WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Candles

[ Edited ]

So, I started a new candle yesterday, Tuscan Pear, staying within the three-hour guideline on the box. Three hours were not enough to make it have the wax melt from one side to the other side of the glass. Smiley Sad

So, even though I stopped it from burning beyond three hours, I now have a funnel effect, which makes for other problems. I checked on the Internet and found some information. Basically, your first burn should go from side to side, like I had been doing it. From my experience, the WEN candles I have burned required me going longer than three hours to achieve that.

Think I will go back to what I was doing instead of what the instructions say. Smiley Surprised

Also, I watched a Gina presentation on the candles and she said the candles should last two months. Mine last two weeks, but I burn them around four-five hours a day. Obviously, it really depends, of course, on how long you burn them whether they will last two weeks or two months.

The other thing I learned on the Internet was NOT to burn below 1/4-1/2 inches from the bottom. I always end up with that small amount and feel like I am wasting it by throwing the remaining away. But the information made sense. When it gets that low full of liquid, the wicks start to float around and that will cause them not to burn evenly when you have more than one. Floating too close to the glass container can cause blackening of the glass and probably other problems.

So I am going to stop burning the Tuscan pear, let it solidify, then take a butter knife and trim the sides off so the next time I burn, the liquid will go from one side of the glass to the other side. I imagine I could slowly put bits and pieces of the trimmed wax back into the pool and eventually combine it. Hate to throw those trimmings away.

Here are a couple of sites I checked out. There are more on the proper way to burn candles.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/interiors-entertaining/advice/a3674/how-to-burn-a-candle/

https://www.thisisinsider.com/right-way-to-burn-a-candle-2016-11

Frequent Contributor
@World Traveler ~ great info, thnx 👍🏻
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - Well, today I finished my FGP candle Smiley Sad

So, I burned it as long as it took to melt all the wax in the bottom, took out the wicks then poured the remaining liquid into a tart warmer to cool. Then I scraped out the soft wax and put that in another tart warmer.

I peeled the label off the jar and now have it soaking in HOT, soapy water.

Not a thing went to waste! 

Honored Contributor

@riley1 WOW! You really don't waste a thing! ha!  Good for you. Heart

My favorite candle so far of the six I purchased is the Fall Ginger Pumpkin. It was hard to say goodbye to that one when it got down to the bottom, although not as "down to the bottom" as you are able to do. LOL!

What do you do with the glass containers when you have taken off the label? It seems like they would make great containers for candy/treats during the holidays. Or maybe holding cotton balls and some beauty items in the bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler - I plan to use the jar as a candy holder unless I find some other use for it. 

Honored Contributor

@riley1 That's what I was thinking. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@77yangya Sometime back you mentioned the Hope candle and that you thought it would be really good. Yesterday I opened up the Hope box and the scent was the strongest of all of the six candles I recently purchased, without even burning it.

To be truthful, it is the only candle that I am not enjoying. Now that I am burning it, personally it is too heady...too strong. Doesn't mean anyone else will find it that way; it's just not my favorite so far. I am alternating between burning it and Tuscan Pear because I can't take too much of Hope.

I absolutely loved the Ginger Pumpkin, Tuscan Pear, and Vanilla Mint. I still have Love, Light, and Vanilla Pumpkin to burn. I'm wondering if the blessing candles are not my cup of tea. Think I will try Light next, then Love, and end up with Vanilla Pumpkin, which I know I will like.

Honored Contributor

Update on my candle burning and reiterating what I said about Hope. Too strong for me, so I just finished the Tuscan Pear candle that kept going while trying to use up Hope. 

After finishing with TP yesterday, today I started burning Light with Hope. Like TP, the Light helps tone down the strength of Hope, so I am enjoying it when I mix it with something lighter in scent.

I will probably be finished with Hope after this weekend. I think it has another 6-8 hours left in it. It has been the strongest of all the candles I have burned so far.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone received and burned their Winter White Forest candle yet? Mine is still in transit. Since I like the cleansing conditioner so well, I am quite sure I will LOVE the candle.

Just wondering what the overlying scent is when it is in a candle. Strong spearmint? Strong sandalwood? Strong vanilla? Or just equal parts of the main ingredients?

Honored Contributor

Just received my Winter White Forest candle today; quickly opened it up, and WOW! I really do love this scent. The candle is great. I will be eager to start burning it. Finishing up on a couple of the blessing candles, then want to dig into this one for a wonderful smell in my bedroom.