WEN

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies of WEN! Welcome to August, boy this summer is just flying by.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Gina on the Q in the middle of the month and more TSV talk for September. 

Lets start chatting . . . . . . .

**Suz**
Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies, 

I bought a small bottle of WEN to try to determine if I wanted to buy the WEN gallons. I got pomegranate, good for all hair types. I liked it, it made my hair so soft and shiny. The problem I had from the first time was TONS of hair falling out. I have bra strap length, thick, layered hair that sheds, I'm used to having hair loss while washing but this was 10 times worse. I have health restrictions and have an assistant that often washes my hair, even she was concerned with the amount of hair loss. I came across a "bash WEN" sight and they all complained of extensive hair loss. I'm wondering if the reason I loose so much while washing is that I follow the instructions and wash more thoroughly than I do with my usual shampoo and the fact that I wash it twice instead of once and then rinse and rinse and rinse that all the extra activity is the reason for the excessive hair loss. That's the only difference other than the WEN. I like the results afterwards and think WEN has to be better for my hair than regular shampoo but am worried about the hair loss. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do about it? I didn't buy the gallons but would buy next year and buy this year even not on sale if my hair would stop falling out. I do comb out my hair before washing to get the loose hair out so that's not the problem. I stopped using the WEN after 6 times and went back to my old shampoo and conditioner and the hair loss is back to the same amount I lost with washing before WEN.  Help! Suggestions please!

Respected Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

Hi Ladies of WEN! Welcome to August, boy this summer is just flying by.  

I'm looking forward to seeing Gina on the Q in the middle of the month and more TSV talk for September. 

Lets start chatting . . . . . . .

Thanks for gettin us started for August! I'm looking forward to Gina's visit in August as well as the Sept. TSV.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Valued Contributor

I'm excited to be a WEN girl right now! My hair has looked and felt great and team WEN is giving us some great products and great deals! Happy August to all the WEN lovelies!

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN - August Chat 2015

[ Edited ]

@jude in denver wrote:

Hi ladies, 

I bought a small bottle of WEN to try to determine if I wanted to buy the WEN gallons. I got pomegranate, good for all hair types. I liked it, it made my hair so soft and shiny. The problem I had from the first time was TONS of hair falling out. I have bra strap length, thick, layered hair that sheds, I'm used to having hair loss while washing but this was 10 times worse. I have health restrictions and have an assistant that often washes my hair, even she was concerned with the amount of hair loss. I came across a "bash WEN" sight and they all complained of extensive hair loss. I'm wondering if the reason I loose so much while washing is that I follow the instructions and wash more thoroughly than I do with my usual shampoo and the fact that I wash it twice instead of once and then rinse and rinse and rinse that all the extra activity is the reason for the excessive hair loss. That's the only difference other than the WEN. I like the results afterwards and think WEN has to be better for my hair than regular shampoo but am worried about the hair loss. Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do about it? I didn't buy the gallons but would buy next year and buy this year even not on sale if my hair would stop falling out. I do comb out my hair before washing to get the loose hair out so that's not the problem. I stopped using the WEN after 6 times and went back to my old shampoo and conditioner and the hair loss is back to the same amount I lost with washing before WEN.  Help! Suggestions please!

Hey Jude! Lol! That reminds me of the song, lol. Anyways, I hope I can help you some. This question about shedding with Wen comes up a lot. I had the same question when I started using Wen three years ago. I noticed more shedding in the shower also. It concerned me, too. However, some of the ladies on this forum reassured me by sharing their experiences. I would like to say that everyone is different and I know that some people are allergic to the ingredients in Wen. However, if you are just shedding a little more, there may not be cause for alarm. I cleanse daily and shed about 10-20 hairs every time I cleanse. I would think I would be bald by now, but I'm not. In fact, my hair is as thick if not thicker now than it has ever been. When I used shampoo, I was constantly picking hair off my clothes, etc, but with Wen, I hardly ever shed during the day. All of my shedding for the day happens in the shower. The normal cycle of hair growth causes hair to shed old hair to make room for new hair. I think people usually shed more when starting Wen because your hair is getting rid of the old hair, to make room for the new, healthy Wen hair. I always have new growth at my part. I shedded more when I started using Wen, probably 50-60 hairs daily. Normal hair shedding is anywhere from 100-150 hairs a day, give or take. I think as long as you are not shedding huge amounts or clumps, you should be okay. However, I would never tell you to continue with Wen if you are concerned or feel you are losing too much hair. There are lots of things that can cause hair loss, diet, stress, childbirth, hormones, etc. You will just have to figure it out for you. That's what I had to do. My hair never felt thinner, so continued using Wen. My hair is healthier now than it has ever been. Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps in some way. I wish you the best!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN - August Chat 2015

[ Edited ]

NOTE: you can also find this in the Wen News - What's Exciting & New (a monthly update) thread.

