WEN

Esteemed Contributor

WEN Chat November 2018 šŸƒ

Hello fellow Wenners! 

šŸ It's time for changing clocks, raking leaves, and dragging out the space heaters. Hope you're all ready for November, recognized as the cloudiest, most grey, overcast month.

I combat November gloom by making the most of WEN aromatherapy.

I already have my eye on making my January 2019 Wenventory, and boo-hoo, I know already it's going to be too big!

So I'll be busy this month using up a lot of WEN odds & ends, partial bottles, one-of-a-kinds to get my stash total down! down! down!!!

In truth, I haven't recovered from earlier this year when I got WEN-Spring-Fever, and went on a buying craze that's JUST slowing down now.

My stash overflowed my WEN cupboards, and I had to move all the unopened containers to the basement. 

oh woe šŸŒ¾

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Chat November 2018 šŸƒ

Hi Hedge!  Great that you started Novmeber Wen Chat!  Yes, I'm ready for November.  I like getting all warm and toasty in the evening with a drink and something good on TV and the kitty all curled up on my lap.

I remember when I visited my father WAY upstate NY and on the drive, I went through snow squals and clouds and sun.  It was beautiful.  I miss those days but what can ya do. 

Oh, do I do Wen aromatherapy!   YES, YES, YES!!!!!!  I hear ya, my Wen stash is overflowing too and I'm not an organized person!

OH HEY!  I forgot!  I LOVE when we get the extra hour back.  YAYYYYYY!!!  This Sunday!!!!  I was looking at that in August!  HOO HOO boy!  I forgot until you posted.  HEY you just made my day!!!!!   XO

Respected Contributor

Hedge, I applaud you for trying to reduce the WENventory!  I did the same thing this year, without the Spring Fever, so I started from a less scary place, thankfully.  I now have nothing in my WEN products to which I know I am allergic.  I'm still going to use up some formulas that don't do me much good, like BGT.  It worked fine before the perm, but now it's not moisturizing enough.  I'm planning on getting down to just TT, Fig, FGP, WVM and Indigo.  I like SOB and SMC, but not nearly as much as FGP and WVM, and I'd rather stock up on the ones I love and let the others go.  I also want to stock up on Indigo, so I can use it more than once a week!  I will wind up with some formulas of 16oz CC in TSV kits now and again that I am either allergic to or just don't want to stock up on, but those will be transitory in the  WENventory, so I won't worry about them.  I may be less willing to order TSV's in the future if they have such products.  I think I probably should have ordered that CC/oil duo that was on special in October in TT, and canceled my TSV a/d, I think it was actually a better deal overall.  I need to check the Q's inventory, maybe that deal is still on?

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge - Thank you for starting us off for the November Chat. 

I too have been trying to reduce my wenventory. I really did not purchase much the last couple of times Chaz was here (just the 16 oz FFA). I did get some styling cream and of course, the Bella Spirit duo. 

My plan is to use the ones that are very low in the bottle first then keep going until all of those are gone. I will also use up the ones that are either a little too drying or don't perform as well as others and alleviate that inventory.

Trying to wash more so I can accomplish this plan before year's end. Wish me luck, lol.

BTW, can't believe it's November already. Wish I could say the weather here has cooled down but alas it has not.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP, the offer you refer to ended last night.

In the changeover from October to November, the QVC inventories dropped from 155 to 139 WEN products.

@riley1, A while back (2015? 16?)  I worked out a reasonable plan for reducing my WEN stash. (Sounds a lot like yours!)

By then I'd tried much of what WEN offered, I thought seriously about what I get the most from, and established a final goal.

I successfully worked toward that goal for at least a year (before I caved in to new launches).

The original goal was:

reduce to only one fav Seasonal per season (or 4 total), only TT in Classics because it has medicinal value, eliminate the rice and the 613 completely, go for 319 in many of the ancillary to minimize duplication.

Since that time, TT totally stopped my chronic itchy scalp, to the point I very rarely use TT at all anymore.

Plus, Chaz has introduced new products that work well for me, and I've completely revamped my ancillary lineup.

So time for me to set new goals.

Currently, my only rule is not to buy anything that's going to sit on the 'unopened' shelves when it arrives.

If I'm out of something and its going to be of continued use, then ok, I'll buy it.

@riley1, the only problem was, I had wash after wash after wash, using only the formulas I liked the least. You may become tempted to toss some out to hurry the process along.

Only 60 days left.

I'd better go wash my hair!!!  

wash-hair-black_94c0f627-c726-40a7-9089-e2c715ee4b45.jpg

Respected Contributor

I figured as much, Hedge, that's the story of my life, a day late and a dollar short.  I've quit buying lottery tickets, I know I will never win anything, ever.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for starting us off @x Hedge. Happy November fellow Wenners! Uggh I hate this time of year because of the time change. We have been pretty lucky so far weather wise but tomorrow it's all about to change. I will be settling in with my oils for sure.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks like there's a live WEN show on Beauty iQ tonight from 9PM-10PM EST. Courtney Cason is hosting & I'm assuming it's with Gina. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone was holding off ordering something waiting for a live show.

I still don't understand the whole quota thing, but I think it counts towards Chaz's future time on air if it's ordered during a live show with Gina also? Maybe someone else can weigh in on this Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So I was browsing inventory and found the Pom finishing treatment creme in stock.  I remember that when I was wearing my hair in a pixie cut that was the product several people recommended I try to keep some sort of body and style in my short hair.  Now that my hair is shoulder length, I am hoping that this creme will revive my perm's waviness a little bit.  I think the useage directions say to use on dry hair, is that how any of you who use it do it, or do you put it on wet hair like leave in, SC etc.?

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP a pea size on dry hair. Chaz always said u wouldn't like it if you used more