WEN

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Suz585 Oh, dear me! Eight inches off those beautiful, flowing, free-swinging locks of yours? I remember the after shot of you with Chaz, and how the highlights were so, so gorgeous.

I also remember how long it took him to put in the highlights, and cute you looked with the foil in your hair! Smiley LOL

Before you cut off that eight inches, was your hair about the same length as it was when Chaz did your hair or had you already been snipping away at it over the past few years?

@World Traveler 

Such good memories! 

My hair was about to my bra strap and now it’s above my shoulders. I’ve only really cut it once since then. I had the worst “shelf” layers and finally decided to cut it off to be rid of it once and for all. Truly awful. I went to 2 different hair dressers to fix it and finally gave up! 

Since using WEN, my hair tends to grow so I don’t mind chopping it to start over. With the health and strength WEN gives my hair, I enjoy styling my it in braids, buns, ponytails, etc. 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Very interesting that instead of including some fan favorites of the past, they're only offering the four most recent Seasonals. All have been available to the public for less than a year, (and therefore having the fewest negative reviews; either honest or bogus).

This is atypical, especially offering the SMM in a gallon at it's launch!

Also atypical is offering BGT & MIF in June.

Rice gallons were always offered in fall, along with 613/319 and PJP.

So, just speculating, did Qurate say to Chaz, 'Show us your best case scenario for gallon month sales so we can decide whether to continue this annual tradition'? 

After all, they devote a lot of June air time ("is he on again !? ") to selling WEN gallons.

I suspect Qurate could be re-evaluating whether the June return justifies their expense, consolidating gallon presentations to take advantage of June's 'gallon fever', and re-calculating how high they can set the gallon price without losing sales.

Personally I've never bought a gallon, and don't intend to. But a lot of households have people sharing one big bottle, or use the same formula head to toe daily, making gallons a good deal.

... I also think that 'on-air quota' that is a leftover creature of pre-internet TV shopping will be dumped or revised by Qurate (if it hasn't been already).

Last year QVC made the gallons available on May 18th, and some Seasonals were sold out before Chaz was even in town, counting zero toward the quota.

In fact Chaz's most loyal customers waited to buy when he was on-air, and so lost out for the year!!

That generated a lot of loyalty conflict and disappointment.

It makes no sense for Qurate to maintain such obstacles to a customer's satisfaction and their vendor's success.

@x Hedge 

I’ve been wondering some of the same things for some time now.

It never made sense to me to offer different gallon formulas at different times of the year.  Although, I suppose some people would want multiples and couldn’t afford that at one time.  But it was confusing to people who weren’t avid WEN fans about which formula would be offered when.

I usually order gallons, but I figured WVM would be gone from that lineup this year so I planned on not getting any gallons at all.  I can get a better deal by waiting for the usual holiday TSV.  Then it dawned on me that with so many changes going on now, that usual offering might not happen this year.  So, I thought perhaps one TeaTree.  A gallon is actually more convenient for me—two pumps and I’m done, instead of several from a smaller size bottle.  Also, less plastic waste.

I’m also wondering if the gallons aren’t selling well anymore.  Judging by the mfg date on my last delivery, QVC looked like they might have been clearing out their old inventory.  There are so many formulas to choose from now, that I wonder how many people are still interested in a whole gallon of one formula.

And don’t get me started on the whole “on-air quota” thing.  I’m realize Qurate is going to be making changes to keep up with the modern world of retailing (they have no choice), but I’m not seeing a whole lot of new that makes much sense to me.  A lot of people have already jumped ship and even I am running out of patience.  I’m buying less and only what I either can’t get somewhere else or have to pay more for somewhere else.  As it is, I may end up buying some WVM items from Chaz this winter if I have to.  Those are pure necessities! 😄

Respected Contributor

Hi Suz!    Are you the one with the rose gold hair?  Chaz showed a picture of someone that he did that color on.  It was a gorgeous color and of course Wen makes the hair perfect.  I didn't know you went to Chaz's salon!  WOWEEE!  Have you and WorldTraveler ever been there at the same time?  That would be fun!  My hair sounds like your length.  I cut mine in a short bob in the fall of 2018.  It's grown quite a lot.  Yours sounds amazing.  You get highlights! 

I can't wait for June!  Gallonpalooza!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: WEN June 2019 Gallons

[ Edited ]

FYI, there are gallons posted on Q, albeit at full price ($210 for classics/kids and $256 for others).  I see:  classics, current seasonals, 613, BGT, Light, & Kids.

And they usually do lauch gallons b4 June 1st.  I would expect to see them (and Summer seasonals) over Memorial Day weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Lynnster67 Chaz said May 31/June 1 on Periscope. But QVC sometimes switches the schedule, so that is what he said as of last week.

Occasional Contributor
No Peach??!!?? Ugh! It’s my favorite! 😭
Valued Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi Suz!    Are you the one with the rose gold hair?  Chaz showed a picture of someone that he did that color on.  It was a gorgeous color and of course Wen makes the hair perfect.  I didn't know you went to Chaz's salon!  WOWEEE!  Have you and WorldTraveler ever been there at the same time?  That would be fun!  My hair sounds like your length.  I cut mine in a short bob in the fall of 2018.  It's grown quite a lot.  Yours sounds amazing.  You get highlights! 

I can't wait for June!  Gallonpalooza!!!!!

@77yangya 

Hi there! I do not have rose gold hair. I was lucky enough to visit Chaz’s salon a few years back. World Traveler and I were reminiscing. I would love to meet World Traveler ne day at the salon but I live in Florida, so it’s difficult. 

All of your posts are very enjoyable, your enthusiasm always makes me smile! Please keep it up! 

**Suz**
New Contributor

What happened to all the summer scents? I wait for this every year for the SHP and the SCM Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN June 2019 Gallons

[ Edited ]

@cimurphy wrote:

What happened to all the summer scents? I wait for this every year for the SHP and the SCM Smiley Sad

@cimurphy 

You’ll have to wait until June, or rather, May 31, when Chaz makes his first on-air appearance.  Right now there are only spring scents available because it’s, well, springtime. 😉

Welcome to the WEN forum!👋

Regular Contributor

I'm sure people have done the math, so help me out as I am debating whether to buy a gallon.

My understanding is that if you like multiple scents OR like ancillary products, then you can get better deals at other times of the year with ODOs, TSVs, etc.

If you don't want ancillary products OR want one particular scent, then the gallons make the most financial sense.

Am I right?