WEN

Frequent Contributor

Tea Tree CC -- what is the hype?

I took the advice about Tea Tree I've been hearing for years and decided to get a 36 oz.  I've been using it for a week and I'm wondering what the hype is all about. My hair is dry, flat and too soft.

I've used is for the first cleanse, for both and mixed with Bella and seasonals.

Tea Tree fan clubbers -- what am I missing?  Perhaps it's just not for me Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: Tea Tree CC -- what is the hype?

All i know about tea tree oil is that it stinks and with prolonged use it caused burns on my skin.  This was the pure oil, not shampoo.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  You should never use pure TT oil on your scalp, it should alway be diluted with other carrier oils if used on the scalp, I am positive that is what made it burn your skin.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

@Kachina624  You should never use pure TT oil on your scalp, it should alway be diluted with other carrier oils if used on the scalp, I am positive that is what made it burn your skin.

@SandGirl @Kachina624 @LucysMommy 

Hello,

Just to let you know that Tea Tree oil is the ONLY essential oil that is OK to use directly on the skin.  However, WEN Tea Tree oil is already diluted, so is fine to use as it comes from the bottle.

It does tingle, any more than that, such as actual discomfort, is not a normal reaction, and I would not continue use.

That said I use WEN TT oil & CC for growth and have done so for many years.  Great results, good strong, long, shiny hair, but no burn for me.

@LucysMommy 

My scalp is oily due to medication.  So I’d say that if your hair is dry after TT, it is likely not the right WEN for you.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@SandGirl @Kachina624 @LucysMommy 

Hello,

Just to let you know that Tea Tree oil is the ONLY essential oil that is OK to use directly on the skin.  However, WEN Tea Tree oil is already diluted, so is fine to use as it comes from the bottle.

It does tingle, any more than that, such as actual discomfort, is not a normal reaction, and I would not continue use.

That said I use WEN TT oil & CC for growth and have done so for many years.  Great results, good strong, long, shiny hair, but no burn for me.

@LucysMommy 

My scalp is oily due to medication.  So I’d say that if your hair is dry after TT, it is likely not the right WEN for you.  

I see someone is on medication.  Last year, it was 4/9/18, I had to get my appendix out and two months later, my gall bladder.  I had bad complications from the latter one.  I had infection at the incision site and severe pain.  Had to have stent installed.  After days and nights in hospital under pain and infection management, I went home.  I was in such pain that a ten minute ride home took almost an hour.  I could not stand the slightest jarring.  Anyway, a couple of months later, I noticed hair shedding.  When I started showering again, and blow drying my hair was shedding out.  It was a bit past shoulder length.  I decided to cut it into a short bob.  I had lost 25 lbs. in 4 weeks, ate nothing, didn't want to.  Hardly drank anything.  When I saw that shedding, I jumped on the computer and it said it was this thing called TE.  Anyway, I started using Tea Tree oil and the CC.  My hair begain to jump start into growing.  It doesn't burn my scalp or even tingle but my hair is growing back nicely.  I mean, I was in bad shape, I had to have IV antibiotics, I was a mess!  LOL!  Tea Tree made my hair grow back so nicely that I had the sensation of "having a hat on".  All the hair that shed begain growing in and mixing with the long ones, was weird feeling!  The hair that's growing back is now around three or so inches long so that "crowded" feeling is subsiding.  I'm just glad it's coming back but Tea Tree helped tremendously!

Trusted Contributor

there is no hype around TT. It is an anti-oxidant used to maintain the proper PH balance of the scalp. It doesn’t matter if your scalp is dry or oily- just that there is some sort of an imbalance. 

It is what it is...

Respected Contributor

I use Tea Tree and Fig

Tea trea on my scalp/roots and fig on my length.  My hair is shoulder length and dry, prone to frizz.

Esteemed Contributor

@LucysMommy TT oil was my very first Wen purchase over 12 years ago. TT saved me and my hair. To me it was a miracle. Within a month I had new hair growth around my face. TT cleanser has always been a staple. always use on my scalp first cleanse.
Are you sure your rinsing enough? My hair is always soft from any cleanser I use. I would continue mixing with another cleanser for first cleanse.
Super Contributor

@LucysMommy 

I use Tea Tree now every single 1st cleanse on my scalp only and I find it makes a world of difference. For my first year wit WEN I mostly only used lavender for both my scalp and hair for every 1st cleanse. I loved lavender (still do)  but felt that maybe once a month I needed to shampoo my scalp only because it would start getting itchy.  Since I have been using Tea Tree on my scalp every cleanse My scalp has not felt itchy nor do I ever feel the need to shampoo anymore. Tea Tree was a game changer for me. I think Chaz should mention it because maybe others have the same problem as I did and if they started using Tea Tree on their scalp it would improve. 

Maybe try just using it on your scalp and a different CC for the length of your hair.