WEN

Trusted Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@yisbuff2 I've read (in the old forum) some people mix their VTS with water and / or RTM to get better results.

I personally haven't figured out the VTS yet for myself. I don't find I get volume from it when I use it on shower wet hair. I have used spritzes of it when blow drying my hair on the roots, it performed better for me.

I do try to use it as hair spray. I find it to be drying and makes my hair crunchy (perhaps this is because it's the old design of the BGT VTS bottles, it just doesn't spray out well). So last week, I mixed BGT RTM and BGT VTS together into an old 2oz RTM container. The results were much better for me. My hair finally did not feel crunchy. I must admit, I don't have a hair style that truly requires hair spray, so I don't truly need a lot of hold, but I was happier with these results. 

Good luck! 

Hi Suz! Thank you so much for your insights. The crunchiness with a Wen product was a big surprise, but volumizers are not known for being especially moisturizing. Smiley Happy I am going to try it on my roots today, but I may just have to hang it up on this one. The spray is really rather dense because of the nozzle. When I moved it further away I volumized my face skin - not nice although it smelled good.

I've never tried RTM, but plan to try that with the 8/15 product, so if I don't return it I will try it. Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

So far the VTS has not worked for me. It just seems to dry out my hair so I gave up on it.

HSB, we may be on the same page here. I'm giving it one more try! If it doesn't work then I will just return it. I hate to return the MIF SC, but I have the BGT SC so I can wait for another configuration to get that product.

Thanks for replying!

Honored Contributor

Re: Volumizer tips?

[ Edited ]

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

For curly hair, you are better off using duck clips at the crown for volume. I usually just use the Volumizing spray as a setting spray and not fot actual volume.

The duck clips are super easy to use. Thankfully, @Albany_Irvin did a blog post with a perfect picture, so I don't have to go searching the web for another. Smiley Happy http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Embrace-Your-Curls/ba-p/1980276

You can get the duck clips at most drugstores or beauty supply stores. There are all different kinds, but you want the longer metal clips that usually have holes along the top. In this image of many types of clips, you'd be looking for the two clips at the bottom of the image. 

Ooooooh thank you Chynna! This is really helpful! I have seen them at Sally's and will reivew what size would make sense for my hair. It also makes sense to use it as a setting spray.

Do you comb it out at all or put your fingers through it to keep it from being crunchy?

If I have crunch, I'll scrunch it out when my hair is dry. I only use a comb on dry hair before I get into the shower. 

I put my WEN leave-in, WEN oil, and Curl Keeper (by Curly Hair Solutions) into soaking wet hair, blot dry with a t-shirt. After that, I use either a cream, gel, or mousse product that I apply with Ouidad's "Rake and Shake" method to help my curl pattern form and then put the clips in and air dry. Some days I put all my products in and Rake and Shake instead of raking the last product in. However you do it, make sure your hair is still quite wet when you rake and shake.

The video above I set to start at the styling part. The beginnning shows her washing and conditioning the woman's hair and then appying a leave-in conditioner. I figure you know how to do all that already. Smiley Happy

That video isn't very well lit, so if you want to see more examples, just do a YouTube search for Rake and Shake and curls and you should find at least a dozen other videos.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

For curly hair, you are better off using duck clips at the crown for volume. I usually just use the Volumizing spray as a setting spray and not fot actual volume.

The duck clips are super easy to use. Thankfully, @Albany_Irvin did a blog post with a perfect picture, so I don't have to go searching the web for another. Smiley Happy http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Embrace-Your-Curls/ba-p/1980276

You can get the duck clips at most drugstores or beauty supply stores. There are all different kinds, but you want the longer metal clips that usually have holes along the top. In this image of many types of clips, you'd be looking for the two clips at the bottom of the image. 

Ooooooh thank you Chynna! This is really helpful! I have seen them at Sally's and will reivew what size would make sense for my hair. It also makes sense to use it as a setting spray.

Do you comb it out at all or put your fingers through it to keep it from being crunchy?

If I have crunch, I'll scrunch it out when my hair is dry. I only use a comb on dry hair before I get into the shower. 

I put my WEN leave-in, WEN oil, and Curl Keeper (by Curly Hair Solutions) into soaking wet hair, blot dry with a t-shirt. After that, I use either a cream, gel, or mousse product that I apply with Ouidad's "Rake and Shake" method to help my curl pattern form and then put the clips in and air dry. Some days I put all my products in and Rake and Shake instead of raking the last product in. However you do it, make sure your hair is still quite wet when you rake and shake.

The video above I set to start at the styling part. The beginnning shows her washing and conditioning the woman's hair and then appying a leave-in conditioner. I figure you know how to do all that already. Smiley Happy

That video isn't very well lit, so if you want to see more examples, just do a YouTube search for Rake and Shake and curls and you should find at least a dozen other videos.

Oh, my gosh, thank you Chynna Curl Goddess! I've only started really wearing my curls since I have been a Wen girl (a year), and I'm in such a learning phase. I never, ever believed I could let me hair dry naturally before Wen (although mine is straighter when I dry naturally). So, learning other tips and tricks for styling is great. I totally am going down the YouTube rabbit hole. THANKS!