WEN NEWS -- AUGUST 2015 UPDATE 

Hi everyone!! I hope you all enjoying the lazy, hazy wenderful summer daze!! Smiley Happy 

Suz585 has started the Wen August Chat 2015 thread, so be sure to stop by and chat with everyone!!! Everyone's welcome to join in: the more, the merrier!!! Smiley Happy

I can't believe that it's been a month since Chaz's last June Gallons Month show. I've been enjoying my latest Wen purchases and I really appreciate the specially priced kits that Chaz put together for us. In case you missed the June Wen OTO great value kits, a number of the Wen OTOs are still available at great prices!! 

Based on the great Wen value TSVs, OTOs, and special kits he's offered to us, Chaz clearly takes the time to listen to his customers. And I really appreciate that. -- I'm really glad that our favorite horsey, wendooters, recently made Chaz's perspective crystal clear: straight from the horse's mouth... 

Thank you Chaz, you're always trying to give Wenners the very best values!!!

And speaking of great values, the upcoming Wen TSV for September 5th is going to be great!!! We don't have all of the details yet but between Chaz's tidbits (filmed by bruingirl) on periscope, and wendooters (on his iPad, via Siri)... well, we've nailed down most of the TSV details. Thanks, in particular, to Kitkat21 who spotted the first TSV tidbits and shared them in the Wen TSV for September 5th thread. And thanks to sonechko (#7 & #9), Drythe (#15) and our filmographer, brunigirl (#41), who all added more key info to the TSV thread (apologies if I've forgotten anyone). So, here's what we know right now:

____

The Wen TSV for September 5th is a great value. Essentially, if you've using either the 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner or the 4oz. Treatment Oil, then you're getting the other three Wen products for $5-$10. 

* The TSV will include these four products: 

a)  32oz. Cleansing Conditioner -- regular price $49.50

b)  4oz. Treatment Oil -- regular price $54.50

c)  12oz. Replenishing Treatment MIst  -- regular price $27.00, or $40 on the very few occasions it's been available in the 12oz. size (the "supersize" that Chaz said Wenners have been asking for)

d)  6oz. Styling Creme -- regular price $24.00

* TSV price -- $59 

* From what Chaz has said on periscope, it sounds as though it will be available in all of the Classic (Core) scents: Sweet Almond Mint (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA), and Pomegranate (POM). -- Someone asked if the TSV would be available in TT, POM and LAV. Chaz replied by saying that it would even be available in CA because some people really wanted the CA option. He said there wasn't much CA, so be sure to order it early. -- My sense is that if CA is being included in the mix, then all the other Classic CCs will also be offered and that probably this TSV will be exclusively for the Wen Classics line. 

• If you have trouble keeping all these abbreviations straight just check out the Wen Abbreviations Glossary. -- Additionally, the Wen 101 thread (message #3) outlines the various Wen Cleansing Conditioner lines.

__ 

In the Wen TSV for September 5th thread (message #2), Kitkat21 mentioned that Chaz expected the Wen TSV to be listed in the September 2015 issue of the Insider (InsideQ magazine) which should come out around August 15th. 

Generally the Insider lists the Wen TSV advance purchase order number, so that we can order the TSV in advance. Unfortunately, QVC does not allow us to post this advance order number in the forums. -- For the past few years, QVC had closed the InsideQ membership to new members (no one understood why). But recently, QVC seems to have reopened this membership option. -- Read message #27 of the Hint for upcoming Sept TSV thread for information on how to join (thanks Jen44). -- So make sure you join now, because the August 15th is just two weeks away (it's free to join).

____

But we won't even have to wait that long for a brand new Wen kit! Jen44 shared that there are 8/15 Wen shows with GIna in which she will be presenting a new Summer Coconut Lime Verbena kit(16oz. Cleansing Conditioner & 6oz. Replenishing Treatment Mist). -- As of now Gina's schedule includes a segment in the 8/15 show from 9pm-midnight ET, another segment in the 8/16 show at 3am ET, and a one-hour Wen show (time still to be determined).

____ 

Chaz's QVC schedule for later in September and early October

On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that... 

* He'll be back somewhere between September 17th and 19th ("on September 17th, or 18th, or 19th."). -- Perhaps this is when the 613 and/or the Bamboo Green Tea & Mandarin Italian Fig gallons will be offered. 

* He thinks he'll be back on QVC in mid-October.

____

Via periscope, Chaz shared that there would be no new Seasonals this year (September 2015 - August 2016). While all of the Seasonals (past and present) will be available for this upcoming year (during their respective seasons), next year some of the Seasonals will be retired (Seasonals - which are your favorites & which will be retired?).

On July 25th, QVC had their annual ovarian cancer charity event, Super Saturday Live! (some products are still available), and Chaz's Wen Super Saturday Offer was a Set of three 16 oz CCs (WEN Cleansing Conditioner Trio). The trio included the Spring Green Tea Gardenia, Fall Apple Spice, and Winter Cranberry MInt -- all three were Seasonal Cleansing Conditioners. I think that Chaz was giving us a final opportunity to try these Seasonals. If they continue to be the least popular Seasonals over this upcoming year, probably they will be retired. -- In order to bring out brand new Seasonals a year from now, some of the current Seasonals will have to go back into the Wen Vault.

____ 

Speaking of periscope...

