WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife OMG!!!!  Your curls!!! Your normal little photo doesn't show them as well as this full photo of you. Those are natural curls? E-GAD! From a person whose hair is naturally straight, I envy you big time. Heart

Thanks for the review. I am surprised that the scent is so light. I figured he would go for a stronger scent with the plum/pear. I will need to get at least a 16-ounce size to try it out. Probably went lighter in the scent due to the complaints he got about his Spice Apple sometime back.

Thank you, thank you for your very detailed review. Can't wait until you try the other one and report back. 

P.S. The important thing is: Did Toby like it enough to want to snuggle up with you?

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

Thank you!  Yes, my curls are natural.  I air-dried in that picture, but when I diffuse, they're even more voluminous.  Before WEN I had curls, but never had that much definition.

The Plum Pear does have some scent; it's just very light.  I ready another person's comments about it & she mentioned it was too "perfumey". Go figure...all of our sense of smell is different, so what one person picks up the next may not.  If you like the fall scents in general, I recommend trying it, maybe a 16 oz. like you said.  Fall Fresh Apple is still my favorite fall scent.  I like the Fall Tuscan Pear, too, but I prefer the perfume more than the CC.  The FTP EDP is my #1 go-to fall fragrance.

Speaking of Toby, I received my SMM today & used the NIBT as a hand cream.  A few hours later he is sitting in my lap licking the back of my hands.  SMM must be a winner for him!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife That Toby! A very discerning young man. Heart

I agree about each of us having a different opinion on the smells. That is why I don't like to do reviews on new scents. What I pick up might not be what someone else does.

I too like the Fall scents. My first favorite Fall scent was the Ginger Pumpkin, which I still make sure is always available in my cupboard. I wasn't that gung-ho on the Vanilla Pumpkin, but do like the scent and consistency of the Tuscan Pear. So I will definitely try the Plum Pear.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife - your curls are amazing and I love the color as well. 

Have you tried the Winter Wild Berry yet? Please let us know your thoughts.

Your description of the Fall Plum was excellent.

Honored Contributor

Agree with @riley1 

@SurferWife What is the Wild Berry like?

Respected Contributor

I got my gallons today, they shipped from California so got here (Oregon) fast.  My WWF had two perfume samples in it, one was 2/3rds empty, the other half empty.  My TT gallon had nothing extra in the package, which is okay, since my bathroom vanity is crawling with tiny glass bottles of fragrance samples which I never seem to use.  So I won't get to try samples of the newest seasonals, which is okay also, since odds are I'd be allergic to them.  But I admit to a smidge of disappointment that I don't even get to smell them, I could have used them to give Max and Johnny a bath apiece, which is what my Winter Red Current 32oz from last year's TSV is going for..

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons

[ Edited ]

Just noticed that Summer Honey Peach is now sold out in the gallons!

Men

Faith

Hope

Joy

Love

Strength

Indigo

Pets (2)

Summer Honey Peach

Honored Contributor

@riley1  & @World Traveler 

I used the Winter Wildberry this morning.  Of the 2 scents I prefer the Winter Wildberry.  It's a stronger scent than the Fall Plum Pear, but not sickly strong.  I can't pick up one berry more than the other.  If I could put a crumble on top of it & serve it with vanilla bean ice cream, I'd do it!

It's a similar consistency as the Fall Plum Pear, maybe a tad thicker & creamier.  I used the entire packet for my 2nd cleanse (TT for first as always).  Once again, my curls love it!  My curls generally love the seasonals, so I say that about most of them.  If you like fruity scents, you'll love this.

I may skip the Fall Plum Pear but will probably pick up the Winter Wildberry...probably the cleanse & style kit or something like that.

I hope this helps!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWifeOh boy that sounds like just my kind of scent, (the new berry one)

Great description. It's extra funny as my Hub just asked me to make him this berry crumble dessert!  lol I read him your description, he said "order it"! I said well sorry you have to wait til winter!  

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife Oh, that's a big help! Especially the thought of being able to put vanilla bean ice cream on top of it if it was edible! LOL!

Oh, my; I'm very eager to get both of those. You mentioning it being "fruity" somewhat makes me cautious, but will definitely try the berry. I'm not sure any of his other scents have been described as fruity, so I have no idea how my nose will react. I definitely don't do well with the floral scents of his spring line.

Again, thanks for the review!