WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: WELCOME to the 2019 June WEN Chat

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue @Drythe @riley1 @jaxs mom @World Traveler & all:

Thought I had made all my WEN purchases for this trip, but just saw the presentation of

WEN by Chaz Dean Signature Love Body Treatment & 1.7 oz - EDP

and now I'm torn.

For some odd marketing reason, each scent has a separate choice you have to click on, then go back and click on another to get the information.

Has anyone ordered? I'm drawn to either the Love or Strength, would love some thoughts???

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 3.22.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 3.22.24 PM.png

I love plumeria

but also a fan of orange and sandalwood,

though BOTH have many other scents entwined . . .

Honored Contributor

@1Professor 

Wish I could help, but I can't.

Still... wanted to say HI to you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

GRATEFUL I grabbed my Lilac Gallon on the 31st!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler, @yangya - can you give @1Professor some help with these scents?

Occasional Contributor

I was watching a little behind and caught the mousse trio to get my STP mousse to go with my gallon before Chaz was off the air. Happy dance!

Someone mentioned on another thread earlier being surprised some scents were already selling out. During this presentation I got to thinking... I wonder if they intentionally bring in low numbers on some options so they can begin generating buzz with the sellouts. Of course the fact that they are the oldest formulas is probably also a factor as already mentioned.  

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I have tried all of the fragrances. However, Strength (for me) is aptly named. It is quite strong on me. Perhaps it mixes differently with other people's chemistry.

I prefer the lighter scents, like Light.

On the other hand, I'm a real fan of Mango Coconut's fragrance and purchased two of the large bottles last year, which each came with a travel size. I would not consider MC a light scent, but it works well on me, unlike Strength.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@tidegirl72 I don't believe they are bringing in "low numbers on some options so they can begin generating buzz with the sellouts." I believe they are not bringing in as many of  any of the scents because they have/had 32 choices. If you only had, say, eight selections to choose from, then they would have to bring in more for those eight; know what I mean?

They would be left with a lot of inventory, I would think, if they brought in 20,000 (or whatever number) of each scent. I think it must have been hard to decide how many to bring in of each one.

However, I was surprised that Tea Tree seemed to be selling out. I would assume that they would bring in the most amount for the classics; and especially Tea Tree. Good grief! That one has always been a top seller for first cleanse.

Would be interesting to find out how they decided which scents to concentrate on when it came to production.

I did hear Jill say they sold over 20,000 in two days. That's wonderful.

Another good question for a Periscope session. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor 

Perhaps I can help...

Love opens up with a delightful soft citrus bouquet. Each note seems to come thru for me before they start the dry down and begin to morph into the soft floral base notes. The cheery opening brightness, enveloping floral lightness that follows makes this a very pleasing scent to wear.

Love reminds me alot of Calyx. Originally debuted by Prescriptives, and now available with Clinque.

Strength  opens up with the most delectable grapefruit and blood orange topnotes. There's Lavender that to me, bridges the two. These three notes are very distinctive to me. The blood orange is nicely balanced. It can be quite dominating but not here. 

It's almost as if the Lavender "bridge starts to fall into the mid notes while the base begins to open. As it sinks the bottom notes rise up and I smell the eucalyptus as they meld. On ME, the mid notes took forever to integrate and smelled sharp during this stage. Finally the drydown, like invisible hands, I was embraced by succulent warmth. The sandalwood you like, plus the cedarwood and amber sensuously caress. Strength is then quietly sexy (on me). This is a very potent edp and I'd suggest a very light hand applying. 

Questions?

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  You did it again! You have such a great way with words and descriptions. I pale far, far behind you, my friend. Thanks for your help. Heart

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone else experience difficulty plain orders during the 2 hour show? I am so frustrated I couldn't process my orders. Finally I was able to place my order but there were three or four more I wanted to place while Chaz was on air and couldnt. First it wouldn't take my password (yes it was correct) several times then when I hit submit order it locked on me. I remember this also happening last year as well. Couldn't enjoy the show because I was fighting the Q site the whole time