WEN

Trusted Contributor
I contacted Chaz's site to let them know and they said I should contact QVC as this is where I purchased it. I was surprised they wouldn't help.

For those of you who have had issues, is this typical?

I didn't want to return the product for a refund and have to wait to receive another. Shipping times are long these days and I didn't want to stop, then start using the product.
Super Contributor

@Shaunac absolutely never had this happen. I usually go to chazdean.com and do a chat. I have always received quick results.  Just to let you know, I also had problems in the beginning with the pump and was about to contact CS. I read somewhere to try and pull up the pump a bit at the neck, then spray. The spray usually works a couple times and may go out again, but after doing this about 3 times, it completely stopped jamming. I understand wanting a new pump but this may help you in the meantime.

Trusted Contributor
@scullychick

I did a chat, too. I have always heard great things about Chaz's customer service and expected David to offer to send a new pump. I've read other complaints and that person received a new pump.
Respected Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:
@scullychick

I did a chat, too. I have always heard great things about Chaz's customer service and expected David to offer to send a new pump. I've read other complaints and that person received a new pump.

I always email & have mostly had Brittany respond..She is amazing, try emailing..

customerservice@chazdean.com 

I am in  love with the tonic..I actually put some of mine in empty oil bottle..I like using the dropper method, also Chaz suggested using a makeup wedge to apply around hair line if it helps..I  just put some drops on the sponge and apply in hard to "get" hairline areas, (where I don't use the dropper) hope any of this helps.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

In the meantime, @Shaunac , someone posted they were using a bulb dropper from one of the WEN oils to apply the Tonic directly to the scalp, just as you'd apply the oils.

That sounds very efficient to me. I plan to order the tonic today, and won't bother with the sprayer. I'll just use a dropper, then massage it into the scalp, as directed.

Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem, but I solved it by rinsing the nozzle after every time I use it. There must be an ingredient in it that is sticky or something because I find it works fine the next time.

I have more trouble with the cleansing conditioner bottle pumps. He needs to fix those. I have had them break off the top, I have had the tube split, it is so annoying.

I heard him say once just use another pump from a different flavor or bottle but that was not an acceptable cooment for me. Once the pumps break, it is so hard to water down the cleanser to transfer it to an empty bottle that has a good pump. Either upgrade the pumps or send an extra one with purchases.

Trusted Contributor
@gabstoomuch

I agree. I don't think I should have to try to figure out an alternative way to use the product. Yes, I could exchange or return it, but good customer service would offer to replace the pump so as not to convenience the customer. Especially since this appears to be a common complaint with the tonic.
Respected Contributor

@Shaunac   I suggested the dropper to you not because my pump didn't work, it works great..It's because I prefer it that way..Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Shaunac ,  I agree, that's an odd response from Chaz's CS team. I thought I'd read they wanted the defective pumps so they could analyse why it's sticking and make the appropriate fix.

I always email any issues to

customerservice@chazdean.com

Trusted Contributor

I emailed Chaz's site, per a few people's suggestions, and received a much more helpful reply. 

Mandi suggested I cut 1/2 - 1 inch off the bottom of the pump.  She says customers are having luck doing this and if this didn't work, she would send a new pump to me.   This is the kind of response I would expect from Chaz's team.  I've only tried the pump once after cutting it and so I'm not sure if this is a sure fix.  It did work the one time I tried it.  

Thanks for helping, all.