WEN

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Top 3 favorite wen formulas

Hi all!  Since there are newbies, I spell things out now.  I used to do that anyway and got kind of "yelled at" for not using abbreviations, but it's important that the newbies know which is which so they can make their choices.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi all!  Since there are newbies, I spell things out now.  I used to do that anyway and got kind of "yelled at" for not using abbreviations, but it's important that the newbies know which is which so they can make their choices.

@77yangya I totally agree with you! Having been in that same situation of not knowing what the abbreviations meant, a few of the posters were very patient with me when I started with WEN. They slowed down and spelled things out. 

I try to spell the acronym out the first time I use it in the post, and then if I want to use the product name again, that is when I switch to the abbreviation.

I also got hung up on some of the abbreviations in other forums. I was going, "What does DH mean?" for a while. ha! Sometimes I have to just Google it. The one that I just could not figure out for the longest time was "smh." So I checked with my friends at work who are on the Internet ALL the time, just because of their job duties. Now I know!

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Lori1962 wrote:
Thanks for spelling ou World Traveler, trying to figure things out. You are also very helpful, thank you very much

@Lori1962 You are welcome!

I have been there before.......three years ago when I started with WEN I didn't know what anyone was talking about, other than I got the impression the posters really loved WEN. ha! 

After asking what this acronym meant and what that acronym meant, there were several posters who were kind enough to make note to spell it out for me when they responded to my questions. I always appreciated that.

So what I did, and you might want to also do, was print out the list of abbreviations and what product they are referring to, keep it close to your computer (I taped it on the side of my monitor), and after a while the meaning of the acronyms will come easily to you. Heart

I recently posted a new thread called WEN Abbreviations - 2018, if you think that would be helpful for you at this time. Smiley Happy

@World Traveler I can't find that thread😀

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Suebdoo See if this works:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/WEN/WEN-Abbreviations-2018/td-p/4710450

Not sure if I copied the link correctly. Hope it works! 

Go to the post that I did after the initial list; I amended the list. Smiley Happy