WEN

Occasional Contributor

Kind of a silly question, but I need some advice on whether I should go ahead and open all the new CC's that just came in or would it be better to use up what I already have open.

I am new to WEN and have been using WEN Kids Apple and SAM.  I have a 16 oz CC in both of those and just opened another 16 oz CC in SHP.  Today I got another order delivered and have several 16 oz CC's just waiting to be opened- SCLV, SCM, TT, and LAV.

I have no idea what works best with my chin length fine hair. I'm obsessed with trying everything, especially the summer scents, but I'm not sure if its better to use 1 CC for a few weeks before switching to another formula.  If I use a different CC everyday, will I be able to tell which one works best for my hair?  Any advice would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: To open or not to open....

I'd open them all and just use them on alternating days. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

in my experience, the "differences" between formulas are not going to take any time to notice. i can tell after one use which formulas work best for my hair. Good luck and have fun!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kesstrain wrote:
in my experience, the "differences" between formulas are not going to take any time to notice. i can tell after one use which formulas work best for my hair. Good luck and have fun!

That is true. On some I can tell while using it in the shower, because it leaves my hair feeling rough from too much protein. On others though, there is a difference when my hair is dry. LAV makes me look I stuck my finger in a light socket. At least it did when I first used Wen. I'm not sure now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I would definitely open them up so you can test them out before your 30 day return policy is up just in case something doesn't work for you.  And, yes, you should have an idea after one day if a particular CC will work for you.  Though you may find there are some that you can't use several days on a row.  Good luck and have fun! Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Hi @peanutjk, that's great that you got your QVC Wen order so quickly. Smiley Happy

I think that you could open all of the CCs right now because Chaz says they have a 2 year shelf life once you open them. -- lol, I've got about 15 open bottles since I use all of the Seasonal CCs. Smiley Wink My personal experience has been that they start to go bad for me after they've been open for four years.

Are the TT and LAV from the (3) 16oz CCs ODO? -- If so then I'd suggest that you open both of them. You've already tried the SAM CC which was the third CC in that trio. -- Figure out if you like all three of them now... and if you do, then you might want to reorder the trio which is still on feature price... BUT only if you really like all three... otherwise try some of the other ones.  -- And I still think you may be a BGT & MIF Restoratives Wen girl. Smiley Wink

I'd suggest that you open the SMC but leave the SCLV closed for now. -- A lot of Wenners really feel that SHP and SMC give their hair added moisture, so now's the time to find out. 

And when your MIF and BGT duo comes, try out the MIF first (it's my "go to").

___

While you'll get a better idea of how the various CCs work for you if you stick with each for a few times... even a single use will give you a good idea of how the various CCs work for you. 

My vote would be to try each one once and then move onto the next one. -- Alter that, go back and give the ones you liked most a bit of a whirl. Smiley Happy

Of course, that's just my suggestion. Smiley Happy

Enjoy!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

I would definitely open them up so you can test them out before your 30 day return policy is up just in case something doesn't work for you.  And, yes, you should have an idea after one day if a particular CC will work for you.  Though you may find there are some that you can't use several days on a row.  Good luck and have fun! Smiley Happy

@BExplorer, that's an excellent idea. I forgot about that. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Perhaps you just forgot because you're one of the lucky ones who can use almost all formulas. Smiley Happy

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BExplorer wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Perhaps you just forgot because you're one of the lucky ones who can use almost all formulas. Smiley Happy

@BExplorer, lol, not that I brag about it or anything. Smiley Wink

I've never sent a Wen CC back... not ever. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@peanutjk wrote:

Kind of a silly question, but I need some advice on whether I should go ahead and open all the new CC's that just came in or would it be better to use up what I already have open.

I am new to WEN and have been using WEN Kids Apple and SAM.  I have a 16 oz CC in both of those and just opened another 16 oz CC in SHP.  Today I got another order delivered and have several 16 oz CC's just waiting to be opened- SCLV, SCM, TT, and LAV.

I have no idea what works best with my chin length fine hair. I'm obsessed with trying everything, especially the summer scents, but I'm not sure if its better to use 1 CC for a few weeks before switching to another formula.  If I use a different CC everyday, will I be able to tell which one works best for my hair?  Any advice would be appreciated Smiley Happy

@peanutjk I was/am just like you Woman LOL I was hooked after the 1st cleanse & was also obsessed (that's the perfect word) with trying it all & I pretty much did in less than a year Smiley Wink

I open everything I haven't tried as soon as I get it Smiley Embarassed You will know right away if it's something you like & sometimes mixing formulas will give you something better than either one alone, or help use up something you're not crazy about. I had 16 open CC bottles at one time, I love to mix & hardly ever use the same thing 2 days in a row, I think I got abou 10 open now Woman Wink

Have fun with it & share your results, cuz we get it Smiley Wink