WEN

Contributor

I noticed something interesting today (apologies if this has been discussed before): for the 613/319 formulas, rice formulas, and classic formulas, it appears to cost LESS to buy two of the 32 oz duos (ie 64 oz each) than to buy a gallon. Even the shipping cost doesn't make up the difference.

Classic:  $63.75 duo X 2 = $127.50. Gallon is $149

613/319: $69.96 duo X 2 = $139.92. Gallon is $169

Rice: $69.96 duo X 2 = $139.92. Gallon is $159

The pricing for The Bella Spirit formula follows this too ($152 vs $169); HOWEVER, the duo is one of each variety rather than two of the same.

The duos just seem to be a better bargain...at least for now.

Am I missing something?

Honored Contributor

@tillyny I didn't check the math, but it is not unusual to get same as (or better!) deals by getting the 32-ounce duos/trios. I am on auto-delivery for Tea Tree from December that is a trio of 32-ounce bottles, which works out better than the per ounce price for the gallons normally.

The thing is, you never know when he is going to do those 32-ounce specials. But if you have worked it out mathematically this time around, then go for it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tillyny 

Oh no, you're not missing anything.  You're right.  Some of the 32 oz. offers do end up less expensive than the gallons.

A few years ago Chaz offered a trio of CC--your choice of seasonal or classic--for his holiday TSV.  It was so popular, he's brought it back the last year or so.  The trios were really a good buy.  Last year the classics were only available in a duo, but they were less than they're being offered now and quite a bit less than the gallons.  So, like @World Traveler, I got my year's supply of Tea Tree then and won't be getting the TT gallon this year.  But as she also mentioned, unlike the gallons that are a definite yearly sale, the duos/trios are not a sure thing.  If you can catch a buy, go for it.

In fact, I wish I had waited to order my gallon of Fragrance Free until I saw your post.  I didn't realize it was also being offered with the other rice duos since it hasn't been on the Q for quite some time. Which is why I went ahead and ordered a gallon right away.  The duo is a bit less than the gallon.

Trusted Contributor

the deals are random like @World Traveler said.

and actually I think that was 89.00 the other day - so then your math wouldn't work. But yeah good deal today.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons

[ Edited ]

As of this morning, May 31, the only Blessing left is Light. The others are on wait list.

And Indigo is out as of yesterday. Everything else, at any level of intensive cleansing, are still available. Usually Cucumber Aloe goes out first of the Classics because they don't bring in as many as the others. But CA is still available.

Honored Contributor

@tillyny wrote:

I noticed something interesting today (apologies if this has been discussed before): for the 613/319 formulas, rice formulas, and classic formulas, it appears to cost LESS to buy two of the 32 oz duos (ie 64 oz each) than to buy a gallon. Even the shipping cost doesn't make up the difference.

Classic:  $63.75 duo X 2 = $127.50. Gallon is $149

613/319: $69.96 duo X 2 = $139.92. Gallon is $169

Rice: $69.96 duo X 2 = $139.92. Gallon is $159

The pricing for The Bella Spirit formula follows this too ($152 vs $169); HOWEVER, the duo is one of each variety rather than two of the same.

The duos just seem to be a better bargain...at least for now.

Am I missing something?

@tillyny 

I saw that last night & immediately jumped on the Tea Tree.  Four 32 oz. Tea Tree bottles is a better deal than the gallon.  I like to make my purchases when Chaz is on the air, but jumped on these because I was concerned they would sell out.  I use Tea Tree for every 1st cleanse so I go through it faster than anything else.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I heard Sandra say that over 17,000 gallons have been sold so far and it isn't even June!

She also said that NINE formulas have sold out. Which one am I missing?

Men

Faith

Hope

Joy

Love

Strength

Indigo
Pet

Honored Contributor

@tillyny I just checked the similar special he did in December and I paid $58 for two 32-ounce Tea Tree WITH a 16-ounce TT styling cream!!! That is on auto-delivery one more time. So that was an even better deal, along with the styling cream, than the deal he has this time around. Either way, the price per ounce is better than the gallon.

You just never know when/what he will do about specials throughout the year, but he usually does something like that once a year, sometimes more often.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I heard Sandra say that over 17,000 gallons have been sold so far and it isn't even June!

She also said that NINE formulas have sold out. Which one am I missing?

Men

Faith

Hope

Joy

Love

Strength

Indigo
Pet

@World Traveler 

Woah!  WEN Pets has even sold out!  I'm glad Toby bought his during Chaz's first show!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife I didn't realize that there were TWO scents for the Pets. My, my, Mr. Toby now has choices! ha! Although I think you usually use your CC, right?