WEN

Respected Contributor

So last night I changed how I used leave-in and styling cream, and something odd happened.  Usually I put in some cc as a leave-in (since my perm last December my hair is much dryer, almost never used leave in before that), then get out of the shower and put in styling cream.  Last night I put  a pump of  WVM in my hand, got out of the shower, put two pumps of WVM (about equivalent volumes) on top of the cc, and mixed it all together.  Instead of a smooth mix, it would up looking like cottage cheese!!!  I then put it in my hair and it worked in and stayed in immediately, without any more water drips from the wet hair to the bath mat!  Usually my hair will keep dripping, but this globby mix seemed to just suck up the water and hold it in my hair!  My hair is silkier than usual today, I'm going to do this from now on!  I have no idea what chemical reaction went on when I pre-mixed the cc and sc, and why it wound up looking like cottage cheese, but it certainly seems to have been a good thing, at least with WVM.  I'll try it with other formulas and see if it does the same thing.  Has anyone else ever mixed cc and sc before application, and did it go together smoothly, or get lumpy, like my WVM did?  Did you notice it seemed to be more moisturizing when mixed first?   I look forward to hearing anyone else's experiences!

Respected Contributor

Re: This is a little weird....

@CamilleP  I have not mixed the CC & SC together, but will try it tomorrow.

I don't have WVM, but will use what I have and see, I don't use much CC leave in as my hair is kind of short, but will mix what I do use..Thx

Trusted Contributor

I always mix my leave-in CC and SC together with RTM and oil for my leave-in.  No cottage cheese, though I don't have WVM.  😆

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Hi CamilleP!  I never mix the two "together" but what I do, do, is immediately when I take my head out of the shower stream and it is completely soaked, I add a pump of leave in and I DO NOT wring hair, I then immediately take a pump of styling creme and apply that.  I rake, twist and PUSH it into the hair and what's left, I do the crown.  My hair, by this time is no longer dripping because it is absorbing the leave in and styling creme.  I don't mix them but if it works for you, GREAT!  I believe people apply leave in and styling creme after wringing hair or waiting until it's not soaking wet and it just sits on the surface and will not penetrate.  Soaking wet hair is key!  I'm glad that you found something that is great for you though! XO

Respected Contributor

No cottage cheese!  LOL!!    That cracked me up!!!!

Respected Contributor

I suspect the RTM dilutes the mix out enough to keep it smooth, BExplorer, and the oil would also make it smoother.  Maybe I'll put a few drops of WVM oil into the mix next time I use that formula and see if it makes any difference.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Well, last night I tried mixing BGT cc and sc, and got a slightly less lumpy, but still very flocculant mix.  Again, it sucked up all the moisture in my very wet hair and bound it in.  This technique is a winner for me, I don't know what the chemical reaction is, but it's a good one for my hair!

Honored Contributor

My hair is plentiful, but fine.  I just don't think I could use that much product successfully.  But, good for you!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Drythe, my hair is very fine, too, and used to be very straight, but since my perm in December, it's got body and is way, way more dry than it used to be.  I never used leave-in cc, ever, just styling cream if I was going to heat style, because my hair would be limp and lanky and greasy looking if I did.  Now, though, it's actually frizzy and dry unless I "feed" it liberally.  I oil treat twice a week and re-moist once a week, and use cc and sc or just cc as a leave-in every day.  My hair is drinking it up. 

I know, when the perm grows out and gets cut off, I'll quit using alot of the extra products, just sc if I know I'll be heat styling, but for now, I've really switched up my routine.