Chaz has been streaming video on Periscope (a division of Twitter) -- In message #2 of this thread, Beautoxica gives a great explanation of how to follow Chaz on Periscope. Follow him on Periscope to get the latest info on everything new in Wen (new products, new unscented line, new fragrance, etc.)... and then please share this info with the rest of us (Spoke to Chaz on periscope). Smiley Happy

____  

There's been a lot of new Wenformation discussed this past July. Below I've included some of the topics that seemed of particular interest: 

Summer Seasonal Scents: New Debut & Two Encores are only available through August 31st (or until they sell out).

* 319 fragrance-free launches on Sept 5th

Bamboo Green Tea & Mandarin Italian Fig gallons are likely to be available for September -- wendooters says the chances are good!! -- On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that he would be back on QVC sometime between September 17th and 19th. Maybe to launch the gallons?

SixThirteen (613) gallons -- for the past two years, Chaz has made the 613 gallons available in the middle of September about two weeks after his annual Fall Wen TSV. Last year, they were available through the end of October. Then, in mid November, Chaz made them available again through the end of November. Chaz has said that they would be offered again this fall.-- On July 30th (via periscope), Chaz mentioned that he would be back on QVC sometime between September 17th and 19th. Maybe to launch the gallons?

Wen MEN's styling products for this fall -- Wen MEN Treatment Oil is has just been added to Chaz's site

* Fall Tuscan Pear will be the next Eau De Toilette (according to Chaz via Periscope -- thanks to QVCBeautyLover, VaBelle35, Doherty & Hilary for this info)

____

And just for fun...

* Watch Chaz & Team Wen this season on Bravo's Flipping Out

* Just what does your Wen Stash look like? There are photos!!!

in bed with Jack  -- to get BackwoodsBarbie's attention (pillow fight, anyone?) Smiley Wink

Wen Henleys (613 and SHP) on Chaz' website (from Wen Dooters) 

* Wenners have been pondering the Frankenbottle Question and the Frankenbottle experiment, hmmm....  Just what do you do when you get to the bottom of the Wen CC bottle and the pump doesn't work?

____

A very special thank you goes out to the QVC Moderator Team for doing their very best to answer all our questions and help us work through the challenges of this new forum format. -- In particular, I'd like to thank Brittany, Kenal, and Beth!! Smiley Happy 

____

Welcome new Wenners!!! 

Enjoy your time in the Wen forum!! Smiley Happy We're a friendly bunch of people with great Wen hair: great hair days just make everything feel better!! Smiley Wink Please join in the fun!!! Smiley Happy

In the Wen News - What's Exciting & New (a monthly update) thread (message #2), you'll find more general information about all things Wen.

Additionally, the Wen FAQ and Wen 101 threads have a lot of general information about Wen. -- The Wen FAQ is shorter and more streamlined, while Wen 101 is more comprehensive but takes more time to look through.

Have a wenderful August everyone!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy Quick Wen Links Wen FAQ - Wen 101 Wen News - QVC WEN forum

last update: August 2nd

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to say again how thankful I am that our Wen forum is back up and running as usual after the change over to the new forums. It was a little sketchy at first getting used to everything, but all said and done, it is better than ever! Kudos to QVC for helping to make sure the change went smoothly and listening to suggestions. Yay for the new forum!!

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I just wanted to say again how thankful I am that our Wen forum is back up and running as usual after the change over to the new forums. It was a little sketchy at first getting used to everything, but all said and done, it is better than ever! Kudos to QVC for helping to make sure the change went smoothly and listening to suggestions. Yay for the new forum!!

Hilary, I've been thinking the same thing the past few days. Smiley Happy

You and aprimo really took the bull by the horns when everything went sideways. You two rushed into action and got us the very first TAG in the Beauty forum when you two created the Wen sub-forum and  then explained how to use it. lol, I was soooo confused those first few days and mad as a hornet!! That gave us a place to strategize. And then Drythe and jaxs mom created us a thread in the Suggestion Box forum -- which we hearted to the max -- that let the QVC moderators know the Wen girls (and guys) really really really wanted their forum back... and that got our forum back!!!  Yay!!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I've looked through a few of the forums which had brands that I would occasionally follow. It's so sad because the ability to communicate information with others who follow those brands seems really diluted now. Honestly, if one of those deleted sub-forums had been for the brand that I followed, I probably would have just left the QVC forums. It's a shame, but that situation makes me even more grateful that we have our forum back. 

And I really like the peace and quiet we have in the My Favorite Brands forum. So far, thank goodness, there's no need for a DTTB (Don't Take The Bait) thread. I know I'm biased, but I really enjoy the spirit of comraderie in this forum, because I can see that's not the case everywhere. And it's a big part of why I hang out here. I can get get the latest Wenformation, relax and have a good time. And I love the fact that the mods haven't felt the need to moderate our posts. That's always a good thing!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@jude in denver wrote:

Hi ladies, 

You have long and thick hair, so it looks like your shedding more than you actually are. I shed a lot of hair, yet many people comment on how thick and abundant my hair is; and I've been using Wen for almost ten years. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

August already, wow!

Hi Wenners!  I got my Wen hair back after the CLV debacle.  I cleansed this morning with FTP.  That's like Prozac for my bipolar hair.  It's lush, full and curly again.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.