WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Monthly Chat - August 2019

@77yangya - Just received my packge of the defining creme - could you explain how you use it? Would this be a replacement for the treatment creme (the tube one) I was using? TIA

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@77yangya - Just received my packge of the defining creme - could you explain how you use it? Would this be a replacement for the treatment creme (the tube one) I was using? TIA

Hi Riley1,  Are you referring to replacing the one that comes in Pomegranate?  If so, the Bella in the tube is kind of like the same thing only BETTER.  Now, this is how they explained that to me.  The Defining Creme in the pump bottle, I use it on soaking wet hair.  I take a dime size and emulsify in hands and apply to ENDS and mids but not root area.  I do that after my CC leave in.  They told me it can be used mixed with mousse!  It's very concentrated, a little goes a long way.  The Finishing Creme, I used on dry styled hair and it's wonderful but I tried it on wet hair too and that worked nicely.  They actually told me that even THEY are still learning as it is so new!  I'm still experimenting but it makes my hair more toned down, not so brassy, so much easier to manage and soooo soft and shiny and bouncy.  I wish I could help more and I was hoping Chaz would do a demonstration on periscope but I have not seen any yet.  Since these items are on his site, my guess is that he'll bring them to the Q in late Sept. when he returns.  (I hope) lol!  These Bella items have so many pluses.  The smell does not linger, it's quiet and fleeting so any scent you want to wear, it will not interfere.  If I find out anything about these, I'll post it.  Let me know how you like them!

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya - thanks for the info. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@World Traveler - I would think 4 or 5 sets would be good, lol. And, if you are close enough where shipping is only a couple of days it might not "melt". 

BTW, I still can't figure out why your name is not highlighted when I @ you.

@riley1 Since @World Traveler 

's name is two words, you have to hit the return key after her name in order to highlight. HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@77yangya - thanks for the info. 

Hi Riley1, oh, sure!  This morning, I tried using the Enhancing Creme, the one in the pump bottle, I mixed it with my styling creme!  I just took half a pump of the Enhancing Creme and mixed it with one pump of the Melon Mint Styling Creme.  I let it air dry for around an hour and it's still pretty damp then I blew it dry.  WOW!  My hair is like I just walked out of a salon times a million.  What swing and bounce and shine.  I think I'm gonna use it this way.  I'm sure Chaz will soon do a demo on it.  It IS DEFINITELY a game changer though.  I knew the model, Katie, her hair changed drastically from one visit to the next and has been SUPER amazing ever since and I'm convinced it's this that did it!  The Indigo doesn't hurt either but my 32s go quickly and I'm a bit stingy with my Indigo but this Enhancing Creme will last a LONG time!!!!!  I hope you love it as much as I do!  Like Chaz says, everyone should enjoy their hair!!!  XO

Trusted Contributor

@77yangya I think I used too much. I used 4 pumps of the defining cream last night and went to bed with wet hair ( I never do this ) I used this in place of styling creme. I woke up with WILD hair, but my waves did have defined curls, which was different for me. I used another 3 pumps or so on my dry hair and then I had REAL curls, no more waves. I will cleanse today, and I wonder how much I’m supposed to used, and if I should mix it with styling creme. Trial and error, but WHOA, I have real curls. I have petty long hair. I’m patiently waiting for a demo with this.
Respected Contributor

@Ilovelife123 wrote:
@77yangyaI think I used too much. I used 4 pumps of the defining cream last night and went to bed with wet hair ( I never do this ) I used this in place of styling creme. I woke up with WILD hair, but my waves did have defined curls, which was different for me. I used another 3 pumps or so on my dry hair and then I had REAL curls, no more waves. I will cleanse today, and I wonder how much I’m supposed to used, and if I should mix it with styling creme. Trial and error, but WHOA, I have real curls. I have petty long hair. I’m patiently waiting for a demo with this.

Hi nolimitshopping!  WOW!  I think four pumps is WAY too much but if you hair is really long and coarse, it may warrant it, I'm not sure.  The directions on the bottle say a dime or quarter size to wet hair.  When I called the salon they told me NOT to skip the styling creme because it's a heat protectant but if you don't blow dry or use hot tools then protection is not needed however, the styling creme is many things more than protection.  It acts like a gloss imparting shine and body, helps fight frizz and other benefits that I can't recall right now.  Anyway, see, even though you used a bit too much, the benefits of it still are evident.  Chaz says to experiment and see what works best for you.  I thought well, the styling creme and this new Bella thing are kind of "creamy" why not mix them together.  I was told to mix it with the mousse but the mousse is foamy.  I DID try mixing with mousse and it did come out nice but it came out way better mixing with the styling creme.  I tried it by itself and that was good too but mixing it with styling creme is my favorite.  After I blew it dry it was so swingy and bouncy even WAY more than usual and it's HOT and HUMID here and NO frizz and I had to go on an errand with NO air conditioning in my car and again, NO frizz.  When I phoned, they asked me what hair type I have.  I told them it's wavy and they said OH, you're gonna love this.  I blow dry with round brush and it becomes sleek and swingy and bouncy.  I like the separation texture it gives too.  I was really taken by surprise when I was almost done drying and had an itch on my nose because the hair was tickling me there as I was blowing around and I pushed my hair back to rub it and noticed the amazing texture immediately.  Chaz really topped himself again!  I knew the very first time that I tried the Bella lip line that anything in Bella would be the very best on the planet.  I'm so glad you like it!!!!  I'm waiting for a demo too!  I believe QVC tells the vendors how and what they can sell so being that the gallons were center stage the Bella stuff will probably be offered next visit or maybe even later, I don't know.  I only know when you posted about the Bella Dry Oil I saw the other things and bam!  Had to have them all.  I got the dry oil with the code though.  The other things are not that expensive but worth every penny.  I've tried products that were way more expensive and did nowhere near the wonderful job Wen and the Bella line do!  Oh, you have long hair so you'll need more than I.  Apply to ends and mids mostly.  I tell ya, it's the best thing yet!  The Finishing Creme is wonderful too.  Just apply to freshly styled hair.  I always said Wen is truly remarkable.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@77yangya I have the finishing creme but haven’t tried it yet. I’ll place one more order today when I narrow down my “want list” 😂 I emailed customer service and they said what you did, about 1/2 a pump. I made sure to include in the email how much I’d used, and they also said “do what works” I will definitely add styling creme today. Usually remoist is my first step for leave in, so it’s nice to branch out. More SC,  less enhancing cream. I always air dry. I’m on it! LOL! 

Esteemed Contributor

After a Wenwash I've been using Remoist instead of CC, topped by two to three pumps of the curl enhancer for my longer hair, topped by a squirt of treatment oil.

I keep all 3 products a few inches away from the scalp.

Esteemed Contributor

The WEN curl enhancer ingredients are superb, the product is effective, and I don't mind paying that price. 

💠 ➖ 💠 ➖ 💠 ➖ 💠

I sure wish the curl enhancer were unscented. That lavender note in Bella dominates everything and lingers. I'll still be smelling it tomorrow. :-[