WEN

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler I burn vandles all day in various holders. It has only been a problem when down to the end and is super hot. Most burn out on their own. Just keep an eye on them. Alao, I live in FL and buy candles year round. What gives?

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS Thanks for doing some research.

As to the initial burn, Chaz has mentioned that the first burn should be at least two to three hours to create the pool. That's what I do......on the initial burn I watch to ensure that the liquid wax creates a complete pool, from one side of the glass to the other side. Sometimes that is two hours, sometimes more. Guess the ingredients or size of container determines how fast/slow that takes.

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch I would love to burn candles all year round, but sometimes when it is over 100 degrees where I live, I really don't feel like it. ha!

I notice the glass is hot, but in the case of Chaz's candles, I keep the container in the bottom half of the box it comes in, so that helps not to ruin anything it is sitting on. But when I touch the sides, I sort of wonder if it is going to explode one of these times.

Today I let it burn long enough to where I could see the bottom of the glass and could move the wicks around at the base. I stopped it burning for a couple of hours. Back up to burning it again now. 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler

The box might be holding more heat around the glass instead of allowing it to dissipate. Just a thought.....

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn Oh, darn! Didn't think of that. Going to remove it. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

You're Welcome @World Traveler

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@World Traveler Just let it burn but keep an eye on it. I have had glass bust and it didn't explode just broke. It' not like a pressure cooker exploding. 

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch YIKES! So, did wax run all over the place where you had it sitting when it bust?

Valued Contributor

No it was at the end and was just oo hot. It was a cheap candle holder. I only had it happen once with heavy crystal, and it was burning over the edge. As long as the wicks are centered they should burn out on their own.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge Thanks for the information. Indeed, the details are on the bottom of the candle. Never thought to look there, as none of his other products that I have, have the information on the bottom of the item. It is usually on the packaging (box) or on the bottle/container itself.