WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN - Ancillary Product Use

[ Edited ]

Having used WEN for 3-1/2 years now, I find I want to do things a little differently. One of those was kind of major for me. 

I used to match the ancillary products (styling cream, mousse, texturing spray, glossing serum, treatment mist, volumizing mist, treatment oil, remoist, etc.) to the cleansing conditioner I was using. Well, that got kind of hard, because I was not going thru each of those other products at the same rate I was going thru the CC. Know what I mean?

I was still on, for instance, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, but hadn't finished with the summer or spring styling cream or mousse or whatever season of those other things I was using. So, I would end up with a whole bunch of scents mixed together since I didn't want to stop using one ancillary product until it was empty.

In the past couple of days I have decided that when I finish these other sideline products in their various scent, I think I will just get and stick with one, probably 613/319. So, although I will keep using a different CC each time I cleanse, I will stick with just one kind of styling cream, mousse, etc.

How about you? Do you have a whole bunch of styling creams, mousse, etc., opened up, not fully used? Do you put them away for the season and finish them the following year? Or does it matter to you if you have several different scents going on at once?

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN - Ancillary Product Use

@World Traveler I don't mind having several scents going at one time!  Shortly after I started with WEN, I just decided to have only one open bottle of any particular product at one time...that works for me. My shower stays uncluttered and I know that everything that's in storage is un-opened.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Having used WEN for 3-1/2 years now, I find I want to do things a little differently. One of those was kind of major for me. 

I used to match the ancillary products (styling cream, mousse, texturing spray, glossing serum, etc.) to the cleansing conditioner I was using. Well, that got kind of hard, because I was not going thru each of those other products at the same rate I was going thru the CC. Know what I mean?

I was still on, for instance, Fall Ginger Pumpkin, but hadn't finished with the summer or spring styling cream or mousse or whatever season of those other things I was using. So, I would end up with a whole bunch of scents mixed together since I didn't want to stop using one ancillary product until it was empty.

In the past couple of days I have decided that when I finish these other sideline products in their various scent, I think I will just get and stick with one, probably 613/319. So, although I will keep using a different CC each time I cleanse, I will stick with just one kind of styling cream, mousse, etc.

How about you? Do you have a whole bunch of styling creams, mousse, etc., opened up, not fully used? Do you put them away for the season and finish them the following year? Or does it matter to you if you have several different scents going on at once?

Hi World Traveler!  Yes!  I must have 15 styling cremes and 15 mousses and meeses LOL, open.  Our whole window sill in the bathroom is lined with styling cremes of every season, including 613, Light, etc.  We have the top shelf in the bathroom all lined with my mousses.  I don't open anymore now since I have alot opened.  When these are all used up, I won't open that many side things since it does take up a lot of room.  Good thread.  I was thinking about this myself!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great post!

I don't have much issue as I don't use many ancillary products.  I use remoist once a week to every other week and styling creme only when I know I'll blow dry (I air dry 99% of the time). I've had the the same 3 styling cremes for 2 years now...lol.

But for those that use a lot and want to get down to one scent, a neutral one that goes with everything likely would be best.

Edit- except for oils!  I use those a lot, but mainly just use tea tree!

Respected Contributor

Since I am now winnowing down the CC formulas I am using to just a few favorites, I don't mind having their corresponding SC open at the same time.  When I finish, I will be down to just TT, Fig, FGP, WVM, and SOB.  I've found the mousse, RTM, TS, and other ancillary products just don't do anything for my hair, so I am going to slowly use them up somehow, and not buy more.  What I do use are CC, SC, oil and re-moist.  The only oil I use is TT, so I keep a supply on hand.  I love the seasonal re-moists, but I still don't see the Fall versions available, even though Dooters said they were coming this month.  If I can't get more FGP re-moist, I'll settle for the TT that comes with the September TSV on a/d.  I admit, I am tired of a couple of dozen bottles of SC, TS, RTM and mousse on my counter, and will be glad to reduce that number significantly.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler...I agree the ancillary products outlive the lifespan of the CC. I’m still trying to finish up my WWC mousse before tearing into my FFA mousse. I don’t mind mixing the scents, especially with the mousse. I do like to match the CC & SC because the scent is more prevalent, but everything else (mousse, texturizing Spray, dry Oil) is whatever I have open.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I decided to only use 319 ancillary products over the years to de-clutter my bathroom. It has “mostly” worked. But I prefer the ancillary products in the same scent as CC. I usually put the ancillary products a side once the CC is gone and wait till next season to finish it. If I can get a deal on the ancillary products, I’ll get it. I truly wish the Summer ancillary products would have been grouped like the fall scents, either a trio of products OR a combination of scents. (I’ve said this several times before, I know I sound like a broken record).  I’ve softened my stance to where ever I can get a deal. As long as I didn’t pay full price, I’m happy. 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

I'm with those of you who like to stock up on the deals, particularly the duo mousse sets that he had last year. I didn't realize that they lasted so long (I've since heard him say 9 months for one bottle!), and I went ahead and bought THREE duo sets of the various mousse scents being offered. If his 9-month duration is correct, I purchased 36 months worth of mousse! LOL!!

Never again will I do that! Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I treated myself to another FGP SC trio when the Q had five ezpays this morning, I am finding that I need to use SC every day.  Even if I'm not heat-styling, leave-in alone doesn't keep frizz at bay any more.  I have a classic SC duo on a/d now, I'll switch it back and forth between the two classic CC's I use (TT and Fig) and have matches to all my regular CC's on hand for the forseeable future.

Honored Contributor

I gave up any attempt of matching scents across products. I only have mousse in STP and MIF, because they came in a kit. My main problem comes with the SC. I use at least 6 pumps of SC which means a bottle doesn't last that long. When I was trying to match them to CC use, I had three in my shower. At this point if I'm getting SC in a kit with a core CC, then I always buy CA. I don't like the scent of any of the other core formulas. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval