WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME to the 2019 June WEN Chat

@1Professor I'm glad @riley1 was able to help out with the scent description. I'm thinking of trying out the new Strength. I love Light, Love but Hope I adore so much so it's may cool weather signature scent and I have to make sure I have backups ready to go.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1  @ANewHue  @rochelleS & all

I went with Strength.

Waiting . . .

*Now using NEST.

Life fan of Patou's JOY.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor 

Do share your impression of Strength when it arrives, please. I always enjoy hearing everyone's various thoughts. I hope it'll work well for you. Plus you always have the option to exchange if you feel Love, a more feminine fragrance would better suit you. 

Just remember to apply very lightly. This is the most potent of all the Wen edp's I've experienced. ❤

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS 

@rochelleS wrote:

@1Professor 

Do share your impression of Strength when it arrives, please. I always enjoy hearing everyone's various thoughts. I hope it'll work well for you. Plus you always have the option to exchange if you feel Love, a more feminine fragrance would better suit you. 

Just remember to apply very lightly. This is the most potent of all the Wen edp's I've experienced. ❤

Ditto! I can't wear Strength. I didn't purchase it, but I was able to sample it at his salon before it was packaged for resell. To me, it lives up to its name. I am not saying it isn't any good; we all know Chaz's fragrances are wonderful. I'm just saying it is too strong for my sense of smell.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler 

Everyone can be so different when it comes to fragrances. I love the top and base notes in Strength. The mid notes or heart, which takes such a long time to morph on me, has me wondering if I should keep this unique fragrance. Is it my body chemistry or what? that unlike anything else I've tried, takes such an exceptionally long time, several hours to overnight, to dry down! Truly a long time! I just don't know. I do know this is not a norm.

I have returned two Wen edps. BGT was excessively sweet on me, nothing remotely close to the endearing zen like scent of the CC. FTP smelled solely like sweet apple on me. Not awful, but I wanted the pear notes which sadly never appeared.

Editing to add...I've returned three edps. Third being the Coconut Mango, your fav. I never got any coconut on me, which I really wanted to experience. I was very disappointed. Boo hoo. But SHP came out at the same time and that's my all time swoon worthy favorite. Pleased more than words can express, although I have chatted it up quite a bit here 😚! 

I recently read that Apple cider vinegar can effect the ph on the skin. It mentioned using as a topical swipe, not taken internally in this specific reference.  I'm going to experiment and see if it makes a difference with fragrance. Oh, it's the organic "mother"  brand that was recommended. I thought that was pretty interesting. 

Why did my font size change mid message? I didnt touch a thing.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

I bought the Love edp and body treatment tonight during the QVC2 show, thanks for describing the fragrance... I've wanted to try it for a while and decided to go for it! 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol 

Good for you, my friend. I hope you really enjoy the Love duo (who doesn't love Love 💕) I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you get this sweetheart home. 

What's your take on the new Summer Melon Mint? To be honest, I'm a bit confused. I'm unsure if this scent will be similar to the Tropical Paradise with a soft mint addition. I'm sure it has its differences but I can't seem to cull out anything truly separating except the soft mint. I'd be very interested in your thoughts, especially knowing how much we both enjoy the STP. Much thanks.

I did order the 3 pc ODO with the oil, rtm and cc for a test drive but it hasn't shipped yet.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS 

I will let you know how well Love plays with my body chemistry when I receive it... I love florals and used to wear Calyx years ago so I am cautiously optimistic that I'll like "Love" too!

As for the Summer Melon Mint I'm unsure about what to expect. I'm not ordering any CC this visit unless the regular Bella Spirit shows up. I did a Wenventory and have 16 32 ounce and 3 16 ounce bottles of CC unopened and have 6 32 ounce bottles opened in my shower. In addition, I have 6 32 ounce bottles of CC coming in July which will include 2 bottles of the new SMM...

On another note, my Bella Spirit Body Treatments and Dry SPF are  out for delivery today! I'm really excited to try the body treatment! 

My BS Paste is sitting at my Post Office so it will be tomorrow before I get it. After watching the presentation I think this will be the perfect product to revive the curls and add fullness in my hair!

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol 

I suspect you will like the Love, especially being familiar with Caylx. To my nose, the grapefruit topnote is not as pronounced in Love as it is in Caylx. Still, it is very nice. A pleasant scent that many would enjoy wearing.

As an aside, I am trying Tova Summer edp. This hasn't been back for eight years. Not sure if it was reformulated back then or not. But the bergamot, pink cyclamen, calla, and grapefruit notes caught my attention. The good reviews are great and hopefully I'll be able to share the same. We'll see.

I have that same AD trio coming. Since I have plenty of SHP and STP. I'm not sure if I'll cxl or not. I would like to try the SMM. Hence, my ODO purchase, which is stilllll in process. Darn, I wish it'd ship so I can make a decision. Looks like my TT oil duo will arrive tomorrow and maybe the BS paste. Everything else hasn't shipped. I'm excited to hear about your BS Body Treatment and Paste impressions. They're such  awesome products. Looks like the coming days are going to be fun, fun, fun as these products arrive!

Honored Contributor

I have Love & Hope & both smelll so beautiful.  Love is truly "the scent of Hawaii".  Hope to me is the most "perfumy" fragrance.  It's sexy.  I know these aren't technical descriptions, but that is what comes to my mind when I think of each of these fragrances.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.