WEN

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I just orderd my first bottle of Lavender! It is one of the core CCs I haven't yet tried, even after being a WEN girl for 4 1/2 years! I've recently read comments that Lavender is hydrating, so I'm giving it a try. I've always been a Fig girl, so we'll see how Lavender compares. My core favorite is Tea Tree, so I will alternate using Tea Tree & Lavender for first cleanse, followed by my usual seasonal for second cleanse. Any other Lavender lovers out there? If so, what do you love about it?

I will be honest, LAV is not one of the best CC's for me - it is more on the drying side for me. But, in saying all that, I did order the latest TSV in LAV. I did this purposely bc the Light CC has lavendar in it, so the LAV CC scent-wise works very well with it and the Light CC mixed with the LAV CC is enough moisture to compensate for the LAV being more drying. I didn't need any core CC's, so I chose the LAV purely on scent to compliment the Light CC. (I know, my post probably was not very helpful. LOl!)

It is drying for me too. 

Respected Contributor

@Wannabeincali I had to go take a look at Sedona. First off, hilarious post. Secondly, wow! She looks amazing in that full coat pic. That is some professional grooming. I can definitely see a difference in the quality of her coat to most Shih Tzus I see, even in a show ring on TV.  You sound like my aunt with her Havanese with the baby wipes and teeth brushing! I'll have to give her a break now I know she's not the only one, lol. You're obviously a great dogmom. Cheers!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I just orderd my first bottle of Lavender! It is one of the core CCs I haven't yet tried, even after being a WEN girl for 4 1/2 years! I've recently read comments that Lavender is hydrating, so I'm giving it a try. I've always been a Fig girl, so we'll see how Lavender compares. My core favorite is Tea Tree, so I will alternate using Tea Tree & Lavender for first cleanse, followed by my usual seasonal for second cleanse. Any other Lavender lovers out there? If so, what do you love about it?

@SurferWife LAV is a no-go for me but my boss is hooked on LAV and it seems very moisturizing for her. Chaz model Alicia says the same and credited it with her rapid growth. Two totally different hair types. My boss has colour but no lightening. Brunette on brunette to cover gray. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

@Kjelle

Hi!

Lol. Thanks! Smiley Happy Yeah, I do tend to be a litle bit crazy with her,. Did you ever see the movie Best in Show? The part where to mom goes a little bonkers when her pup's favorite bumble bee toy gets lost? Yeah, well, uhm.....that would be me! Lololl

What can I say? She is precious and brings me so much joy every day. I would do anything for her -Heart  - even so far as to share my favorite WEN! LOLOLOL 

Thanks for the compliments on her! Smiley Happy 

I wish I had known about WEN during her puppy blow coat phase! YIKES, that period almost made me want to send her back to her breeder!! I would spend 1 hour, 3 x a day, brushing and dematting. It was awfu! I quickly understood why show Shih Tzus are kept crated all thhe time (though I could never do that.....ever). But yeah, I could see how letting them romp around in full coat before a show would be a disater. I had to later keep her hair in sectioned rolls, the way show people do with their long haired breeds. She always looked as if she had perm curlers in. lol. 

Once WEN came out and I tried it on her, oh wow! That made both our lives so much easier for grooming time. A total 180 degree change in her hair care. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle...thanks for the insight! I agree that formulas can affect us all differently. That is why I decided to try LAV. Quite frankly, if I don't like it on my hair, then it will become a part of my facial cleanser/body wash stash. Ever since I started using WEN as my facial cleanser, I've stopped buying the standard skin care cleansers.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife I hope the LAV works out beautifully for you. This was the very first formula I started with. My hair was waist length. The results were noticeably remarkable. Shampoo had been drying, and two cleanses left my hair very well moisturized, plump with volume, beautiful waves and tangle free. Intoxicating fragrance. I was in heaven. I still use it plus POM from the cores and the plethora of seasonals to boot. My wish is for everyone to have such good results with their Wen. 

Respected Contributor

I was wondering if anyone has ordered the Beauty Steal today...

A358394  the BGT set or the MIF set?   It looks like a great set!

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has ordered the Beauty Steal today...

A358394  the BGT set or the MIF set?   It looks like a great set!

@quadmimi

Saw it, but still holding out for Gallons!

Way to go Chaz!

HeartHeartHeart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@SurferWife I hope the LAV works out beautifully for you. This was the very first formula I started with. My hair was waist length. The results were noticeably remarkable. Shampoo had been drying, and two cleanses left my hair very well moisturized, plump with volume, beautiful waves and tangle free. Intoxicating fragrance. I was in heaven. I still use it plus POM from the cores and the plethora of seasonals to boot. My wish is for everyone to have such good results with their Wen. 

@rochelleS...I received my LAV a few days ago and have used it twice.  From my first two uses all I can say is I wish I would have tried this formula sooner!  From reading some of the replies on this thread, I was concerned it would be drying; however, (at least after the first 2 uses) it is NOT drying at all.  My hair feels very soft and hydrated to the touch, even today on my non-cleanse day.  Secondly, my curly hair responds to it similarly to the way it responds to FALL APPLE SPICE...the greatest curly hair CC ever invented!  WOW, I haven't even paired them up yet, but I'm going to.  Imagine how awesomly fabulous that pairing will be!

Both days I used LAV for first cleanse & FGP for second cleanse (I was finishing up the bottle to make room for Spring/Summer scents in my shower).  I will try it next with SHL.

Summary...LAV gets 5 stars!  I hope it stays the same over the long haul and doesn't end up becoming drying like others have stated. I bought the 32 oz., so I will be able to give it a really good test.  We'll see how it goes.  I always have my FIG if LAV ends up being too drying down the road.

ALOHA WENNERS!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

@rochelleS...I received my LAV a few days ago and have used it twice.  From my first two uses all I can say is I wish I would have tried this formula sooner!  From reading some of the replies on this thread, I was concerned it would be drying; however, (at least after the first 2 uses) it is NOT drying at all.  My hair feels very soft and hydrated to the touch, even today on my non-cleanse day.  Secondly, my curly hair responds to it similarly to the way it responds to FALL APPLE SPICE...the greatest curly hair CC ever invented!  WOW, I haven't even paired them up yet, but I'm going to.  Imagine how awesomly fabulous that pairing will be!

Both days I used LAV for first cleanse & FGP for second cleanse (I was finishing up the bottle to make room for Spring/Summer scents in my shower).  I will try it next with SHL.

Summary...LAV gets 5 stars!  I hope it stays the same over the long haul and doesn't end up becoming drying like others have stated. I bought the 32 oz., so I will be able to give it a really good test.  We'll see how it goes.  I always have my FIG if LAV ends up being too drying down the road.

ALOHA WENNERS!

@SurferWife I agree that FAS is the greatest curly hair CC ever invented. (My huge FAS stash is proof of that. LOL!) Although I do actually lean more toward wavy/curly, not all-over curly which I believe you are. I didn't have good luck with LAV for my hair, would be drying after awhile. But, in saying that, and bringing up FAS, I was wondering if you've tried the new SCB? I have found it's fantastic for my hair, as actually is giving my FAS a run for it's money. I dare say it MAY be it's equal?!? What?!?! 🙊 I have yet to have a bad hair day when using it as my 2nd cleanse and leave-in. Curious if you have tried it and experienced the same?