WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thinking about trying Wen Men. Have any Ladies used it? What do you think?

@cosmic1 wrote:
I've read where some compare it to Tom Ford's Black Orchid? Someone please correct me if I got the name wrong.

To me, I think I'm really responding to the amber notes combined with ginseng? It smells the best once you work it into your hair and add water.

@remember a poster mentioning this, when Wen men was first launched, I can't take the credit for it (or the blame, lol). I think it was either @Kjelle or KJPA, now I can't remember 😁 Black Orchid by Tom Ford is my all time favorite fall/winter fragrance 😍 I absolutely adore it, and I believe Wen Men has some of the same notes. 

I know now that I'll love the smell of the CC, but am concerned about how it'll perform for my hair. I'm also curious to see how the oil smells. Is it exactly like the CC? Or a bit different?

Esteemed Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko I know what you mean & it isn't something I have to have right now. I'm not sure how long the event price will last, thought it might end today but maybe not.

I like the 32 oz & 4 oz sizes, & i don't need the RTM or SC Smiley Wink

I am a 100% with you on this. No need for any rtms and sc with as many as we already have. But a 32 + 4 duo = Value!

OK I caved Smiley Embarassed Got this & the glossing serum duo Smiley Wink

Did ya get WEN Men on A/D, just in case?

Honored Contributor

I've had really poor results from the other rice-based WEN cleansers, so I'm not going to be trying WEN Men. That said, I love amber scents and hope that the WEN Men oil will be sold on its own because I would love to try that.

Regular Contributor

Here are the results of my WEN MEN cleanse. I didn't dry prime last night. I had really loaded my hair with SHP oil.  Instead I did a second cleanse with WEN MEN. Overall it smells fresh and modern to me.  I detect a fresh note, probably the bamboo. I also well the ginseng and Amber. I still love the scent, but I will probably use it more during the cooler months.   Sonechko described the scent well in her earlier post. I agree with Cosmic that the scent really comes alive after you mix with water and allow it to bloom.

I have good luck with the rice based lines, so this works well for me.  I will post my review as soon as the oil arrives.

I think I read in an earlier post that you did order the duo. I hope you enjoy it!

Super Contributor

I would think the oil smells differently than the CC because while both contain eucaIyptus oil near the top of the ingredient list, only the oil also contains tea tree oil & peppermint oil near the top. So I have to believe those distinct-smelling oils would change the scent of the oil vs. the CC. May be more minty smelling.

Trusted Contributor

@CWS22 wrote:

I would think the oil smells differently than the CC because while both contain eucaIyptus oil near the top of the ingredient list, only the oil also contains tea tree oil & peppermint oil near the top. So I have to believe those distinct-smelling oils would change the scent of the oil vs. the CC. May be more minty smelling.

This is what I am thinking, as well 😞  I'm not a fan of mint smells, especially when doing the overnight oil treatments. I decided against ordering this duo after I read the ingredient listing for the oil. 

I'm  looking forward to seeing the reviews on the oil, it'll be interesting to see how people describe it. 

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko I know what you mean & it isn't something I have to have right now. I'm not sure how long the event price will last, thought it might end today but maybe not.

I am a 100% with you on this. No need for any rtms and sc with as many as we already have. But a 32 + 4 duo = Value!

@sonechko You KNOW I did LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@FleaMktQn - Beauty and Brains! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@sonechko You KNOW I did LOL

@FleaMktQn , well done!!! Smiley Happy 

or, to quote @sonechko : 

@FleaMktQn - Beauty and Brains! Woman Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CWS22 wrote:

I haven't tried it yet and actually ordered that duo over the weekend but then cancelled it last night. Only because I think a 32 oz bottle is not the best way for me to "try it". I would rather try a 16 oz bottle but he's not selling that size as of yet.

The reason I thought I would hold off is because he'll be back in two weeks so I think I'll wait and see if he brings any Wen Men kits in for the visit. I hear there are other products coming in the Men line. I would just rather start with a smaller 16 oz bottle myself, to see if I like it.

I wish he'd bring in a small kit like he does for the seasonals, that would be awesome. A 16 oz bottle, a 1 oz oil and a 2 oz RTM.

I definitely agree with you.  The 3 piece kits that are offered are a great way of trying a new formula/scent to decide if you like it before ordering a larger size.