretted it.

We might just have to take the kid 4 years from now!
Honored Contributor

Riley, for a number of years I used to go to the US open as well. I love playing doubles and so I really enjoyed watching the Doubles players. I love watching the Woodies, Martina of course, Flach and Seguso, McEnroe and whoever he happened to be playing with. I enjoyed the singles as well but you could usually find me on the back court watching doubles
Honored Contributor

Sam, I can't believe your brother didn't go while he was in London. What was he thinking? If you go you'll have a wonderful time and you can also explore London at the same time Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

The family member that took him didn't want to go! 😳

Since he was just 18 he didn't really have a say in the matter, but I don't think he's ever quite forgotten either!
Honored Contributor

I'm heading out everyone. Have a wonderful evening and sweet Wen dreamsSmiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:
LOL,, even though I haven't purchased any June gallons, because of all the great OTOs i've done some major purchasing this month. Unless the fall TSV is super spectacular I'm not going to need to buy anything until the December TSV

I think I've been pretty good this month. I've only bought the MIF OTO set today and the home and away oil set. Of course, I bought plenty of Wen in May so I guess that also makes up for June! Cat Tongue

Valued Contributor

I so wanted to get the clv oto but I have to watch money as I may be moving.
Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Thanks, bebe! Glad to hear that this time it was NOT DIsh's fault! lol

Yeah, I don't have Dish and my program guide was all wrong too. It's weird. Sometimes it'll tell me that a show has changed to something else. I don't know how this stuff works but you'd assume they could feed over an updated program guide.

Wow I'd love if Dish would tell me if something I am recording actually changes to something else. In the 8 years I've been with them, they've never done that. It is very annoying. I don't know how many times I go to watch my recorded NHRA and it is college basketball or some other oddball changes. Frustrating!

That would annoy me too. It doesn't happen too often but on occasions I've set the DVR to record something and it'll suddenly indicate that it can't record it as if there's a conflict with another program. If I choose to record it, anyway, it'll change the name of the program at which point I realize that it's something completely unrelated that I have no interest in watching or recording. At least then I can just cancel at that point.

I've had the same problem with them.  I'm a big sports fan and like to re-watch games.  Can't tell you how many times the programs have changed and I've copied the Weather or something equally dull!  : O )

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras