WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Things I learned from Chaz on TSV day.

@sonechko
Sorry about that by "regular". I really meant weekly remoist treatments. I maybe wrong but I think the only difference between the core and seasonal remoist is the scent.
@sueinsf I remoist the next day after I get my color done and I've never experienced fading. I'm so used to it now I don't know how I did without it.
@quadmimi yes the oils are essential I try to do as many treatments as I can. I do more in the winter because I'm not out as often. A few weeks ago I was at a planned gathering I did my oil treatment a few days before followed by the cleanse then an overnight re moist. I got so many compliments and I knew it was due to the remoist.
Honored Contributor

Like you @1Professor - I was really doing the leave ins wrong! 

I was using about a dime size of the CC and less than that of the styling cream. So after this visit, I learned to use more.

My hair is the longest it's been in a while. I use nothing but WEN on it - no heat, no blow dry. It's normal (not oily or dry, but color treated),  naturally wavy and at this length, the curls on the end really come out. 

So when I cleansed last I used one whole pump of the CC (32 oz.) and one whole pump of the styling cream. My hair was a lot softer than it usually is. 

I have the remoist, but I haven't used it. I use the oil overnight about every two weeks or so and climb into bed with my cap on!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi @1Professor, I think you mean tepid water!  LOL!  Just kidding you.  Anyway, yes, you're right.  Doing it this way, keeps the color in much longer!

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko, don't know if this will work for you but it has really helped me a lot.

I add Remoist to my hair about 3/4 of the way thru my 2nd cleanse, when all the product and grime is washed and rinsed out, and there's just a bit of WEN froth left.

(about the time you'd add fabric softener to a laundry cycle, if that makes sense)

I clip it up about 15 minutes and then rinse it all out and add my usual leave ins.

Since I started this my hair's stronger, the ends are in much better shape, and I can feel the difference when I'm applying leave in products.

I guess I'll never use it the right way, but at least by adding it to the wash, I do use it.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@sonechko, don't know if this will work for you but it has really helped me a lot.

I add Remoist to my hair about 3/4 of the way thru my 2nd cleanse, when all the product and grime is washed and rinsed out, and there's just a bit of WEN froth left.

(about the time you'd add fabric softener to a laundry cycle, if that makes sense)

I clip it up about 15 minutes and then rinse it all out and add my usual leave ins.

Since I started this my hair's stronger, the ends are in much better shape, and I can feel the difference when I'm applying leave in products.

I guess I'll never use it the right way, but at least by adding it to the wash, I do use it.

This is very interesting and great idea @x Hedge!  I am definitely very interested and going to try Remoist in this way! Well, in addition to a regular weekly overnight. Love Remoist treatment results! Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko, if you read thru the Remoist directions in that lil WEN booklet they sometimes send with an order, you'll see where this method comes from.

They advised priming just cleaned, rinsed wet hair with more CC before adding Remoist, then clip up and wait a while before final rinse.

That's basically what I do, with a tiny modification.

Or, sometimes I'll do a 3rd cleanse and consider that my 'primer'.