WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WELCOME to the 2019 June WEN Chat

@rochelleS - Thank you for your reply. 

As I know nothing of the fragrances, I rely on fellow wenners to provide this information.

Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue , Hi! Sorry you had problems ordering. Oddly enough my BFF has had problems like you describe forever. This has always perplexed me as I've never had a problem ordering. She ends up always having to call her orders in. Were you unable to order by phone during the show?

@ANewHue wrote:
Did anyone else experience difficulty plain orders during the 2 hour show? I am so frustrated I couldn't process my orders. Finally I was able to place my order but there were three or four more I wanted to place while Chaz was on air and couldnt. First it wouldn't take my password (yes it was correct) several times then when I hit submit order it locked on me. I remember this also happening last year as well. Couldn't enjoy the show because I was fighting the Q site the whole time

Esteemed Contributor

@rochelleS thanks I remember a time this happened to quite a few of us. I remember calling and telling them I wanted them to credit me for what I was missing % wise from mrrebates and they did. I think sometimes it happens on purpose. I placed my order for the ODO after and I will wait to placenthe other few orders when Chaz is on air. At least my additional SPF oil and Bella spirit unibt went through while he was still on.
Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@1Professor 

Perhaps I can help...

Love opens up with a delightful soft citrus bouquet. Each note seems to come thru for me before they start the dry down and begin to morph into the soft floral base notes. The cheery opening brightness, enveloping floral lightness that follows makes this a very pleasing scent to wear.

Love reminds me alot of Calyx. Originally debuted by Prescriptives, and now available with Clinque.

Strength  opens up with the most delectable grapefruit and blood orange topnotes. There's Lavender that to me, bridges the two. These three notes are very distinctive to me. The blood orange is nicely balanced. It can be quite dominating but not here. 

It's almost as if the Lavender "bridge starts to fall into the mid notes while the base begins to open. As it sinks the bottom notes rise up and I smell the eucalyptus as they meld. On ME, the mid notes took forever to integrate and smelled sharp during this stage. Finally the drydown, like invisible hands, I was embraced by succulent warmth. The sandalwood you like, plus the cedarwood and amber sensuously caress. Strength is then quietly sexy (on me). This is a very potent edp and I'd suggest a very light hand applying. 

Questions?

@rochelleS : You are utterly gifted with words, dear soul! So helpful. You must be a writer!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

You are too kind. Thank you. But no, no I am not a writer, just like to write and talking about fragrance seems to be a very good niche for me. It's a very visual experience for which I try to express in a meaningful, relatable way. I want you to feel what I "see," sense and smell.

Did you make a decision? Do tell! Many 30ml Traveler sizes of edp are available on Chaz's site, in addition to a try me 5 pack with three options to choose from. These purse sizes last a good while too. I really wish they were refillable.

Do you wear any Wen fragrances, or will this be your first?  I have several that are very, very nice. I also combine them with great results. Also 613 layers beautifully with many scents too. ♡♡♡

Valued Contributor

This  seems like a wonderful place to begin. I will be a newbie with this June order. I will start off with large sizes but not gallons this June. I know it is hard to believe that I have not tried this brand before, but I was overcautious because of negative comments by negative people. I am here to say, I am in this!!!

I am 72 with short pixie like hair and will be changing my color from deep red to blonde...I know crazy!!!! I love to try different colors and I have a lot of hair  with a very slight thinning on top. So, I would like recs for CC and what styling products I need. I live in Florida so I worry about hair turning brassy. If you know of any kits that would be appropraite on QVC....let me know.

I will be ordering over the next day or so, so I am gathering info. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I will be reading as much info as I can on this site to learn as much as I can.

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome @sandylu I would recommend you start with one of the many seasonals as Chaz also recommends because they are universal. As far as you're concern with brassiness for your new blonde you may want to try the new Bella Spirit Indigo for your second cleanse. As far as the classic formulas tea tree is always great for hair growth and scalp health. Fig is the most moisturizing. Good luck. You will get a lot of help here .
Valued Contributor

@ANewHue Thanks so much. My salon did say I would need a special shampoo. I will get BellaSpirit as my second cleanse. I will also go with ....maybe Summer Honey Peach and then I need my stying products. I thought maybe the styling cream,mousse,paste. Maybe a re-moist too. Any other suggestions???? Thanks for such quick help.

Esteemed Contributor

A new gal will be joining the Wen models - didn't get her name.

Esteemed Contributor

@sandylu your welcome , love to help. Summer honey peach is a great choice , it's one of my favorites. It's very moisturiZing and the scent is to die for. There is a special on the oil/8 oz remoist in Summer scents which I would recommend to a newbie. I do biweekly oil scalp treatments followed by cleansing and then either overnight remoist treatments or I use a teaspoon as a leave in lately. The oil and remoist are staples.