WEN

Honored Contributor

@Lynnster67 I'm assuming you want to lock the thread so that it is easy to find the most up-to-date one? If everyone wants me to, I could date the thread so we would know it was the most current when anyone does a search.

For instance: "WEN Abbreviations - 2018" Then next year I could call it "WEN Abbreviations - 2019." That way we would prevent really long threads that have been added to year after year.

Does that make sense how I am saying it? It would keep it fresh and prevent having dozens and dozens of replies that would not be pertinent after the updated thread.

I am fine with whatever you all want me to do with this.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler,  I'd appreciate it if you title it Wen Abbreviations 2018 so I know which is the new one which when I do a thread search. No need to retitle it every year.

But @Lynnster67, @World Traveler

you, andany one of us who cares to can lock that thread with the abbreviations to the top of THIS forum. We each view the forum according to our settings, and we don't all have the same settings in place, so mods can't do it.

I have several threads locked to the top in various forums around here so I can find things quickly. 

Just open the thread you want to keep at the top.

Click on 'Topic Options' to the right of the red Reply button.

Click on 'Float This Topic For Current User'.

That thread will now appear at the top of the forum (to YOU)  until you 'un-float' it.

But it won't appear at the top permanently for anyone else unless they float it to the top too.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Lynnster67 I'm assuming you want to lock the thread so that it is easy to find the most up-to-date one? If everyone wants me to, I could date the thread so we would know it was the most current when anyone does a search.

For instance: "WEN Abbreviations - 2018" Then next year I could call it "WEN Abbreviations - 2019." That way we would prevent really long threads that have been added to year after year.

Does that make sense how I am saying it? It would keep it fresh and prevent having dozens and dozens of replies that would not be pertinent after the updated thread.

I am fine with whatever you all want me to do with this.

Hmmmmm. . . i see what you mean.

This 2018 thread will accumulate posts.

You could start a new thread in 2019 and include a link to the 2018 conversation. We could ask mods to lock the 2018 thread to prevent anyone from commenting on the it.

People just can't resist putting hearts and comments on old threads, and it's against standards cuz it causes problems.

That could be done annually so there's only one active thread, but posters could review past conversations on the subject without having to dig for them.

Does that address your post, or am I miss reading the question?

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge I just changed the title to reflect the year so if someone searches for the abbreviations, and a bunch of old ones come up, they will know by the "2018" that it is the most current.

In January, I can start a new post with the 2019 designation in the title, cut and paste just this list into the new thread.

Hope everyone will feel free to let me know of any changes they want or feel is necessary so the list is always up to date. Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone for helping keep this list relevant for the new Wenners!

Respected Contributor

@skittles2  This thread will be very helpful for you Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Abbreviations - 2018

I'll keep updating this as we get new products, and then come January, I will change the date to 2019 so we know which thread is the most current. Heart

If anyone sees any changes that need to be made or something I missed, please let me know. 

Frequent Contributor

It's cool that you guys have and update the list. However, for me the abbreviations are still confusing. I can figure some out on my own, but I honestly can't remember all of them and it's tedious to have to stop in the middle of a post to look up an abbreviation.

I'm not asking you to stop using them, as that's unrealistic. Just voicing how I feel about it. I would like to suggest when you leave reviews and mention specific products maybe not do so much abbreviation there because there's people new to WEN who will be reading and won't know what all that means. I mean, I obviously have no control over anything but just wanted to throw that out there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Dcole3 wrote:
It's cool that you guys have and update the list. However, for me the abbreviations are still confusing. I can figure some out on my own, but I honestly can't remember all of them and it's tedious to have to stop in the middle of a post to look up an abbreviation.

I'm not asking you to stop using them, as that's unrealistic. Just voicing how I feel about it. I would like to suggest when you leave reviews and mention specific products maybe not do so much abbreviation there because there's people new to WEN who will be reading and won't know what all that means. I mean, I obviously have no control over anything but just wanted to throw that out there.

@Dcole3 That's an excellent reminder to us to think of the people who aren't on the board a lot and new Wenners, who may have to stop and think what everyone is talking about. 

In my posts, I really do try to spell out the full name, including the Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer part, and then abbreviate the names for the rest of the post.

You might try something I did when I started with WEN three years ago. I printed out the list of abbreviations and taped them to the side of my computer. It was an easy, quick reference so I wouldn't have to ask "what does that mean?" all the time. After a while I got the hang of it.

But I am glad you posted this so all of us can be reminded that we need to be conscious of others who are reading and trying to understand. Heart

Frequent Contributor

@World Traveler Thanks for understanding. Smiley Happy Some of the posts are like morse code, lol. Because they mention 6 or 7 items and types of sales at once so that 30 - 40% of the post is abbreviated and I'm looking at it like .... Whaaaat? But I understand many have been using for years and I'll be in only a year come next month. Anyway, thanks again. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

FYI.....added the Bella Spirit Traditional (that is what Chaz called it on the presentations) and the Bella Spirit Indigo into our abbreviation list as BST and BSI. Heart

Couldn't get myself to leave the abbreviation as just Bella Spirit = BS.  Smiley LOL