WEN

Honored Contributor

YAAAAY! Now all SIX of my candles have changed from Advance Order to In Process. Going to have a great smelling home with these candles. Heart

Super Contributor

I have the Fall Tuscan Pear candle from last year and it's lovely. I had put it away initially, so I think I've only really started using it within the past few months and I'm close to  halfway down the container. I always try to ensure the wicks aren't too long so it doesn't burn unevenly and so far, it's pretty even. Didn't hear about letting it burn for such a long time on the first burn though OOOPs.

I haven't picked anymore up lately, but only because my credit card needs a breather. I would definitely buy more of them.

Honored Contributor

@RipleyGirl Yes, that first burn does seem like a long time. Makes sense, though, when he explains why. But must say I usually only do one hour on candles that are not WEN. I get kind of concerned when the holder/glass gets so hot to the touch after burning for a few hours. I guess I worried it will break/bust open. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Candles

[ Edited ]

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

My six candles shipped today. Smiley LOL

Oh, dear me, where to store all of them until the weather is cooler. They are really big. ha!

Honored Contributor

Good News:  All my candles are 30 miles away from me at a UPS facility. 

Bad News:  All my candles will be transferred to the local post office. I "may" get to see them two days from now! ha!

Oh, well, the weekend should be fun going thru all six candles and sniffing them.....plus the one I got (Light) at the salon, which I am saving to open until the others come.

I do believe I am set for quite a while with all these wonderful-smelling candles! Heart

Super Contributor

Ack I understand the need for having them lit for awhile now. I put my Tuscan Pear one on last night (already partly used) but I couldn't leave it on long enough to warm the sides up, so there's a bit of buildup around the outside. I was standing there thinking I need to let this go longer, but I need to go to bed Smiley Very Happy

Will definitely have to light it earlier tonight.

Honored Contributor

Just received this notice from UPS:

UPS will be in your area and will deliver your package a day early.

Ah.......UPS.......it was due on 9/25; you are not a day early; you are two days late! ha!  Yes, I know, they are referring to getting it to me a day earlier than the post office would have done if they hadn't intervened, but made me laugh. Smiley LOL

Now I am wondering if I should do the 2-3 hours burn for all of them at the SAME time. Boy, wouldn't that be a mixture of scents to my senses.  WOW!

No, I will enjoy each one separately to ensure I concentrate on just one for an evening. Perhaps put it in the bathroom and soak in the tub for a while. Pure bliss. Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Candles

[ Edited ]

Has anyone heard if Winter White Citrus will be available as a candle? I don't even know if he made a candle with WWC last year. I know that I have never purchased it.

He also hasn't done Summer Mango Coconut in a candle, according to his staff when I asked for it this past summer.

I'm burning the Fall Ginger Pumpkin today and loving it! It got me to thinking that I need to get some winter scents during his next visit the end of this month.

Also, I find that even though a certain cleansing conditioner may not be my scent of choice, I can handle any of the scents in the form of a candle. Thought that was interesting. Anyone else like that? Or maybe since you didn't care for a particular scent, you just didn't purchase it as a candle. 

By the way, the candles have been lasting about two weeks each with me burning them from 3-4 hours each evening. Don't know if the different scents and their ingredients makes some of them burn longer than others. Would be a good question to ask him......if the ingredients (oils, etc., which vary from scent to scent) make a difference in burn time.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard how long you can burn candles? I'm home today and started up the Fall Ginger Pumpkin again. I would like to burn it all day, but wonder if there is any danger of the glass cracking. It is quite hot.

I assume glass that any candle is put in is safe, up to a point. However, I wonder if it can withstand burning all day....10-12 hours.

Anyone a real aficionado on candles with knowledge of the safety of the container when burned for long periods of time? Do not see anything written on the box that says one should not burn it longer than such-and-such a time.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler 

Hi! Hope you're well. You've asked a great question. I'm certainly not an aficionado but just did a quick Google search and the only thing I saw repeated was three hours. This was suggested to avoid wax buildup on the inside of the glass container. Other safety issues addressed were common, sensible responsibilities we all innately abide by, or should hope...

I don't how how helpful this is for you and anyone else, it's just what kept popping up.

I did see regarding the 1st burn or priming a candle to burn an hour an inch per the diameter. I don't recall burning my Wen candle that long to form the wax pool. Just passing this along.

I have an AD coming up and have to decide if I want to double up on the FFA or change to the FGP, which is sooo nice. Big decisions, lol. I'm hoarding my WVM for a cold snowy nite. Enjoy the rest of your day off. ♡♡♡