WEN

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue Sorry, forgot which WEN thread you asked me about whether the group "accepted" me, and I mentioned that it hadn't happened. Finally heard from them about an hour ago. Heart

Think it took around two weeks since you chatted with me about it, right? No problem, just surprised it took so long for anyone to respond to my request.

I'll be looking for you and those posts you mentioned. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Hi all!  I am wondering if there are any Wenners living in, or familiar with, the Charlotte NC area?  My daughter is seriously considering relocating to Charllotte from Springfield, IL. We have never been there before and are planning a trip this summer to check it out.  

I would appreciate any pros, cons, or opinions about the area if anyone is comfortable sharing.  It seems like @FleaMktQn@Drythe and @bebe777 are from the area if I recall correctly. TIA 😊

@BExplorer  I live a little more than an hour away from Charlotte in a much smaller city. I love Asheboro, it's in the very center of NC. It's not too big but big enough, traffic isn't heavy and it's easy to get around town. Traffic in Charlotte is pretty bad, I really never go there so I can't say more than that about Charlotte.

So I'll touch on a few things about NC in general. Summers are HOT, winters overall are quite mild and there is a definite change of seasons, which I like. People are friendly and the Andy Griffith Show if REAL, people down here really talk like that Woman LOL I love it here and have no desire to go anywhere else.

I'd love to arrange a meeting if your trip allows time for a visit to Asheboro Smiley Wink

Thanks so much @FleaMktQn for the helpful response!  Too funny about people really talking like the Andy Griffith show 😆.  

IL summers are pretty miserable, but so are the winters.  Nice to hear your winters aren't too bad. My daughter wants to live in a big city and one of the attractions to the Charllotte area is the both the ocean and the mountains being only 2-3 hours away.  Like you, she also wants the change of seasons.  

We we would definitely be up for a meeting, thanks so much for your gracious offer!  

@FleaMktQn Just an update--my daughter is now flying to Charlotte with her slightly older cousin the first week in September. I am unable to go that week as I am hosting a baby shower for my niece the day after they get back.  I decided they would have a great time spending the week exploring together.  They live in different states and this will be a good opportunity for them to spend quality time together, and for me to step back and let her be her young adult self 😔.

Of course, if she does decide to make the move, I will go with her and help her get set up but I don't look for that to happen sooner than early spring.  

I will let you know what she thinks after their trip.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor
@worldtraveler I was just thinking about this and didn't have time to post. That was definitely too long of a wait. I'll be looking out for you as well.
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN July Chat 2018

[ Edited ]

FYI.....Chaz's birthday today (or was it yesterday?).  Heart

He had a Facebook post 11 hours ago (Pacific Standard Time) thanking people for the birthday wishes, so am not sure if his birthday was yesterday and he just got around to saying thank you early  today, or it is today and he posted  in the wee hours of the morning.

Esteemed Contributor
@worldtravelee Chaz's birthday is the 23rd
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, all! There are several WEN items available with six easy pay, if you needed something before Chaz comes back in September. Believe it is just for today.  Heart

Regular Contributor

I may be wrong on this, but it looks like Wen will be the Beauty iQ Steal starting at 8:00 PM EST on August 8th. I was just checking the program guide & noticed this. I wasn't sure where to post, so just added it to the July Chat. Anyone heard anything?

Honored Contributor

@tcmalfa No, haven't heard anything, but thanks for posting. I will put it on my calendar! Heart

Honored Contributor

Just saw this on Facebook from a WEN fan. Let me know if you try it. Heart

Wenner's, I have to tell you something that I did that was amazing!!! I went on vacation and forgot my remoist. But I had Spring Honey Lilac with me. I mixed about 2oz RTM, 2oz CC and 2oz Oil in the RTM bottle and coated my hair and scalp with it and went to bed. OMG... I mean OMG!!! When I cleansed it out the next day... My hair has never been so soft and shinny. It amazing!!! You have to try it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe someone with shorter hair will try this. I'm not ashamed to say I can't afford to use two oz of oil at a time.

😕