WEN

Frequent Contributor

Ugh need help choosing remoist

Hi wenners! I want to purchase either a fig or Pom in the 8 oz but not sure which to choose. If they offered BGT or MIF I would get those but need to get a core since it's not offered. I like the scent of both fig and Pom but cannot choose. I have renoist currently in TT, MIF, and BGT. Please help 😒

Regular Contributor

Re: Ugh need help choosing remoist

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I personally vote for POM. Good luck choosing!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would recommend Fig. Out of the core line the Pomegranate remoist lacks Shea butter and that has a definite negative effect on my hair. Provides no moisture whatsoever. Fig and the rest from the wheat line all have the Shea butter so any of those would do. 

The rice remoist line also lacks Shea butter but I think the other ingredients make up for it. I've only tried BGT but I liked it. Hope to try MIF remoist soon. 

Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

I would pick which fragrance you like best and will blend in with the scents you are cleansing the most with. 

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny3 wrote:

I would recommend Fig. Out of the core line the Pomegranate remoist lacks Shea butter and that has a definite negative effect on my hair. Provides no moisture whatsoever. Fig and the rest from the wheat line all have the Shea butter so any of those would do. 

The rice remoist line also lacks Shea butter but I think the other ingredients make up for it. I've only tried BGT but I liked it. Hope to try MIF remoist soon. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing this information. Up until now, I had thought that all of the remoists worked more or less equally well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like to mix several together!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@hennypenny3 wrote:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for sharing this information. Up until now, I had thought that all of the remoists worked more or less equally well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

It might also depend on hair type and what hair responds to, but there are some key differences. But Remoist contains ingredients from 5 different nuts and Pom is nut and wheat free. Pom replaces those nut-derived products with pomegranate oil, Abyssinian oil. Pom also lacks the wheat amino acids that the other Remoist formulas have.

I have dry hair and really need Fig cleansing conditioner for moisture and I don't find that the Pom CC works for me at all. I tried the Pom Remoist, but prefer Sweet Almond Mint for scent and performance.

Respected Contributor

I've only ever used TT or Fig remoist, and for me the Fig is hands down more moisturizing, just like the comparison between the same kinds of CC.  I figure, if I'm going for moisture, I'll go whole hog for maximum moisture with Fig remoist, and for scalp conditioning I likewise go all in for max benefits with TT oil.  I'm very performance-oriented, and WEN isn't cheap, so I go for the most bang for my buck.  I haven't tried the rice-based remoists yet, but probably won't, my Fig is doing the job very well.  Hope this helps!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all so much for your input. I ordered the fig and can't wait to get it. My hair responds well to the fig CC so I think that's the best choice as I need moisture. For those of you wanting to try the rice remoists, I would highly recommend both the BGT and MIF. They are both superior products!!

Respected Contributor

I've tried the re-moist in both POM and Fig and have never noticed a real difference in the performance so I would say just pick based on the scent you like the best.