WEN

Trusted Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

I've been watching Periscope tonight from Chaz's summer party. This is the Summer Party he hosts of which we (loyal WEN fanatics) were not invited too (probably smart thinking on Chaz's behalf, lol), but luckily, could watch via periscope! 

This is what I've learned:  

Chaz has purchased property in NYC to open a flagship store (offering products and blow outs, not a full salon).  I've not over heard / read / or learned of any time line to open. ***yay NYC*** 

I believe I over heard Chaz is working on an EDT in SHL, aka lilac. Someone smelled JoAnn, she said it was something Chaz was working on and it was floral. The person smelling JoAnn said something about lilacs. I think we do know from the Spring shows on the Q, Chaz wanted to bring a Lilac EDT and QVC "talked him out if it".  After the Q kept selling out the new spring line, SHL, I believe Chaz was kicking himself for not listening to his gut and pursuing the SHL EDT. 

None of this is certain, but I feel we are on the right track. 

I will TOTALLY go see him in NYC!! I mean, it will be a little travel, but I'm on the east coast, so it won't be difficult.

VERY exciting about the EDT!

Valued Contributor

That Lilac EDT would be mine! My boyfriend loves how I smell whenever I use the lilac RTM or oil....I must have more lilac!

Respected Contributor

I would love a honey lilac EDT!!! I love the scent! I think I heard someone on the forum say he was working on a Tuscan pear EDT, too. I hope he is going to do all the seasonals. I would also like a white citrus EDT and a mango coconut EDT. I can always hope. Also, I wish he would offer these in  smaller bottles like maybe 1 oz. because I know I will want one in every season, lol. I am one of those girls that when I like something, I want it in every scent available. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

For real?? The possibility of SHL EDT?  Okay, I might be on board for this one........but I would be ALL OVER a SOB or SMC perfume. A girl can dream, right?

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Suz585 wrote:

I've been watching Periscope tonight from Chaz's summer party. This is the Summer Party he hosts of which we (loyal WEN fanatics) were not invited too (probably smart thinking on Chaz's behalf, lol), but luckily, could watch via periscope! 

This is what I've learned:  

Chaz has purchased property in NYC to open a flagship store (offering products and blow outs, not a full salon).  I've not over heard / read / or learned of any time line to open. ***yay NYC*** 

I believe I over heard Chaz is working on an EDT in SHL, aka lilac. Someone smelled JoAnn, she said it was something Chaz was working on and it was floral. The person smelling JoAnn said something about lilacs. I think we do know from the Spring shows on the Q, Chaz wanted to bring a Lilac EDT and QVC "talked him out if it".  After the Q kept selling out the new spring line, SHL, I believe Chaz was kicking himself for not listening to his gut and pursuing the SHL EDT. 

None of this is certain, but I feel we are on the right track. 

I will TOTALLY go see him in NYC!! I mean, it will be a little travel, but I'm on the east coast, so it won't be difficult.

VERY exciting about the EDT!

Suz585, I listened to the very beginning of that feed just before bedtime -- my eyes were almost completely closed! -- and I saw him introduce his NYC realtor. I was surprised that she came to an LA party, but I guess she knows a good party. I've forgotten her name but, when he introduced her, for some reason he chose to give her a fake last name. 

I was surprised to hear Chaz say that he had purchased a store. It's likely that he purchased the entire building because people don't generally just sell the storefront space (that's the most valuable space, so people will rent it). Right now, when restaurants are negotiating a new lease, a number of them have just closed shop because the new rental cost is just too high (e.g. $55,000 a month for 950 sq. feet). 

I wonder if the store is in Manhattan (NYC central), or maybe in one of the outlying boroughs (Long Island City in Queens, or in Brooklyn). I can't wait!!!

And thanks for the update on the whole SHL EDT back and forth. I skimmed through the shows I watched and totally missed that. 

While the 613 EDT was not strong enough for me (I was sad about that), I'm really glad that he's branching out into other fragrances. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor
I really hope I inferred correctly on the SHL EDT. I could be completely wrong. I watched Periscope backwards (newest to oldest) and saw he used a lot of SHL RTM while doing JoANn's hair. Guess time will tell! Fingers crossed!
**Suz**
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN - August Chat 2015

[ Edited ]

@Suz585 wrote:
I really hope I inferred correctly on theSHL EDT. I could be completely wrong. I watched Periscope backwards (newest to oldest) and saw he used a lot ofSHLRTM while doing JoANn's hair. Guess time will tell! Fingers crossed!

Suz585, lol, I understand completely!!! 

People aren't using high tech TV cameras for their periscope video feeds... they're just using their iPhones... which are fine for most purposes... but not for audio in a crowded room.

Do you know if there is a way to replay a short snippet of something that Chaz said which was difficult to hear because of the limits on the audio quality? 

I'm usually doing something else when I was listening to the periscope broadcasts this past weekend. I keep pencil and paper right next to me so that I can write down any good Wen info. But sometimes he's a bit vague... and then the audio isn't that great. lol, you've been there, so you understand. 

Thanks again for the update!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen Quick Links Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - QVC WEN forum August Chat 2015  - 

Contributor

WEN Suggestions for coarse textured hair

Anyone's hair changing because of hormones? I am peri-menopauseal and it seems that my texture is really changing. It used to be fine and thin. Now it is more coarse and still sort of thin on top and more curly/wavy than ever. I am using Tea Tree CC for my first cleanse and SHP for my second. SHP seems to be the only CC that gives my hair a soft, clean feel with fewest fly aways. What are the SHP styling products like for those of you have tried them?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Kittytalk

Valued Contributor

Re: WEN - August Chat 2015

[ Edited ]

Bebe777 - it's in the "walking up to the summer party" Periscope over half way thru it's right after LC is telling Juan to have his picture taken. Shortly there after, Chaz tells this older blond lady to smell JoAnn, she smells like Lilacs. JoAnn holds up her forearms and says it's something Chaz is working on.

Knowing what Chaz said in the Spring about QVC not wanting an EDT in Lilac, plus QVC not being able to hold much stock in any of the Lilac products, leads me to assuming (hoping) there could be a SHL EDT in the future.

It was only later in my night that I went back and saw Chaz touched up JoAnn's hair with SHL RTM.

And no, I've not found a way to rewind Periscope. I'm not very tec savvy.

**Suz**
Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

August already, wow!

Hi Wenners!  I got my Wen hair back after the CLV debacle.  I cleansed this morning with FTP.  That's like Prozac for my bipolar hair.  It's lush, full and curly again.

HB, I'm glad to hear that your hair's feeling better. Darn it, some of those Wen formulas just don't treat your right! No wonder you're hesitant to try MIF (though I still think you should give it a try *s*).

Glad to know that you didn't have to figure out how to give your hair a dose of prozac... but since you're a rocket scientist, lol, I have no doubt that you'd figure it out!!! 

Enjoy your lush, curly hair!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

hi bebe!

I'm not hesitant to try MIF.  I'm completely adverse to the idea!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.