WEN

Regular Contributor

@ANewHue 

So very sorry for your loss Heart

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue I am just now reading about your loss.  I am so very sorry.  I cared for my mother as she walked her last mile and I understand completely how big it all is.  Take good care of yourself and don't push too hard to be 'back to normal'.  Your mom is worth every single one of your tears. Heart

Esteemed Contributor
@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow in the wee hours of the morning of my mom’s burial I saw your post and I cannot begin to tell you how touched I was that you took the time to reach out to me. Actually while reading your post I actually broke down for the first time. I know of your heartache the past few years and I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. What you have endured is unimaginable and I’m happy that you recognized that you needed to step back and take time for yourself. Time to heal the best you can. You have always been a huge support to Chaz and I’m sure your decision was not an easy one to make. Our fur babies are certainly a great source of comfort for us and I’m glad you’re spending time with both Dooters and Annie Oakley. It makes my heart sing when I see your posts on FB. It’s been a long difficult journey caring for my mom and like you I am seeking some joy in my future. As of now I don’t know what the future will bring but I’m keeping my head up and know I will find strength in every new day. Please know we wish you well (I shared your story with my DH) in your journey and know we are rooting for you. Perhaps someday I’ll even make it at to Cali and get to finally meet you and Dooters. Stay well. 💕
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Chat - August 2019

[ Edited ]

I have not used WEN for a few years, I never had any problems with his products, but I did not see the results that others had. Therefore, I stopped using them. Last weekend, I did the big chop, no more relaxers,  pressing out, or blow drying for me. I am seeing a natural hairstylist who will help guide me on my journey to having beautiful curls. 

Long story, short my curls were beautiful when the stylist did my hair. She has her own product line, and I purchased a few items but not her cleansing product or deep conditioner.   I have products at home that I would want to use up first. I don't like to waste money. Mid Week I washed my hair with a natural product, and it was just meh... Looked nothing like when the stylist did my hair.

This morning, I decided to use WEN Summer Mango Coconut. I have a few bottles of products left over from an old TSV that offered different scents in the 16 oz. bottles. WOW!! JUST WOW!! My hair looks exactly as it did when I left the stylist. I could feel my hair blooming as I was  cleansing.  I will not be using any of the other products that Chaz sells but I am impressed and will continue to use his cleansing conditioners. My personal belief for other AA's is that his products work best for our hair in our natural state. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello  @icezeus . Congratulations on doing the big chop, and the decision to embrace your natural curly texture.

Like you, I dislike wasting money. When I started using WEN I put all my other hair products away in the closet, "just in case" I wanted them.

After many months I still couldn't let go, but moved them all to the back of the closet. After another year or more I finally was ready to toss them out.

By then I'd learned more about properties of hair care ingredients, and  I saw for myself Chaz does choose the best ingredients. There was a lot of hair stuff I'm my closet I'd never put in my hair again.

After using every combination of WEN products for my leave in, simply Wen oil added to WEN cleansing conditioner or Remoist is all the leave-in I use much of the time. 

With just that, applied via Curly girl squish, my curls dry soft, moist, defined. The only thing I use outside of the WEN line is LA green gel, which would be totally impractical for Chaz to produce, since a big bottle costs far less than Q's $3.50 shipping.

I like the WEN define &enhance aka 'curl cream', and some other WEN styling products, but just saying don't feel you need to use every WEN product to get good results on your curls.

You may be interested in reading thru an older thread. Unfortunately a lot of WEN users posting on there have since gone to other forums to talk about WEN.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Any-Women-of-Color-WEN-Users-Out-There/m-p/430716#M95414

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge 

Thank you for the link to the older thread. I even saw some posts from myself, and several  from a poster that I am friends with on a private board. I believe that part of my problem before was that I would never commit to chopping off all of my hair. I would try transitioning for a while, and then relax it again once it became too difficult. No choice anymore, it's gone. LOL

I believe that I will stick with his Cleansing conditioners only, as long as they continue to work of course. One thing that my hairstylist told me was that curly's put to much product in their hair. Keep it simple and consistent no matter what you use. 

I am going to try to start hiding some of my other products, and gradually dispose of per your suggestion. 

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue 

I haven’t been in the WEN forum lately so please accept my belated condolences on the loss of your mother.

I also was caregiver to my mother in her last days, so I know how difficult it’s been and how different your life is now.

Take care.

🙏🕊❤️

Honored Contributor

From Chaz:

Hunter resting up for our trip to Pennsylvania for QVC and New York next week.

Hunter.jpg

Honored Contributor

From Chaz:

Who wants to go to Pennsylvania for QVC and then New York?

Chaz3dogs.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Chat - August 2019

[ Edited ]

Don't forget to vote for the beauty awards.....and vote on all devices you have (computer, iPad, phone, etc.).

We want WEN to win so Chaz will continue to be on QVC due to popular demand!

More WEN presentations mean more chances for great deals that Chaz always brings us!