WEN

Respected Contributor

Hi World Traveler!  Yes he is!  That was after I ordered my second canister of dry cleanser!  LOL!!!!  It works like a charm too!  I have oily scalp.  I spray at the root area first, you know, I just section with fingers, spritz each section then spray mids all around.  Wait a few minutes and shush it in and brush all different ways, VOILA!  No more greazy hair!  LOL!!!!  It has the honey complex and the four tea complex.  He uses something like volcanic ash or clay to absorb the oil.  Whatever it is, it's good for the hair.  Chaz would never release something damaging.  It's a keeper.  Thank you for posting about the sale.  I got an email telling me but I already placed the order and they sent it out, so maybe next time?

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

The code will work on everything, not just the dry cleanser Smiley Very Happy

Nice catch on that!  Good work!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for letting me know the ingredients, Yangya, now I know I can't use this new product, so I won't buy it, I'll stick with the Philosophy spray I currently have.  I don't need a dry shampoo very often, though I had to use it this week for two days after a "piggyback perm", but it's nice to have on hand.  Wish I could use Chaz's, but with that honey complex in it, I know better

Respected Contributor

Hi CamilleP, that's a shame that the honey complex, you can't use.  There's other Wen stuff with the honey in it too.

I saw on periscope that Chaz is gonna offer the Bella face/body cleanser in September.  He was saying that the curl cream is not what they want to sell because anything with curl in the name....but it's good for all hair types.  I know this curl creme has been in existence for some time but I think only in his salon.  It's not on the Q or on Chaz's own site, yet.  I don't know when he'll offer that but when he does, I'm in.  He was saying that the cleanser has hyloronic acid and other amino acids that really drove up the price, something like that but he was answering people on periscope so I didn't get quite every detail in that.

The dry cleanser is great for anyone with oily scalp.  It makes hair like "beachy".  It makes hair have definition and separation.  It does absorb the oil but I cannot go more than two days without wet cleansing.  I do love what it does to my hair though.

Respected Contributor

Yes, most of the seasonals are off my list, as is the non-toner Bella Spirit CC.  Thankfully, some of the original seasonals like FGP and WVM are okay, as is the newest, WWF, and the Bella Spirit Indigo, which I really love.  Since I cleanse nearly every day, I will make do with Philosophy dry shampoo. 

Respected Contributor

Hi CamilleP.  Wow, that really is a shame.  I'm sorry.  The Bella plain one is my favorite.  I DO love the Indigo too because it tones down my platinum, (which I can't stand) LOL!   If you can use the plain one, that one really bumps up my hair.

Wow, I'm really sorry you cannot enjoy most of the seasonals.  Well, my dental issues are not doing so hot either.  I lost the best tooth I had.  It's the largest molar we humans grow.  I think more work needs to be done and then a permanent bridge has to be installed.  They did impressions but the area is still very angry.  But hey, I have great hair and great skin!  LOL!!!!  Now, if Chaz would only go into the dental end of things.  hahahaha  LOL!  Just kidding....Just wanted to make ya laugh. XO

Frequent Contributor

Help!  I've been using it for a week and I can't get volume or anything from it.  Smells great but nothing happens with my hair.  Zero. Zilch.  And I'm following directions.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi @LucysMommy 

I used way too much of the dry cleanser at first.  Now, I even use it after freshly blown out hair.  I use just a small spritz on top, not underneath any sections or I spray my fingers and immediately rake in mids and ends.  It sprays out very forcefully so a quick spritz, I feel is all that's needed.  I never used a dry cleanser before so I'm experimenting and I love what it does for me.  Chaz will soon do a demonstration though, I'm sure.  Hang in there!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN - Dry Cleanser

[ Edited ]

@LucysMommy  @77yangya ,

Thanks for posting.  I'm sure a lot of us are trying to evaluate whether this new product will have a practical use for us or not.

I think this would be used only occasionally as a substitute for a CC wash by most people.

Are you usually a daily hair-washer in winter?

In the time you've been using it have you substituted actual CC cleansings with the dry cleanser instead?

If yes, how do the results compare?

Is this spray invisible on hair, skin, dark clothing? Or is there the typical powdery look?

I'd love to hear some specifics about your practical hands-on experience using the product before it debuts on QVC.

Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

Hi Hedge,

I think it depends on how you want your hair to be like.  Mine is like the model, Amy only shorter and platinum (color not by choice).  Anyway, another poster said it made their hair weighed down.  Now, I have used too much at one point.  I lifted sections and spritzed and it was too much.  Since I've never used a dry cleanser I'm kind of at a loss as to which method is right.  Anyway, I use it like this now.  Oh, by the way, it spritzes out like a fire hose!  Very forceful, but I like that.  Right now, since there are no demos to go by, I simply blow dry my hair and spritz it onto my hand, and quickly rake into mids and ends and smooth over rest of head.  I can bearly feel it on my hands but it creates definition and separation for me.  This is what I like.  In another post, I mentioned that everyone is looking for something different in their hair and what they want it to be like.  I got it because it wasn't a very high priced item and anything Chaz makes I know will be amazing!  I'm kind of waiting for Chaz to demo it.  Maybe when he comes back in April he might.  I hope this helped.  XO  My hair type is like "European" hair with oily scalp, some wave.